View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #39

Update.

On March 9th, I received a call while I was at work from Sven at Gio Bikes. I was on a bluetooth headset while driving (a noisy truck), so it wasn't easy to make out exactly what he was saying. Keep in mind I am trying to keep everything I post here detailed and not embellished, but this being a phone call I can not say what exactly was said. Essentially though I remember something along the lines of him telling me that I should be receiving a full refund, and he apologized for the issue with the shocks. He said that they we're low on stock with the shocks and it was possible I received returned defective shocks (or maybe just old ones from a bad shipment) mistakenly, because it is impossible to tell from the looking that they are defective. I asked if he wanted me to send the defective shocks back and he said no.

When I got home I checked my email and had two emails from Gio. It said "
We want to inform you that we have issued full refund for:" along with the order details and price.

I held off posting the update until I could confirm with my credit card that the refund was issued. I now have confirmed that, I was refunded fully for the entire order, shocks, shipping, auction fees, and the replacement cost.

My opinion is that I did not expect this to be resolved after so long. I am happy they did the full refund, although I would have understood not being refunded for the shipping charges, at least the initial ones. And I would have understood (and offered) having to return the defective shocks. It would have been great if it didn't take so long for the problems to be resolved, and if I had not received the service from John, as in my opinion I feel that I was being told I am essentially lying and ripping them off. In my opinion John would be best to avoid dealing with customers, Sven seems to be more qualified from my experience. The issue has finally been resolved satisfactorily, but I don't think I would do it again. Definitely not for the performance shocks. I will be looking into that set of shocks I wanted off of ebay.