ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Templar 250X Fuel Filter (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32158)

knwilson 01-19-2023 09:50 PM

Templar 250X Fuel Filter

Turns out I am still leaking gas. Best I can tell, it’s coming from the fuel filter. Anyone know what I need or have a link for a replacement? Going to try swapping to NIBBI 30mm this weekend and will do the fuel filter then as well.

TominMO 01-19-2023 09:54 PM

Is it the filter itself or maybe just clamps that are not tight enough?

Hap 01-19-2023 10:44 PM

If the filter itself is cracked. I’m sure most any similar sized inline filter will be fine. Most aftermarket’s will probably be better than what’s on it.

Thumper 01-20-2023 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hap (Post 389583)
If the filter itself is cracked. I’m sure most any similar sized inline filter will be fine. Most aftermarket’s will probably be better than what’s on it.

I am thinking my filter could be causing surging (vacuum?). I sealed the intake manifold, which seemed to help quite a bit. But yes, any good generic inline filter should do.

Hap 01-20-2023 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 389588)
I am thinking my filter could be causing surging (vacuum?). I sealed the intake manifold, which seemed to help quite a bit. But yes, any good generic inline filter should do.

It’s definitely possible. Does it go from normal idle to higher and then back down. And does that back and forth?

knwilson 01-20-2023 10:39 AM

I ordered a Tusk In-Line Fuel Filter:
*Fits with standard ¼” fuel line between the fuel tank and carburetor
Clear housing design
1” sintered bronze filter
Dimensions: 7/8” x 2 ¼”

I also reached out to XPRO and they are sending me a replacement as well under the parts warranty. If the Tusk fits, I'll use it. Not sure yet if it's the filter or just loose connections, etc... I also have a 30mm Nibbi arriving tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can finally get this thing running properly with these next steps. Otherwise, I will dig into the valves...

severely 01-20-2023 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knwilson (Post 389606)
I ordered a Tusk In-Line Fuel Filter:
*Fits with standard ¼” fuel line between the fuel tank and carburetor
Clear housing design
1” sintered bronze filter
Dimensions: 7/8” x 2 ¼”

I also reached out to XPRO and they are sending me a replacement as well under the parts warranty. If the Tusk fits, I'll use it. Not sure yet if it's the filter or just loose connections, etc... I also have a 30mm Nibbin arriving tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can finally get this thing running properly with these next steps. Otherwise, I will dig into the valves...

Why not adjust the valves while you wait on parts?

knwilson 01-20-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by severely (Post 389611)
Why not adjust the valves while you wait on parts?

No real reason other than lack of confidence in my own mechanical skills. Hate to tear into the engine if I don't have to. I have adjusted valves before on an old Honda Trail 90 I have, but did so with a detailed video walking me through all the steps. I have not been able to find one for the Templar so I am bit nervous to tackle it if it might not be necessary.

Hap 01-20-2023 05:04 PM

What are the steps in finding Top Dead Center on the Templar X? That’s the only part of the process that I can’t seem to find.

Okierider 01-20-2023 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hap (Post 389622)
What are the steps in finding Top Dead Center on the Templar X? That’s the only part of the process that I can’t seem to find.

There’s a mark on the flywheel.

TominMO 01-20-2023 06:25 PM

See post #24 in this thread. Different bike but same ideas.

https://www.chinariders.net/showthre...t=31297&page=2