ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Custom BoomCat 125 build (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28311)

Aecker 03-11-2021 05:37 AM

Custom BoomCat 125 build

3 Attachment(s)
:hi: Hello, I’m new to the forum and decided to show my bike.
Bought 6 months ago from MotorbikeCustoms in Ca, great guys and fast shipping bike arrived in about 2 weeks with no damage at all very pleased with the packaging and shipping company. Bike started right up but run poorly. This bikes carburetor is way too small for the 125cc, I believe they do this to pass emissions. I have fix most issues with the bike and made some changes as you can see. I’m not a certified mechanic but have wrenched a lot in my life do you get my experience and at time inexperience :lmao
Mods: Hiaors-CB054 Pz22 carburetor re-jetted with 98 main, 35 pilot, needle clip on 3rd groove on bottom, air screw 1 1/2 turns out. Stock air cleaner. Bike runs excellent, very strong pulling, no bogging, FYI this setting can still change as time goes by, I don’t ride the bike much so still trying to get the best performance, 16 tooth front sprocket with 37 tooth rear, digital rpm gauge dash mounted. This bike will cruise at 55mph and so far I’ve topped it off 65mph at 7000 rpm. I believe this engine red lines at 8000 rpm.
FYI updated the carb settings to #90 main and #30 pilot, and this is working great. This bikes are very low geared so if you want top speed, do the sprockets. Re-gearing also with give you a much smoother throttle response.
I removed the front fender because it vibrates a lot since it’s very thin, I’m going to cut and modify it, for now I just made a custom cable holder to keep the brake and speedo cable from rubbing on front tire, tank stickers are custom made, and rear shocks are from my Kymco Spade, fits perfect. 7/8 drag bars make the bike look cooler but not as comfortable. But totally worth it! :D Next, doing the rear fender chop. First pics are the stock bike last pics is after mods. Any questions hit me up. :thanks:

Aecker 03-16-2021 11:05 AM

Fender less bracket

3 Attachment(s)
Hello I removed the front fender due to noise from vibration, the fender is very thin and I’m going to cut/mod to make it stronger and smaller, meanwhile this is the bracket I made, the rod and steel plate are from Home Depot, I think the bracket is just mild steel stock and the rod is a hanger of sort. After cutting and drilling the mounting holes next is welding it together. After just paint. This is just a idea you can come up with your own. You need this to keep the cables from rubbing on the front tire.
Fork tube gaiters or boots 8x25mm eBay.

JerryHawk250 03-16-2021 11:10 AM

Nice job! :tup:

Aecker 03-16-2021 03:44 PM

Thank you kind sir!

Michiganboomcatter 06-17-2022 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aecker (Post 355758)
Thank you kind sir!

are the back shocks an improvement? where would I get these?

Aecker 06-22-2022 08:54 PM

Rear shocks

3 Attachment(s)
Yes, the OEM shocks are terrible, mine caused vibration at high speed, this are from a Kymco Spade and fit great and improved the ride a lot. U can find decent shocks on Amazon, RFY air reservoir shocks are a good value at $80. I got a set for my Spade.

TominMO 06-22-2022 11:12 PM

I'd buy one just so I could use the name Boomcat on a regular basis.....

Aecker 07-03-2022 07:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
New fairing on the Boom.