ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Playing with posting a pic of my ORION 250L (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=27736)

RedCrowRides 11-24-2020 09:39 PM

Playing with posting a pic of my ORION 250L

1 Attachment(s)
Trying to resize this enough to get it to upload ,this is a now butchered and colored on photo i took a few weeks ago of my ORION RXB 250L , it has been a joy to ride offroad and i have had zero issues since i got an initial no fire problem sorted out ,it's okay on the street but a little sketchy mainly due to the aggressive stock knobbies, it is much more dirt oriented than a Brozz or Apollo
Attachment 23488

Plump Kibbles 11-24-2020 10:06 PM

Noice!!

That looks more like my X-Pro than the others from Orion I've seen.

Like the blue man, I got KTM orange.

Looks good from my monitor!

Plump Kibbles 11-25-2020 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCrowRides (Post 349752)
but a little sketchy mainly due to the aggressive stock knobbiesAttachment 23488

Wait - whatchu mean sketchy? If it feels wobbly, check your spokes and true of the rim.. does it feel like you're bobbing up and down / swaying side to side; or just not used to the feel of the off-road tires?

Sorry - just wondering. I was a little sketched out with my first bike as well. Street riding didn't feel smooth, partly due to the knobbies. You should be just as stable on-road as well as off-road though. Not you literally, just the bike and traction of the tires. You'll get used to it man! I stopped riding street bikes in general after getting my first dual-sport. Just wasn't the same enjoyment.

TxTaoRider 11-25-2020 06:08 AM

That really looks good. Very nice bike!

culcune 11-27-2020 09:18 AM

Congrats on your new baby! She looks nice. Was not aware that you were even considering a new bike, let alone an Orion :tup: You will have to give us detailed reports over the coming months.

RedCrowRides 11-27-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 349894)
. Was not aware that you were even considering a new bike, let alone an Orion :tup: You will have to give us detailed reports over the coming months.

Back behind the RXB you can sort of see my Vader125 stunt bike under its cover ,and to the right of the photo the edge of the tarp my 04 Sportster is under. So i had street and "actin the fool " covered, so getting back into some trails riding was about all i really had to address, lol.

Seriously tho., I am very pleased so far with the RXB 250L particularly with how dirt oriented it is, i got the plate-able Model so i could ride down to our local MX track rather than have to trailer it but my intended use is almost pure offroad ,and it excels in that environment for it's price point. It also seems to respond very well to upgrades so far ., if it remains as trouble free as it has been so far then i will be a happy camper, indeed.

Megadan 11-27-2020 06:31 PM

This is still my number one suggested bike for more "Serious" off roading for a bit more than a Hawk budget. Glad that you are liking it so far.

The knobbies will be part of the reason it feels a bit sketchy on pavement. The other part of it is just the chassis setup (rake and trail) which is likely more aggressive than a Hawk due to it being a "race" oriented setup combined with the high center of gravity. It can take some getting used to.

Plump Kibbles 11-27-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 349923)
This is still my number one suggested bike for more "Serious" off roading for a bit more than a Hawk budget. Glad that you are liking it so far.

The knobbies will be part of the reason it feels a bit sketchy on pavement. The other part of it is just the chassis setup (rake and trail) which is likely more aggressive than a Hawk due to it being a "race" oriented setup combined with the high center of gravity. It can take some getting used to.

Second that! :)

Plump Kibbles 11-28-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCrowRides (Post 349752)
Trying to resize this...
Attachment 23488

Where did you get that front sprocket cover?? And is it available in orange?

That looks sick :tup:

RedCrowRides 11-29-2020 10:15 AM

I got it off AliExpress and yes you can get it in Orange, The plastic is very thick so it is very durable and yet it still offers more chain and sprocket clearance than the stock cover does ,I have been very pleased with it so far ,it has held its color well and not faded and it hasn't broken, great item for it's low cost imho.

Here is a link that will take you right to it on Ali, make sure you order the Orange one if thats what you want, the Red one looks real close to it so you got to be careful lol.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...7f664c4dlk4xxY

RedCrowRides 11-29-2020 10:17 AM

Oh, by the way I'm pretty sure the CG clone engine that Brozz , Hawks, etc all use are the same as the "original" 223CC motor in the RXB 250 ( they just recently changed to a 249cc engine) so i dont see why this cover would not also fit them but i can not confirm that first hand .

Plump Kibbles 11-29-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCrowRides (Post 350000)
I got it off AliExpress and yes...

NOICE!! Thanks dude!

Just ordered :thanks:

Plump Kibbles 06-19-2021 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 349923)
This is still my number one suggested bike for more "Serious" off roading .....

I have a video for you to check out - I got my X-Pro (cheap Orion) on the road! But, today I got some pretty serious air aaaaand about broke the bike lol ripped off the tail tidy, bent my plate, ripped the wiring out of the harness, and bottomed out HARD.. I'm just wondering if anyone had that issue? lol

Not trying to bring up old posts - I just remember your post about the "serious" rider lol DEFinitely a good bike though I'm quite impressed.. until I broke it lol I thought it was quite humorous - no injuries or crash! Maybe around 50-60MPH? I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it!

RedCrowRides 06-19-2021 08:03 AM

Joe Henner Motorsports specializes in re-doing RXB and similar Models suspensions at very reasonable prices especially considering the quality of the work he does. The stock suspension is adequate for moderate to aggressive trail riding but big MX style air / jumps are going to require some modifications . Fortunately they are out there and available and not too pricey !