ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Amazon Prime (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25734)

JerryHawk250 03-24-2020 01:22 PM

Amazon Prime

Has anyone try to order anything on Amazon today. Prime now shows April 22 delivery no matter what i look at. :hmm: I was going to order jets but not waiting that long. I found jets half the price on Ebay in the US and will be delivered no later than Monday. What's up with that? Has Amazon shut down? I guess there's no point in paying for Prime for now until this is all over.

2LZ 03-24-2020 02:25 PM

I don't have Prime but use Amazon as my main store. Yes, all 6 of my orders froze for about a week, but are now starting to move as of last night. I had another order ship today. I'm in no hurry. The whole world is a mess at the moment.

JerryHawk250 03-24-2020 02:42 PM

I had a few orders i made a week ago and had no problem getting them on time. Something new to live with for a while. I made two orders 3 weeks ago that were being shipped from China. They just pasted through customs and are scheduled to be delivered by the end of the week. But i knew they would be delayed.

roundhouse 03-24-2020 08:04 PM

People went full hambone hoarding stuff I reckon.

The delivery trucks are full to the brim with bulky packs of 36 rolls of toilet paper. I guess some folks go through it pretty fast. We can make a roll last a week in each bathroom. 2 rolls a week, equals 18 weeks. Do these folk have constant explosive diarrhea?

MADNESS!

2LZ 03-24-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundhouse (Post 331862)
Do these folk have constant explosive diarrhea?

Why yes....yes I do. ;-)

Megadan 03-25-2020 08:32 PM

Amazon is basically putting priority status on speific goods and everything else is secondary. Thus, if you order something like jets, they may be held a week or two until they feel they have space for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundhouse (Post 331862)
The delivery trucks are full to the brim with bulky packs of 36 rolls of toilet paper. I guess some folks go through it pretty fast. We can make a roll last a week in each bathroom. 2 rolls a week, equals 18 weeks. Do these folk have constant explosive diarrhea?

MADNESS!

I wondered that myself. I bought one of those 36 packs from Costco once. I literally went a full year before I needed TP again. :hmm:

2LZ 03-25-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 331961)
I wondered that myself. I bought one of those 36 packs from Costco once. I literally went a full year before I needed TP again. :hmm:

Back when we were a family of four, three of them being females, we blew thru the TP.

kirbo7106 03-27-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 331966)
Back when we were a family of four, three of them being females, we blew thru the TP.

“Blew thru the TP” 😂

That’s too funny!

I tried ordering some stuff from Amazon, but like JerryHawk250 said, that boat ain’t sailing! I ended up ordering through eBay, Back Market and Walmart.com.

Be safe out there!

2LZ 03-27-2020 12:21 PM

As of yesterday, I received all but one order that already had an April delivery date.

JerryHawk250 03-27-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 332117)
As of yesterday, I received all but one order that already had an April delivery date.

That's good to hear. I have one order from amazon that hasn't been shipped yet that i ordered two days ago. Nothing that i'm in a big hurry to get but would be nice to get it within a week.

2LZ 03-27-2020 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received the last order today.
The final part to my Franken-strat. Raw mahogany. Now the work begins.....

cycleway4 03-28-2020 08:32 AM

I have noticed my Prime orders are certainly not the way they were. I'm sure Amazon is overwhelmed right now, with way more orders, employee shortage, prioritized orders, shortages, etc.
Most things I order,..on the ad,..shows delivery time an unexpected, not the usual, few days out,...then on the actual order when placed,...seems the time is shorter,...then more often than not,..still arrives even quicker than that...but nothing in one, or 2 days.

Rangerscott 03-28-2020 11:30 PM

Important stuff ships first. Maybe add some thermaflu or something to your order.

JerryHawk250 03-30-2020 10:00 AM

Still no movement on my order on the 25th. :ohno: If no movement by the end of the day i'm cancelling the order. I can pay $2 more on Ebay and have it by Friday for the same item. Motorcycle mods are essential. It keeps me form going crazy. :lmao:

2LZ 03-30-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 332365)
Still no movement on my order on the 25th.

I can almost guarantee you that things are moving. Two of my 6 orders didn't even show as shipped and they showed up the following day. I think things are moving, albeit slowly, it's the order tracking that seems to be lagging worse.