ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Good things since Corona started? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25718)

wheelbender6 03-21-2020 05:29 PM

Good things since Corona started?

We can get the bad news on TV. Have any good things happened, or has anybody done anything really nice to you?
-With the virus coming, we bought my in-laws, two states away, a smart phone and added it to out plan (they had only a flip phone before, and reception was spotty].
-Sending pics and other attachments to them via text has been a lot of fun. Its not easy to teach a 75 year old to use a smart phone, but we feel far more connected to them now. They can receive texts when phone reception is terrible.

Its_not_a_honda 03-21-2020 05:44 PM

I have really noticed more people outside. Walking, playing, riding bikes and such. Where we take our dog on walks, more parents and kids playing in their yards. I am on vacation on an undisclosed island today. I have seen more folks on the beach than ever! There are more people out and about than in the summer. I guess this is a good thing in that sence. I'm just going to keep doin what I do.

wheelbender6 03-21-2020 08:40 PM

Me too. I was riding my bicycle on the local multi-purpose paths and there were so many people out.

2LZ 03-21-2020 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good thing about living in the sticks is not many people around to avoid anyway. Mrs. 2LZ and I put in a good day hauling brush and burning today. She's loving the new little trailer. Just another day on the ridge.

Megadan 03-21-2020 11:07 PM

The roads are really empty, so it makes going for a ride a lot more relaxing. On top of that the police are also busy doing other things and avoiding the public as much as possible, so there are fewer of them out on the roads monitoring for traffic violations. Not that I would ever do anything illegal...

wheelbender6 03-22-2020 09:36 AM

A large group rented the house next to mine for the weekend. Some of them had parked in my driveway, and I wasn't very happy about it. They moved their cars without any bother.
-After observing out the window occasionally, we realized a wedding was taking place next door.
-We picked up a bottle of bubbly from the store and delivered it next door, offering congratulations to the bride and groom.
-We expected a sleepless night, with loud music. We were dead wrong. We hardly heard a peep out of them all night.

2LZ 03-22-2020 02:56 PM

Something to look at

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought Mrs. 2LZ and I would share this pic from yesterday. Something different to look at besides your living room walls.

This is looking northeast toward South Lake Tahoe. The sun was setting to the west behind us shining on various trees and a big black cloud was heading at us from the east. It rained shortly thereafter.

Rocket tests 03-22-2020 07:59 PM

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/covi...c09e7817d.html

Aparently there is some good to come of all this.

roundhouse 03-23-2020 09:33 AM

My dog is in hog heaven. about 9am I walk into the garage with him and he chases those crane flies and naps in the sun (When it is sunny) and pretty much only come in to eat until dark.

Took the hawk out yesterday, it is muddy as hell! I am so happy because I have to clean and lube the chain and clean up the bike. That should be a couple hours of piddling. It will keep me from just sitting still and smoking cigars which I admit are not good for me.

Sport Rider 03-23-2020 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I put a new canopy up on the back porch. hoping for some comfortable spring evenings during the social distancing that we can spend out there. yesterday rearranged furniture in the family room for the MRS. up side is we're likely to get lots of things done around the house which we've been putting off. :)

JerryHawk250 03-23-2020 10:18 AM

The Governor issued a stay home ordered starting tonight. Looks like i'll get some stay home pay. :D I think I'll turn my yard into a dirt track. :lmao:

Wild Dog 03-23-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 331734)
The Governor issued a stay home ordered starting tonight. Looks like i'll get some stay home pay. :D I think I'll turn my yard into a dirt track. :lmao:

Lucky you, i have a few places of my own where, mostly suburban somewhat big... There i could even do some small dirt track, mess with the motorcycle, etc.....
Yet the mandatory quarantine found in a flat....

wheelbender6 03-24-2020 10:27 PM

I have noticed that I am using less hair gel since the virus started. I can just let those cow licks stick up when working from home.

pete 03-24-2020 11:09 PM

I am a bit lucky... I live 116 steps from a river full of brown trout...
might get the rod out to fill the days...

kirbo7106 03-25-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 331884)
I am a bit lucky... I live 116 steps from a river full of brown trout...
might get the rod out to fill the days...

Hey Pete...a bit lucky...??? You are 116 steps from a good time! They write songs about that!!! Show us some pictures!!!

Have a great day!