ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Poll - How did you get your bike??? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=2562)

CrazyCarl 04-02-2008 03:13 AM

Poll - How did you get your bike???

Just trying to do some research and would like to know a little more about how people end up with their China-motos.

I think we can all get a general feeling about this question but I think seeing the numbers could be interesting so if you have a moment, please pitch in your .02 and feel free to add comments.

Other useful info might be your general location and model purchased.

Much thanks ya'll,
CC

SamM 04-02-2008 03:19 AM

I just woke up. Couldn't sleep. My family all have the flu and I'm on the couch to hopefully avoid exposure to it. Saw your poll and figured I'd get my vote in early. Even though my purchase was made through ebay, I only made a small deposit and then picked my bike up at the dealership. The bike was brand new.

SamM

Jim 04-02-2008 03:29 AM

I voted for new in person from the dealer...

My first bike I got new from the dealer in person, the second bike I got new in person from the distributor. The distributor, in both cases, though I only directly dealt with in the second case was www.coasttocoastmotorsports.com and if you are in Canada I recommend them, they are great to deal with.

DirtRoadKing 04-02-2008 08:09 AM

An internet vendor, unseen.
Much more happy with the bike than the vendor.

IronFist 04-02-2008 08:28 AM

From dealer, Daymak/Daymak.com, Toronto, Ontario Canada.
"how people end up with their China-motos."
I was going to get an electric bike, no ins/licence/reg. The bike was crap, really it was that bad. Got a 150cc Xingyue Easy for street use/ new. Lots ofthings wrong with it, Lot's of things Right. Very good engine. Very happy, rider for life.
Good luck in your travels. N2r.

Cal25 04-02-2008 08:44 AM

Did my homework and compared bikes. The bike I chose was at dealer a couple hundred miles away. Bought it thru Ebay but drove up to choose the color, pay for it, and pick it up.

I deal with freight lines at work and hate haveing to file damage /loss claims. It was worth it to me to pic it up myself.

It was overall a very positive experience. I would not hesitate to do it again.

panamarandy 04-02-2008 08:47 AM

From an internet dealer..now i regret that...

driller 04-02-2008 09:07 AM

I listened to a lot of the guys here before buying from "http://motoxtreme.net/", and he couldn't have been better!

AZ200cc 04-02-2008 12:51 PM

I bought mine from a friend who used it to teach his wife to ride.

katoranger 04-02-2008 10:05 PM

I bought mine from a B&M seller. I wouldn't call them a dealer since he wasn't an authorized AL dealer.

The seller did right and got me the a title for my bike, but he didn't really follow the correct dealer rules in the state of GA. I knew the rules better than he did.

The bike has been great and I got a good price so it work out well for me.

Just bought another bike tonight that I hope to chinafy and ride.

Allen

ambassador 04-02-2008 11:03 PM

T-Motorsports from E-bay, not a whole lot of complaints, had to hit the DMV twice in the meantime they gave me a temp tag and send back my MCO to be filled out but the bike runs great, take it to work every morning...
Can say that I did sweat it after I hit the enter button on my bid and won, not really knowing what the outcome of my purchase may be but overall I'm very satisfied...

zundapp2 04-03-2008 05:57 AM

My Hi-Bird 250 came from VBikes in Arizona, sight unseen. Prompt shipping, no damage to anything, and correct paperwork with bike; a perfect transaction. Would do it again.

CrazyCarl 04-05-2008 01:03 AM

If this is accurate there's an obvious area where the market needs to be improved.

If you bought your bike from an internet vendor, how did you expect to handle any warranty work?

CC

04-05-2008 01:56 AM

7 Days, No word on my bike yet!!!!

I hope my money did not go directly to a off-shore account............ :evil:

CrazyCarl 04-05-2008 05:03 AM

Where'd you order it from? What did you order?

CC