ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   New Hawk owner in Tennessee (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19570)

GaryWoodworker 07-23-2017 12:12 PM

New Hawk owner in Tennessee

My name is Gary.
I just purchased a Hawk from TXPOWERSPORTS in Green Color. The bike arrived without a scratch on it although the angle iron crate was warped pretty good, so I sort of lucked out there. The bill of sale and MCO arrived 3 days later, to my surprise. I had absolutely no trouble registering this Hawk at my local County Court Clerk and getting my tags in TENNESSEE. They left the "Buyer" info blank on my bill of sale so I filled it in before I went to register the bike. I was tossed in deciding between purchasing the Hawk and the Bashan Storm or Bashan Brozz. Both are really good looking bikes, but the only place that I could find one of these two bikes was at SUPERIORPOWERSPORTS and pay a $280 delivery charge, and I didn't want to pay that. They also have the Hawk with free shipping, but I decided on TXPOWERSPORTS after getting involved with their online chat on their website. All my questions were answered, and they were proven correct, so I am very delighted with my purchase.
:tup:

dpl096 07-23-2017 09:37 PM

Welcome aboard Gary and thank you for sharing a positive purchasing experience! Congratulations on the bike. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 selections as too many CR residents have had good results and love their bikes. Be safe, ride smart and make some memories.

BlackBike 07-23-2017 10:00 PM

:tup: that green makes you think its a Kaw :hehe: glad you're here!

Emerikol 07-23-2017 10:03 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Gary! Glad your experience with TXPowersports was smooth. Feel free to reach out to any of the veteran members here for advice and guidance on pulling every drop of performance and potential from your new Hawk! Happy riding, and remember to keep the rubber side (mostly) down!

Weldangrind 07-24-2017 12:15 PM

Hey Gary! Thanks for joining us. We need pics!

Megadan 07-24-2017 01:49 PM

Welcome Gary and congrats on the new bike!

Huck369 07-24-2017 10:18 PM

Welcome aboard Gary, I'm your northern neighbor in Kentucky :)

GaryWoodworker 08-07-2017 03:54 PM

Thanks to all for the greetings. I did read some of the posts before my purchase. Still reading now while doing mods to my bike. I am not looking to making a race bike out of a RPS Hawk. I just need it to go 50-55 MPH with reliability. Some of the mods I have already done are :
Mikuni carb 110 main jet 26 pilot jet,

JT Sprockets 428 Steel Rear 40 tooth
Stock 15 front 50 Rear 3.33 to 1 Ratio
With 17 Front 45 Rear 2.76 to 1 Ratio
With 15 Front 40 Rear 2.67 to 1 Ratio ,
Header fiberglass wrap over exhaust pipe all the way to the muffler joint,
I changed the fork oil with PJ1 15 weight fork oil, 200mg each fork, there is a drain screw in the bottom of the Carrera style forks. They do not have to be removed to drain.

As per the YouTube video from Killer Motorsports, I performed 3 warmup cycles and then changed the oil. I actually changed the oil before I even cranked the motor, but today I changed it again. I bled the brake systems with DOT3 brake fluid.

I am planning to replace all lights with LEDs. I may replace the tires with Shinko 705 series tires, but that will be later.

I will have more later. Have a good day.

Megadan 08-08-2017 12:04 AM

I never recommend removing that bottom screw to drain the forks. If it holds the dampenong rod in.place, it can be a pain to get it back in and tightened. To each their own though lol.

When you say 200mg, i am assuming you meant ml. The standard oil level is 210ml. I run 230, or 105mm compressed air gap in mine. Much more road friendly, if a bit stiff for off road. I also made 35mm preload spacers to help set rider sag. Something to consider. Stock ones are 15.2mm

BlackBike 08-08-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 263222)
I never recommend removing that bottom screw to drain the forks. If it holds the dampenong rod in.place, it can be a pain to get it back in and tightened. To each their own though lol.

When you say 200mg, i am assuming you meant ml. The standard oil level is 210ml. I run 230, or 105mm compressed air gap in mine. Much more road friendly, if a bit stiff for off road. I also made 35mm preload spacers to help set rider sag. Something to consider. Stock ones are 15.2mm

The 200mg was the ibuprofen after all this work.

Garyw...:tup: