ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   CSC TT250 chain slider (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18606)

pitdirtbike 03-28-2017 02:16 AM

CSC TT250 chain slider

Hi all,

Here is a picture of my chain slider on my TT250:
https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...A8wmGhX5jMi9hV

I'm surprise it's not aligned with the chain. On my other bikes, the chain is positioned right on the ridge of the slider, which is aligned with front sprocket. On my TT, the chain is sliding crosswise.

Is it the same on your TTs? It doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks

hertz9753 03-28-2017 03:38 AM

https://youtu.be/jnosM4HOmgo

That reminds me of that video. That is a Hawk and I won't you tell what to do but it looks the same. You should ask the source.

kohburn 03-28-2017 06:38 AM

hawk and tt250 are basically the same so a fix on the hawk should work on the tt250 also

JerryHawk250 03-28-2017 07:54 AM

That's how mine was on my Hawk. I pop riveted it in place once I had it lined up.

pitdirtbike 03-28-2017 11:07 AM

Thanks all for your answers.

Wow, that's disappointing that CSC didn't fix this or got Zongshen to fix.

1cylinderwonder 03-28-2017 05:51 PM

Charged for Assembly?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitdirtbike (Post 249097)
Thanks all for your answers.
Wow, that's disappointing that CSC didn't fix this or got Zongshen to fix.

You're correct to be disappointed, especially when CSC charges $195.00 for assembly. I guess they don't check too much when assembling, especially when they won't be riding the bike!
I've read so many instances of incorrect or misassembled TT250, that it has changed my mind "many times" about making a purchase. I'm hoping things begin to become more professional in the assembly of all their bikes.
Assemble and inspect the bike like "You'll be the rider!" It can't take that much time to insure each bike is assembled correctly!:clap:
Good luck with your correct chain line correction.:tup:

2LZ 03-29-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder (Post 249146)
You're correct to be disappointed, especially when CSC charges $195.00 for assembly. I guess they don't check too much when assembling, especially when they won't be riding the bike!
I've read so many instances of incorrect or misassembled TT250, that it has changed my mind "many times" about making a purchase. I'm hoping things begin to become more professional in the assembly of all their bikes.
Assemble and inspect the bike like "You'll be the rider!" It can't take that much time to insure each bike is assembled correctly!:clap:
Good luck with your correct chain line correction.:tup:

I have three CSC bikes and no, nothing is perfect but it's not near how you make it sound. Every Hawk, TT250 etc... comes with the slider a little sideways. That's not assembly, that's design, nor is it anything that will leave you on the side of the road or cause a major mechanical failure.
Every CG motor regardless of manufacturer comes with the valves set tight, they all come lean, they all come with some things maladjusted, they all have junk chains, tubes and rubber in general. 70% also stand a chance of some form of shipping damage. It's just part of owning a China Bike......or they'd cost 5000.00 like the Japanese equivalent, instead of a 1200-2195, depending on who you buy from.

Biker_Andy 03-29-2017 10:54 PM

CSC test rode my bike and everything was assembled fine other then the debatable shark fin and I didn't pay anything for assembly. I thought they test rode all bikes but I could be mistaken. Biggest issue I had un-boxing was what appeared to be glue reside like after peeling off a sticker all over the bike but it cleaned up fine. Few makes threads that say everything was fine nothing to report, threads are made when issues arise. Don't think that means all TT's have issues because I know of many that didn't mine included.

pitdirtbike 03-29-2017 11:15 PM

This thread has kind of shifted into a discussion about how well CSC does assembly. However that is not what this issue is about. It's the design. And most people knowing what a chain sliding/guide is made for would find it embarrassing to see how they designed it on this bike.

I'm just surprised that CSC didn't get Zongshen to fix it... they are probably proud of their bike and I'm surprised it didn't bother them.

I do find this embarrassing. I have two other Chinese bikes (SSR SR250 and a Pitster Pro 250) and both have their sliders aligned, like they are supposed to be.

Just respectfully expressing my opinion here.

chuck 03-30-2017 10:30 AM

I think most parts on the Hawk and the TT250 are from the same manufacturer,like the swingarm,tank,plastics,rims and even the frame.

2LZ 03-30-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 249485)
I think most parts on the Hawk and the TT250 are from the same manufacturer,like the swingarm,tank,plastics,rims and even the frame.

My China Bike dealer here in Sac travels to China once a year for a month or more and he explained it to me that there are different manufacturers in the different provinces of China who compete against each other....but they all build basically the same parts. Just some are built "better" than others. How accurate this is is your guess, but I figured since he goes there annually he'd know better than me.

kohburn 03-30-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 249510)
My China Bike dealer here in Sac travels to China once a year for a month or more and he explained it to me that there are different manufacturers in the different provinces of China who compete against each other....but they all build basically the same parts. Just some are built "better" than others. How accurate this is is your guess, but I figured since he goes there annually he'd know better than me.

I would agree 100%. it happens with all the clothing and other goods, why not for motorcycle parts.

Biker_Andy 03-30-2017 04:45 PM

Honestly there are several minor design flaws with the TT and other CB's. Things you would never see on a Japanese bike. I think part of the issue is the parts manufacturer might not understand the purpose of the part they cloned so it gets implemented wrong. Like the shark fin, chain slider and odometer. I think CSC has less to do with the design of the product then people think. I suspect Zongshen shows CSC a bike then CSC is given options like which switchgear, stator, color, wheels, engine but the basic design is already determined.

kohburn 04-03-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker_Andy (Post 249538)
I suspect Zongshen shows CSC a bike then CSC is given options like which switchgear, stator, color, wheels, engine but the basic design is already determined.

I think that's pretty accurate from what csc has described.