ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Vibrations in front and rear brakes (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18489)

LunaTech 03-15-2017 05:35 PM

Vibrations in front and rear brakes

Anyone else have this problem? I've used the red brake quiet on the back of the pads so I know it's not them. It's actually the calipers vibrating in the brackets where they "float". Any ideas on how to fix this?

Ariel Red Hunter 03-15-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaTech (Post 247084)
Anyone else have this problem? I've used the red brake quiet on the back of the pads so I know it's not them. It's actually the calipers vibrating in the brackets where they "float". Any ideas on how to fix this?

Try brake cleaner on the discs. Could be some anti-rust dope still on the discs causing this....ARH

ben2go 03-15-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaTech (Post 247084)

The pins that the caliper ride on need a little grease to allow the caliper to slide smoothly. Any anti vibe coating on the pads can contribute to brake chatter on a motorcycle. I'm not sure why, but it happened to me in my formative years.

mtiberio 03-15-2017 09:35 PM

My tt250 front pulsated. They sent me pads, it partially cured it.

Bruce's 03-15-2017 10:11 PM

Could the rotors be warped ?

LunaTech 03-15-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce's (Post 247154)
Could the rotors be warped ?

No I checked that. I'm gonna try cleaning disk's and putting some grease on the caliper pins and see if that takes care of it.

old kid 03-16-2017 05:04 AM

just a thought but we used to file the leading edge of brake pads down to prevent vibration and chattering. its called chamfering the pads.

under normal to moderate pressure the leading edge of the pad will try to bite into the rotor and cause alot of noise and vibration.

LunaTech 03-16-2017 07:19 AM

Awesome ideas and tips everyone. This is why I like this forum so much, everyone is willing to help out.

2LZ 03-16-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtiberio (Post 247145)
My tt250 front pulsated. They sent me pads, it partially cured it.

Have you given the rotor a good scrub with some strong cleaner? Mine came with packing goo all over them. Cured it.

ben2go 03-16-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old kid (Post 247183)
just a thought but we used to file the leading edge of brake pads down to prevent vibration and chattering. its called chamfering the pads.

under normal to moderate pressure the leading edge of the pad will try to bite into the rotor and cause alot of noise and vibration.

I used to do that too. Japanese manufacturers started doing it at the factories so there was no need to do it before install. However, with China bikes, they may not do it, and it could be a contributing factor.

Bruce's 03-16-2017 02:48 PM

Luna has been around here for a while ,I don't know for certain ,but I do not think this is a new bike ,so all the packing goo should be long gone .

Azhule 03-16-2017 02:50 PM

AGS Sil-Glyde Brake Lube on the pins/slides/brackets might help ?