ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   The Down under chronicles (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18252)

Citroenjunkie 02-15-2017 12:42 AM

The Down under chronicles

Very excited handed over the cash today for my RX3. It's the only one in New Zealand so I expect a bit of ribbing from the jap riders:lmao:

Now I have to wait the three weeks until I can catch a plane to Auckland and ride my new bike the 580km home. I think we'll have bonded by then!

https://flic.kr/p/RGnZ1F

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you over the next few years:hi:

pete 02-15-2017 02:38 AM

just out off interest.......
What about rego.... has the RX3 been vetted ie..on the puter system..
if it not in the system.. yer won't get it on the road..
Vetting costs big $ to have a new model done...

good luck with it...

Yer to late for this years Dusty Butt...
So see yer there next year...

Citroenjunkie 02-15-2017 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 243268)
just out off interest.......
What about rego.... has the RX3 been vetted ie..on the puter system..
if it not in the system.. yer won't get it on the road..
Vetting costs big $ to have a new model done...

good luck with it...

Yer to late for this years Dusty Butt...
So see yer there next year...

Hi there, Awesome name, I'm Peter too

Yes the guy who imported it did all the necessary paperwork, he was looking to import them, but hadn't foreseen the change in learner capacity rules and the subsequent death of the 250cc motorbike market in New Zealand.

2LZ 02-15-2017 10:14 AM

My neighbors are in New Zealand, as we speak. Just look for the obnoxious, drunk Americans. ;-)

fjmartin 02-15-2017 10:46 AM

Welcome to the family! Spend some free time reading posts on the bike to get ideas about what to do upon arrival, break-in period, mods and upgrades and enjoy it!

Citroenjunkie 02-15-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 243285)
My neighbors are in New Zealand, as we speak. Just look for the obnoxious, drunk Americans. ;-)

I'm rather off the beaten track in rural New Zealand, but I'll keep a lookout:hi:

They've chosen the wrong summer to visit, we've had the coldest, windiest summer I've seen in the 20 years since I arrived.

Citroenjunkie 03-06-2017 01:06 PM

Only 4 sleeps to go! I'm getting really excited. Not sure how many tools I should take with me on the plane? I don't want to upset airport security 😱

dpl096 03-06-2017 01:17 PM

Congratulations on the purchase of a fine bike. Enjoy and be sage,

RedHawk47 03-08-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citroenjunkie (Post 245567)
Only 4 sleeps to go! I'm getting really excited. Not sure how many tools I should take with me on the plane? I don't want to upset airport security ��

You should need any tools, and there is a small kit that comes with the bike.
My suggestions: 8mm and 10mm wrench, combo box and open
4, 5, and 6 mm hex drivers (Allen wrenches)
Cross recess screw driver. JIS type, not a POS Phillips.
Check all accessible fasteners before you hit the road. Including muffler mounting bolts.

Citroenjunkie 03-09-2017 11:18 PM

Finally the moment.
My bag is packed, I'm ready to go....
I'll be leaving for the airport at 5:30 am tomorrow to catch the 6:55 flight to Auckland, then on to the vendors house to meet "Zongie". :clap: Yes I know, lame name, but we haven't got to know each other yet.
I've packed spanners locking wire, tape, cable ties and black bags, I'm even equipped to dispose of bodies, so I think all will be ok, the only worry is the weather. Some part of Auckland received 60% of their total autumn rain on Thursday/ Friday and they're predicting even more tomorrow. Did I mention I've packed the rain Suit?
I'll have all of tomorrow to fiddle and fuss before an early start on Sunday and the 600 km home. I intend stopping often and have promised the kids in my class heaps of pictures. They spent a lot of time this week planning my route, making me maps and choosing the best rest stops and places to get fuel and stretch my legs. One pair even included which roads have roadworks and routes I can take to avoid traffic, amazing! Did I mention they're only 10!
I'll hopefully have some pics and a story next week.
Who knows what might happen?

fjmartin 03-10-2017 01:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very excited for you and I hope the weather goes well along with the road trip home. That's cool that the kids got into the planning and probably learned a lot about traffic, construction, maps and stuff. Zongie sounds like a great name! Mine's orange so it got this name:

BlackBike 03-10-2017 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fjmartin (Post 246139)
Very excited for you and I hope the weather goes well along with the road trip home. That's cool that the kids got into the planning and probably learned a lot about traffic, construction, maps and stuff. Zongie sounds like a great name! Mine's orange so it got this name:

So where did this illustration come from? History

Bruce's 03-10-2017 08:19 AM

So ,your classmates are 10 ,and you are buying a road legal bike and driving it 600 km home ? I had 250 cc bikes at 10 as well ,but not road legal at that age .Very cool !

david3921 03-10-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce's (Post 246166)
So ,your classmates are 10 ,and you are buying a road legal bike and driving it 600 km home ? I had 250 cc bikes at 10 as well ,but not road legal at that age .Very cool !

He didn't quite say it but I believe he's a teacher and his students are aged 10.

Bruce's 03-10-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david3921 (Post 246196)
He didn't quite say it but I believe he's a teacher and his students are aged 10.

Just not nearly as cool when you put it that way .