ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   No bike yet... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18125)

wildfire 01-26-2017 09:21 PM

No bike yet...Lifan in a fat cat soon

Scott in Louisiana. Looking into repowering a few 3 wheelers and a Fat Cat with Lifan engines. Figured this would be the place to be for good tech and troubleshooting!

culcune 01-26-2017 10:23 PM

Welome...You have come to the right place!

Bruce's 01-26-2017 11:27 PM

What 3 wheelers do you have ? I have a fat cat I am concidering repowering myself ,what size engine did you have in mind ,and what's wrong with your old engine ?

JerryHawk250 01-27-2017 06:21 AM

Welcome to the neighborhood. What part of LA you're from? You come to the right place.

Weldangrind 01-27-2017 11:27 AM

Welcome! Funny you should talk about repowering a Fat Cat; I'm hoping to find a Fat Cat engine.

wildfire 01-31-2017 01:51 PM

My fat cat is getting a Lifan 200cc - engine should show up tomorrow afternoon. Very excited. The biggest issue with the old engine is that someone took it out. The fat cat didn't come with one, so I figure this is the best way to get a reliable, torquey motor.

The 3 wheelers are parts bikes, a 185s and a 200m.

The 200m was in the process of becoming a "fatter cat", until I found the real one. Now it is going to become an adult size mini-bike. Go kart engine and a CVT, I'll let guests and the kids ride that before letting them on the Lifan Cat.

I'm in the Mandeville area.

wildfire 01-31-2017 01:54 PM

Weldangrind - thanks for posting. I've been reading your posts on the swap you did in your son's bike.

The only thing I don't understand just yet is the exhaust. The engine doesn't have one of course and my bike didn't come with one either.

Thinking there's a header and muffler off a Honda bike that I can mod to work. Any advice is appreciated!

Scott

JerryHawk250 01-31-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfire (Post 241954)

I'm in the Mandeville area.

You ever make it out to Towertrax in
Fluker? We went around Thanksgiving and had a blast.

wildfire 01-31-2017 06:42 PM

Tower trax - no, but I know where you're talking about. Pass it several times a year on the way to the Boy Scout camp out that way.

Now that I've got something to ride, I'll have to get the family loaded up and make a day out of it. (I have a polaris XP as well, so three in that and the fat cat makes four)

Weldangrind 02-11-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfire (Post 241956)
Weldangrind - thanks for posting. I've been reading your posts on the swap you did in your son's bike.

The only thing I don't understand just yet is the exhaust. The engine doesn't have one of course and my bike didn't come with one either.

Thinking there's a header and muffler off a Honda bike that I can mod to work. Any advice is appreciated!

Scott

In the absence of a Fat Cat motor, I'd love to find starter and clutch parts for a 200E; I have the rest of the motor.

I used the stock header, which is early '80's XR200.