ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Ride Reports (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Bethel Rd. North Georgia. Tale of two Vento's (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13060)

oviking99 10-09-2013 04:46 PM

Bethel Rd. North Georgia. Tale of two Vento's

3 Attachment(s)
My buddy and I, short ride on my Vento Mounttrack and a Vento R3i scooter I rebuilt for him.
Bethel road is short, it ends at Lake Lanier. It's a 4 mi. winding scenic ride with some history. Old small churches, cemeteries general store, no longer in operation. The lake vistas are incredible, especially in the fall.
Attachment 458

Attachment 459

Attachment 460

My buddy in his old APD motorcycle police helmet.

FastDoc 10-09-2013 06:44 PM

Wow! That looks like a beautiful ride! You also have the exactly right motorcycle for that particular road :-). I am jealous that you got to ride today, and as it starts to cool off here in the Pacific Northwest, I am going to be especially jealous of your warm Georgia weather. By the way, we can reverse those positions, when it's 100° and humid there next summer:-)

oviking99 10-09-2013 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 461

oviking99 10-09-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc (Post 158578)
Wow! That looks like a beautiful ride! You also have the exactly right motorcycle for that particular road :-). I am jealous that you got to ride today, and as it starts to cool off here in the Pacific Northwest, I am going to be especially jealous of your warm Georgia weather. By the way, we can reverse those positions, when it's 100° and humid there next summer:-)

Thanks Doc! X2 on the bike. There are some trails we traded turns on the Mounttrack. You are right about the humdidity :D I live about 1300 ft elevation, so it's not too bad in the evenings. I will always remember my time in the Northwest, lots of rain, though I know we traded, we got all your rain This summer! Our average rainfall is about the same as Seattle. At any rate we're gettin a California summer now, dry, breezy and warm, with brisk mornings. Perfect riding weather.:clap:

oviking99 10-09-2013 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 462

oviking99 10-09-2013 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 463

oviking99 10-09-2013 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 464

oviking99 10-09-2013 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 465

vman1313 10-09-2013 09:47 PM

Love Bethel Rd and the park down at the end of it. Two mile park? I have fished, kayaked, rode bikes, cooked out, and just plain have had tons of fun there many many times. Great pics!!:tup:

I took a ride out today up to Springer Mountain up the Forest Service Rds...will make a new thread so I dont hijack yours - hahaha!!

oviking99 10-09-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vman1313 (Post 158605)
Love Bethel Rd and the park down at the end of it. Two mile park? I have fished, kayaked, rode bikes, cooked out, and just plain have had tons of fun there many many times. Great pics!!:tup:

I took a ride out today up to Springer Mountain up the Forest Service Rds...will make a new thread so I dont hijack yours - hahaha!!

Two Mile and Swiss Air. Would love to see your thread on Springer Mountain! :clap: Next time I will bring my camera, phone quality ain't too good. :lol:

oviking99 10-09-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oviking99 (Post 158581)
Thanks Doc! X2 on the bike. There are some trails we traded turns on the Mounttrack. You are right about the humdidity :D I live about 1300 ft elevation, so it's not too bad in the evenings. I will always remember my time in the Northwest, lots of rain, though I know we traded, we got all your rain This summer! Our average rainfall is about the same as Seattle. At any rate we're gettin a California summer now, dry, breezy and warm, with brisk mornings. Perfect riding weather.:clap:

I stand corrected; Seattle rainfall avg. 36 +/-
Cumming rainfall avg. 56 +/-

FastDoc 10-09-2013 10:52 PM

Rainfall totals in Seattle are very different than what people would expect. Indeed, the rain fall in Seattle is similar to San Francisco. The difference is, and it is not a good difference, that Seattle gets a little rain much of the time, rather than heavy rain for only part of the year. With that said, when the weather is nice there, Seattle is one of the prettiest cities in the country. The view of the Puget Sound, the whitecapped mountains on the Olympic Peninsula, and the tremendous majesty of Mount Rainier, and the beautiful green surrounding forests, or something to be seen and appreciated. Still a lot of weirdos on the street corners though LOL

FastDoc 10-09-2013 10:54 PM

Where I live in the desert, we are in the rain shadow of the Olympic Mountains. Our average rainfall here is 7.5 inches, and most of that occurs only in the winter, and part of the spring. Even so, the winter is pretty cold, and gray. Still, I ride! It's an addiction, what can I say?

SpudRider 10-10-2013 01:10 AM

Thanks for posting the beautiful photographs from Georgia. You Zong looks great! :tup:

Weldangrind 10-10-2013 01:12 AM

Sweet little scooter. You did a nice job on it.