ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Vader 125. 1st Weekend (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18740)

Jrack 04-10-2017 03:23 PM

Vader 125. 1st Weekend

Got my Vader last Friday and assembled it Saturday morning. After my initial ride.. About 10-15 miles I parked my new bike in my yard, down shifted and broke the shifter clean off. My LCD display doesn't work either, the gas is correct but it doesn't show distance traveled or how fast I'm going. It's stuck at zero. Not at all a big deal as I have a phone mount and speedometer app. Shipping was as expected. The plastic under the bike was broken and the right front blinker was broken as well. Took the plastic off and super glued the blinker. Like the title of this post, I've only had the bike for 1 weekend. Yes, it's small and a ton of fun! Other than the broken parts, I have nothing bad to say about my experience so far! The fun I've had on this outweigh the negative by a long shot!

culcune 04-11-2017 07:46 AM

That's the spirit! A few years back, you would be describing almost any Chinese motorsports brand, but lately, it seems to be confined to Vaders. Like the old bikes, most of the problems were nuisance issues, not major things keeping you stranded.

Jrack 04-11-2017 01:44 PM

I'm just gonna roll with it, I knew coming in there would be problems with the bike. Minor issues. As they pop up, I'll take care of them and have a real nice bike put together when it's all said and done.

MOTOXtreme 04-11-2017 02:06 PM

I'd see if you could get the speedo replaced anyway. That would bug me.

Jrack 04-11-2017 03:25 PM

I did send a part request ticket to the dealer for the speedometer. Got the bike through safer whole sale..so I'm not gonna hold my breath. Besides, the app is pretty accurate.

culcune 04-11-2017 09:34 PM

You might want to double check how the cable is attached for all its worth.

Jrack 04-11-2017 09:36 PM

I'll check the cable. It probably is something that simple. Thanks for the tip!

jsumd 04-12-2017 12:52 AM

Glad to see you are enjoying your vader! I've been enjoying mine strictly off road while I'm waiting on my paper work and have nothing to complain about as far as the bike goes.

Jrack 04-12-2017 10:17 PM

Yeah I've been riding off road as well. Gonna be a while before I get my mso. I did get the Vagabond fender eliminator kit to work.($60 on Amazon) I had to drill out the holes on the bike to make it work. I used a 3/8 drill bit and it took a while, but it works! Also, I'll have to cut out the plastic on the bike so the seat will lock. All in all it's coming together nicely.

Jrack 04-13-2017 08:18 PM

I'll be getting a new LCD display. Got an email from safer whole sale today, it looks like I'll get it next Wednesday!

jsumd 04-13-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrack (Post 251425)
Yeah I've been riding off road as well. Gonna be a while before I get my mso. I did get the Vagabond fender eliminator kit to work.($60 on Amazon) I had to drill out the holes on the bike to make it work. I used a 3/8 drill bit and it took a while, but it works! Also, I'll have to cut out the plastic on the bike so the seat will lock. All in all it's coming together nicely.

Oh sweet! I had asked on here if anyone knew of any so i'll be buying that!

Jrack 04-13-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsumd (Post 251593)
Oh sweet! I had asked on here if anyone knew of any so i'll be buying that!

I wasn't sure if it would work, only having to drill out 2 holes..I was lucky! Also, there are 2 plastic tabs under the seat that should be cut out because they push up on the spring that holds the seat down. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get to it.

jsumd 04-13-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrack (Post 251603)
I wasn't sure if it would work, only having to drill out 2 holes..I was lucky! Also, there are 2 plastic tabs under the seat that should be cut out because they push up on the spring that holds the seat down. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get to it.

yeah i was having trouble with my seat latch. I'll check that out this weekend! thanks for the tip!

Jrack 04-20-2017 07:33 PM

Speedo fixed

Finally got the speedometer fixed on the Vader today. New cable.. Either way, I'm glad it's working. Ordered a 428 16t sprocket. I am a noob, so I ordered a new chain just to be safe. Should see a nice improvement with performance, can't wait!

jsumd 04-21-2017 05:28 PM

Have you checked your valves or anything else? Mine is still stuttering at speed. So im going to have to break into it this weekend.