ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Royal Enfield Himalayan (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24916)

Irishjew 11-08-2019 07:41 PM

Royal Enfield Himalayan

1 Attachment(s)
Well I went and did a thing. I bought a brand new 2019 Himalayan. I sold my CSC TT250 and Honda NT 700v to help fund the purchase. I was on the fence between the CSC RX4 and the Himalayan but just could not pull the trigger on the RX4 yet. Yes, the Himalayan is slower and less powerful but is tested here with great results. I have a dealership in town to get parts/service at and parts are readily available from India dirt cheap. Still breaking her in but I absolutely love this bike. It just chugs along happy as can be. I wont be winning any speed records but it does 75 no problem but its happiest at 65-70.

Irishjew 11-08-2019 07:58 PM

I will still be lurking because I am sure I will end up with another Chinese bike/atv.

JerryHawk250 11-08-2019 09:37 PM

Nice looking bike.:tup:

Essayons 11-09-2019 09:59 AM

Good looking bike. They seem to have improved their quality. Prior to the North American release there was plenty of horror stories regarding break downs. I remember one guy said he changed the stator three times in two years. Anyways, congratulations. There is a youtube channel called "Itchy Boots". It's a Dutch woman named Noraly. She bought a Himalayan in India and put about 28,000 kilometers as she rode it through several countries.

LifeRider 11-09-2019 10:34 AM

Congrat's - I have the 2019 Continental GT 650 and love it! I may purchase a Himalayan next year.

wheelbender6 11-10-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishjew (Post 323339)
I will still be lurking because I am sure I will end up with another Chinese bike/atv.

Same here. My current ride is from Taiwan, but I like to keep up with the Chinese bike scene.

cheesy 11-10-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 323431)
Same here. My current ride is from Taiwan, but I like to keep up with the Chinese bike scene.

Ditto. Mine are from Japan, Russia, and France but I still hang here. Though my most expensive bicycles are from China and Taiwan.

Megadan 11-11-2019 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishjew (Post 323338)
I was on the fence between the CSC RX4 and the Himalayan but just could not pull the trigger on the RX4 yet. Yes, the Himalayan is slower and less powerful but is tested here with great results. I have a dealership in town to get parts/service at and parts are readily available from India dirt cheap. Still breaking her in but I absolutely love this bike. It just chugs along happy as can be. I wont be winning any speed records but it does 75 no problem but its happiest at 65-70.

I would have made the same choice. Not only can you get a Himalayan cheaper (about $600 less), but they have a much better aftermarket support, and you can actually find a service center/dealership to work on it if necessary.

The RX4 may be more powerful, but the Himalayan has adequate enough power to get the job done on almost any road or highway you would need to travel down.

Irishjew 11-11-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 323467)
I would have made the same choice. Not only can you get a Himalayan cheaper (about $600 less), but they have a much better aftermarket support, and you can actually find a service center/dealership to work on it if necessary.

The RX4 may be more powerful, but the Himalayan has adequate enough power to get the job done on almost any road or highway you would need to travel down.

Thanks Dan! That means something coming from you. About 1000 cheaper in my case as the 2019’s were 300 off the weekend I purchased. Dead simple to service as well. Anyone visiting the Vegas area is free to take her for a spin to try it on.

Duckman 11-22-2019 11:57 PM

I was thinking about buying a Himalayan myself. It’s so difficult, I also have been looking hard at a Suzuki DZR S. Thank goodness I can’t purchase anything until after Christmas. I really want a Himalayan though.

ikeus685 11-23-2019 08:01 PM

Himalayan

1 Attachment(s)
So envious>:( Tried and tried to do a trade in with my 750 Shadow Aero with the 2 Harley dealers in this state that also sell Royal Enfields. I am just too top heavy sp going with the Shadow and a Vader 125cc.
If your looking for the Givi engine guard I have one..sniff unopen and listed on ebay

dh 11-25-2019 09:50 AM

I’m also looking at the Himalayan. I know they are different on paper in many ways, but how would you compare it to your TT250? I’m keeping an eye on a couple of dealers with new 2018’s which are very well discounted.

1cylinderwonder 11-25-2019 10:54 AM

dh,
How do you think the Himalayan compares to your SSR XF250?
Speed, Comfort, Reliability, Fuel mileage, Maintenance?
PCG

Irishjew 11-26-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dh (Post 324333)
I’m also looking at the Himalayan. I know they are different on paper in many ways, but how would you compare it to your TT250? I’m keeping an eye on a couple of dealers with new 2018’s which are very well discounted.

Its highway manners are much more capable(75mph GPS verified). I have only had it on fire roads but its center of gravity is lower than the tt250 so to me it feels much more planted in that aspect. I believe the tt250 will be better suited for for more technical offload situations. Im 6'2" with a 31" inseam and the riding position is more upright and comfortable than the tt250, my back has thanked me. The seat is about equivalent to the tt250 which is not great but I can easily flat foot this bike at a stop.

Sport Rider 11-27-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeRider (Post 323367)
Congrat's - I have the 2019 Continental GT 650 and love it! I may purchase a Himalayan next year.

would love to hear more on that one. :tup: