ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   TBR7 Secret Sauce??? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24160)

kingofqueenz 07-19-2019 12:03 PM

TBR7 Secret Sauce???

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the yadda yadda run down

TBR7 is 4 months old

Approx. 100 miles on her

Oil change 1 month ago to Valvoline motorcycle oil 20w 50

I am getting this "secret sauce" ooze when I leave the bike in the garage (after riding ) - I don't ride every day, just weekends and usually wipe the ooze away before riding and when I return 5 days later, it is there again, same spot.

It has the feel and consistency of oil, strangely based on the location it has absolutely ZERO gasoline smell.

I know enough about engine oil to feel that it isnt engine oil, it almost seems too clear to be ( certainly not the oil I put in ).

Any thoughts?

Ariel Red Hunter 07-19-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofqueenz (Post 314394)
Here is the yadda yadda run down

TBR7 is 4 months old

Approx. 100 miles on her

Oil change 1 month ago to Valvoline motorcycle oil 20w 50

I am getting this "secret sauce" ooze when I leave the bike in the garage (after riding ) - I don't ride every day, just weekends and usually wipe the ooze away before riding and when I return 5 days later, it is there again, same spot.

It has the feel and consistency of oil, strangely based on the location it has absolutely ZERO gasoline smell.

I know enough about engine oil to feel that it isnt engine oil, it almost seems too clear to be ( certainly not the oil I put in ).

Any thoughts?

1) Fork oil. 2) front brake fluid.
ARH :tup:

kingofqueenz 07-19-2019 03:22 PM

Could be very good leads ARH...

Have to figure how the hell is it getting into that vent slot.

Going to check it out

kingofqueenz 07-19-2019 05:09 PM

Jeff... you are brilliant!

That has to be it..nothing else is above it to drip there and it isnt overflow from the tank.

Yikes... lazy me rides it so infrequently I neglected to take the plastic off.

The best!!!!!!!

billatloaus 07-19-2019 05:29 PM

I fully agree with the gas dissolving the blue film. I took the time to remove the blue film on my gas cap before my initial ride, and I am sure glad I did.

kingofqueenz 07-21-2019 05:25 PM

Removed per Jeff's suggestion... secret sauce NO MORE

Problem Solved

Score ChinaRiders 1 World 0

kingofqueenz 07-22-2019 07:59 AM

Jeff ...good question.

So for the first month I had the bike, I did all of my fueling through a gas can and never came close to full.

My first real 'fill up' at the pump to full, I definitely had some minor drippage from that vent slot.

It happened after the fill up, I had a brief ride home, then loaded the bike in my shed which has a 3 inch step up and the fuel sloshed around the tank when I went up the step up and of course, leaning to the left on the kick stand while storing doesnt help.

That was clearly gas and it dripped down a bit, so I wiped it away and after riding for a bit the following day, it was a non issue.

Lesson learned is that I shouldnt do a complete fill up.

Curious why did you ask ? Did you have the same problem?

kingofqueenz 07-22-2019 04:00 PM

I did find a post on it after I read your reply.

Short answer is that yes it happened to me... not the end of the world and I don't take long journeys..just small joy rides, so not topping off suits me just fine.

billatloaus 07-23-2019 08:10 PM

And it happened to me upon my first fillup. When I pushed the cap down, there was now give on the gas level, and it exited to the left side at the slight indention in the tank. From then on I left some space at the top of the tank when I filled it up, and this stopped. I am wondering if I can find another rubber sealer that I can use to help prevent this.

david3921 07-23-2019 08:24 PM

Bikes should be fueled on the side stand. This should eliminate any leaks. I sometimes will fuel up sitting on the bike. That's only before I go on a ride, though where I want as much as I can in the tank.