ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Hawk Makes Concourier Issue (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20307)

Sport Rider 11-26-2017 07:24 PM

Hawk Makes Concourier Issue

2 Attachment(s)
several of you know that I'm also a member of the Concours Owners Group owning a 2005 C10 and a 1994 C10 Sidecar unit.

After I bought my Hawk in January of 2016, another COG member decided it might make a good bike to use on a trip to Colorado. After his trip this past summer, Jim wrote an article for our Concourier...the national magazine for members of the Concours Owners Group.

I thought you guys might appreciate the Hawk making it to a mainstream US club. :)

Angus67 11-26-2017 08:47 PM

Fist pump!! Is there a link or a blog somewhere we could read it?

Megadan 11-26-2017 09:12 PM

I too would love to br able to read it.

Ariel Red Hunter 11-26-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 269732)
I too would love to br able to read it.

Very clever of you to slide that 'br' into the conversation. Getting cold in Omaha already?.....ARH

Megadan 11-26-2017 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter (Post 269736)
Very clever of you to slide that 'br' into the conversation. Getting cold in Omaha already?.....ARH

I would love to claim that I was that clever, but instead I suffer from fat fingeritis when trying to type on my phone .

Ariel Red Hunter 11-27-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 269744)
I would love to claim that I was that clever, but instead I suffer from fat fingeritis when trying to type on my phone .

Yeah, me too. I hooked up with "Grammarly" to help proof read my stuff...ARH

culcune 11-27-2017 02:16 PM

People have been 'budget' riding Chinese bikes south of the US border for a while, now. Mostly people from Europe have been flying into various countries in South or Central America and buying a low-cost Chinese bike, riding for weeks or months and leaving. This saves the hassle of shipping one's own bike to and from the destination, or buying a high dollar bike new or used (not to mention the cost of repairs for an unknown condition used bike). Glad to see people are seeing the value of a 'cheap Chinese' bike in the US!

timcosby 11-27-2017 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter (Post 269752)
Yeah, me too. I hooked up with "Grammarly" to help proof read my stuff...ARH

a free program called tinyspell is a good one too. it runs in the background and underlines the word thats misspelled

Sport Rider 11-28-2017 11:05 AM

there's no public access to the magazine because it's published only for registered/paying members of the Concours Owners Group. It's much like other groups which produce a magazine as part of the membership. I'll see how I can work around it since it's unique to us Hawk guys. besides that...the member who wrote the article is also a member here. :)

Sochin 11-28-2017 03:38 PM

We need to make an online magazine called "Cheapo/Chinariders Monthly" :D