ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   The OTHER Mexican Peninsula (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21840)

Traveling Turtle 07-28-2018 01:10 PM

The OTHER Mexican Peninsula

Hi there, folks!
I have a question for you all.....
How many of you would consider riding in Mexico's other peninsula?
The Yucatan Peninsula offers an astounding amount of well paved roas, secondary and rural roads, plentiful of archeological sites(Chichet Itza being the most famous) terrific beaches and plenty of extreme adventures.

Mexico is also known for its drug war and several travel warnings, but let me asure.....the three states that form the Yucatan Peninsula (Campeche, Quintana Roo and Yucatan, of course) Can give you plenty of surprises by being some of the safest states .

So, Would you consider doing it in the equivalent mexican version of the RX3, Italika's VX250?

Let me hear about it!

:thanks:

ben2go 07-29-2018 11:33 AM

Only if I can take my little friend.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...tle-friend.jpg

CSCDude 07-29-2018 03:30 PM

I would be interested in participating.

mtktech 07-29-2018 08:04 PM

I drove from Long Island, NY to Cancun in January of '91 in a pickup with a camper on the back. Ive always wanted to do it again on a bike but I've heard nothing but horror stories about both the 200 mile zone south of the border and 300 miles around the crook / chiapas areas. Lawlessness.

I'd contact Sanborn's for the latest info. Also I'd plan on driving a visually unappealing yet capable and fast bike and taking only what you're willing to lose.

You're trip and experience would be a super interesting blog / vlog

sqwert 07-30-2018 05:35 PM

I was born in Texas, lived there as an adult, and still own a place in West Texas with a view of Mexico's beautiful lands. I used to visit Mexico several times a year, and with great care I wasn't to worried about having no civil rights. But starting about 8-10 years ago things started going down hill fast. I no longer visit Mexico because of what I've not just heard or seen on television, but what I have seen with my own eyes. The criminal gangs are taking over fast. There really is no authority in government.

Why are 1/4 of Mexicans in the U. S. of A., mostly illegally? You don't want to know.

Anywho, Zaca Tecas is a wonderful place to visit.

Emerikol 07-30-2018 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would go as part of a group. I think I'm getting a little long in the tooth for that kind of adventure as a solo trek anymore. 10 years ago, and I'd already be gone. Now I've got a wife and kid, and a lot going on on this side of the border. It's too much for me to risk for a couple weeks on my own in Mexico. As part of a group ride, even just a bunch of friends that came up with a plan and decided to make the trip, I would absolutely go. No worries about that type of trip at all. It's not even too far from where I'm at now:
http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1532987190

sqwert 07-30-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerikol (Post 287173)
I would go as part of a group. ...

I like that idea, but I don't get along with anyone, so I'm out. Get off my lawn.

ben2go 07-31-2018 07:05 PM

I'm a solo rider. With the various health problems I have, I may have to shut down by noon or spend a day or two in a room somewhere recovering from a meal that didn't agree with my digestive system.

Emerikol 08-01-2018 01:19 AM

I wonder if it would be worth it to compile a list of members on here that would be willing to host other members when they travel across the globe. Regardless of what brand of vehicle they happen to make the travel plans in or on, just somewhere/someone that would be willing to be an overnight stopping spot with a shower, maybe a few hand tools, a beer, and an evening spent telling lies and such. Just a thought. I know the missus and I would be willing to host anyone making a trek out in or around the Phoenix area.

Juanro 08-01-2018 07:47 AM

If you happen to be in Argentina (and THAT is a long strech for you all!) just let me know and I can provide a place to stay; or at least a guided Tour by backroads in the Pampas.

2LZ 08-01-2018 10:45 AM

Well, I'm one not to venture often. Not because I'm afraid of any lawlessness or any other issues, I'm just a home body by nature. BUT.....I will most definitely be keeping up with a vlog if one is created! It's how I get my travel around working my small piece of Heaven.

I would love to see Joe write another book of the trip as well.

Put it together boys! Those of us who live vicariously through others adventures have a big bag of popcorn on hold!

sqwert 08-05-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 287254)
I'm a solo rider. With the various health problems I have, I may have to shut down by noon or spend a day or two in a room somewhere recovering from a meal that didn't agree with my digestive system.

Same here, but I don't shut down. Probably should, though, as I can see and feel the damage carrying on is doing as I age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerikol (Post 287274)
I wonder if it would be worth it to compile a list of members on here that would be willing to host other members when they travel across the globe. Regardless of what brand of vehicle they happen to make the travel plans in or on, just somewhere/someone that would be willing to be an overnight stopping spot with a shower, maybe a few hand tools, a beer, and an evening spent telling lies and such. Just a thought. I know the missus and I would be willing to host anyone making a trek out in or around the Phoenix area.

Have room to park a Class 8 with a 53-foot trailer? An electric hook up would be nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanro (Post 287283)
If you happen to be in Argentina (and THAT is a long strech for you all!) just let me know and I can provide a place to stay; or at least a guided Tour by backroads in the Pampas.

Las Pampas! ¿Beja, no? A great alternative to Mexico if you stay out of the cities. Mucho cielo!

Gh426 08-05-2018 05:09 PM

I've been watchin Mondo Enduro and this trip/adventure is very cool! Vlog it up.

gh

BlackBike 08-05-2018 06:48 PM

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthre...=117666&page=2

Like csc dude would probably say, there's go and no go places in Mexico. This Texas group goes twice a year out of Mission Texas to Galeana Mexico in the mountains and seem to not have a care in the world. My Mexico experience has been ok but that was 30 years ago. What ever expeditions I have left in the tank, I will save for my native country (ozarks, Appalachians, etc)

sqwert 08-05-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 287574)
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthre...=117666&page=2

Like csc dude would probably say, there's go and no go places in Mexico. This Texas group goes twice a year out of Mission Texas to Galeana Mexico in the mountains and seem to not have a care in the world. My Mexico experience has been ok but that was 30 years ago. What ever expeditions I have left in the tank, I will save for my native country (ozarks, Appalachians, etc)

That's Scott's Two Wheeled Texans. Great group. Very diverse. Scooters to Boss Hosses with big block Chevy engines. 80cc road racers to the world's fastest woman on a motorcycle to anything you can dream of. Alaska is also a common destination for TWTers. People from other countries hook up with TWTers all the time, in Texas as well as all over the world. After all, Texas is a whole 'nother country all by itself. All races, languages, and cultures welcome. If it has anything to do with 2 or 3 wheels, TWT has a part in it, the closer to moral and ethical the bigger the part.

By the way, BlackBike, TWTers often ride the Ozarks and Appalachians. Much of the Ozarks is a weekend trip from north Texas. Several TWTers have retired to the Ozarks. Go to www.twtex.com and introduce yourself. You'll soon have plenty of riding buddies who would make good use of a local's knowledge. Good people to know when you need a little knowledge yourself. Most I know are engineers, aircraft techs, electronics techs, doctors, dentists, professors, retired fighter pilots, etc. Not your typical bunch of bikers.