ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Hawk 250 carb flooding troubleshooting (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=26881)

Mikeward617 07-10-2020 08:15 PM

Hawk 250 carb flooding troubleshooting

I made a post before a out trouble starting and trying to tune the carb right. Right now the mods ive done( straight out of rhe box: airbox mod, mikuni carb and jet upgrade(110 main, 40pilot), ebay exhaust.

I adjusted the valves correctly. I can get the bike to start now, the problem is that the carbs flood. Out of everywhere like gas just leaks out of every orifice of the carb it seems. People would say stuck float valve, its a brand new carb but I changed the float needle anyways. Not sure what else to do.

Mikeward617 07-10-2020 09:31 PM

Update: fixed it. I’m a dummy and in my rush I hooked the carb drain tube up to the petcock. Switched the tubes around and all is well.

Wild Dog 07-10-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeward617 (Post 342385)
Update: fixed it. I’m a dummy and in my rush I hooked the carb drain tube up to the petcock. Switched the tubes around and all is well.

Shit happens

Kenstogie 07-14-2020 12:00 PM

When I was re jetting my VM26 clone I may have put the Clip in the throttle piston under the needle e-cip..... hey not like I rejet carbs often... or like ever... I know a $@#$ ton now though

TheChairman 07-15-2020 01:33 AM

It happens.

When I took my carb off of my TT250 the first time, I accidentally hooked the fuel line up to the evap port on the carb. It actually ran and rode as a sort of primitive fuel injection.

Kenstogie 07-15-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChairman (Post 342702)
It happens.

When I took my carb off of my TT250 the first time, I accidentally hooked the fuel line up to the evap port on the carb. It actually ran and rode as a sort of primitive fuel injection.

this definitely get style points for ingenuity and inventiveness.....:tup:

dogbreath 02-02-2021 09:59 PM

MYK VM26 carburetor Hawk 2015

I had some float needle problems with the original Hawk carburetor after years of trouble free use (air box mod, original exhaust). I decided to get the Mikuni China knock-off MYK VM26 (amazon ). It came with 103 main and 33 pilot jets. I changed the main to 110, and moved the throttle needle clip from 3 to 4 down from top (Mikuni jets worked) but I've had no luck finding the long pilot jet (32mm long, emailed pic to jetsRus - can't help you). The bike seems to run fine now (it's winter here in Oregon/ at sea level). I have the air/fuel mix needle set at 1-1/4 out (needle is in front of bowl away from air box). I may need a 25 or 27.5 come summer or for a trip to elevation. Anyone else have experience either tuning these or finding pilot jets?

NinjaSICKthirtysix 02-03-2021 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeward617 (Post 342382)
I made a post before a out trouble starting and trying to tune the carb right. Right now the mods ive done( straight out of rhe box: airbox mod, mikuni carb and jet upgrade(110 main, 40pilot), ebay exhaust.

I adjusted the valves correctly. I can get the bike to start now, the problem is that the carbs flood. Out of everywhere like gas just leaks out of every orifice of the carb it seems. People would say stuck float valve, its a brand new carb but I changed the float needle anyways. Not sure what else to do.

By "air box" mod do you just mean cutting the top of the stock airbox in half?