ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   funny thing happened to me, and why i havent answered (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=7279)

phil 06-03-2010 09:33 PM

funny thing happened to me, and why i havent answered

i havent answered or done a lot here in a while and i think its time you all knew why, not making excuses, just asking for a little patience. and i think of you as family so. 3 weeks ago a lump came up on my neck, very small but i had a little pain in the back of my neck. long story short when i went to the ear nose and throat dr he looked and sent me straight to uk that was yesterday 6/02, and thats where i am now at the uk markey cancer center. im still waiting for all the tests i had yesterday, scope, blood,ct , mri and biospy. when i find out, if your interested, i wiil try to post. for some reason i cant get my email yet so i have to get that going asap. seems things arent looking that good of the options and kinds it seems i dont have the kind that they remove the thyroid and its gone but nothing definite yet, they have the swelling under control and i should know more tomorrow

TurboT 06-03-2010 09:38 PM

Man phil my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

I'm sure all of us here at Chinariders will do whatever we can to support you through this, whatever that may be.

Keep your head up, we're pulling for you!

Jim 06-03-2010 09:47 PM

Good luck Phil, hope you get some good news

katoranger 06-03-2010 10:25 PM

Phil, I will keep you in my prayers.

Allen

SpudRider 06-03-2010 10:54 PM

I have added you to my prayer list, Phil. Please keep us updated. You are a good friend, and we wish you a good diagnosis, and a speedy recovery. :)

Spud :)

MICRider 06-03-2010 11:28 PM

My best wishes to you Phil, hope it all turns out ok.

Best regards,
Stew

2LZ 06-04-2010 12:19 AM

Prayers and good thoughts your way Phil. Keep us posted.

Cal25 06-04-2010 08:34 AM

Hang in there and try to keep a positive attitude. Hope you get some good new soon.

Weldangrind 06-04-2010 10:34 AM

Phil, thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated when you can.

My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

FastDoc 06-04-2010 11:22 AM

Prayers sent Phil. You made a wise decision.

davidsonsgccc 06-04-2010 12:49 PM

praying for you heal quickly.

melissann 06-04-2010 01:22 PM

please let us know how it goes, prayers sent for a quick answer

phil 06-04-2010 10:18 PM

well i have a answer although not what i wanted at all im home now and my email still is down but here's the story, i have a rare type of thyroid cancer for a person my age, i have to go for more tests but so far it looks like they gave me 3-6 months. so heres the invitation if you want come by and meet me all i can make available is yours maybe you can put together a china riders meeting your welcome but plans will have to be made quickly my voice is fading fast and i would like to meet a few of you and i still have a few bikes but thats not the point at all, i know some or most of us may not have the extra income but it looks like the shop parking lot will be empty for a camper or whatever and your welcome to ride, drive or fly (we have a airport) . i consider you my friend and its a privilege to know you.

BillR 06-04-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil
i would like to meet a few of you
i consider you my friend and its a privilege to know you.

Hey Phil,
That's some news. You're in my prayers.
It's been a privilege for me to "meet" you here on ChinaRiders
Not too far from Nashville, I will try to make a run up there soon.
Hang in there.
Bill

SpudRider 06-04-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil
well i have a answer although not what i wanted at all im home now and my email still is down but here's the story, i have a rare type of thyroid cancer for a person my age, i have to go for more tests but so far it looks like they gave me 3-6 months. so heres the invitation if you want come by and meet me all i can make available is yours maybe you can put together a china riders meeting your welcome but plans will have to be made quickly my voice is fading fast and i would like to meet a few of you and i still have a few bikes but thats not the point at all, i know some or most of us may not have the extra income but it looks like the shop parking lot will be empty for a camper or whatever and your welcome to ride, drive or fly (we have a airport) . i consider you my friend and its a privilege to know you.

Phil, thank you for letting us know your diagnosis. I also consider you my friend. I have family in Pennsylvania, and if I get anywhere near Virginia, I will certainly try to come visit you. Hang in there; we will continue to pray for you. All things are possible for God.

Spud :)