ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   True 250cc upgrade? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=23820)

FlatlandsTbr7 05-28-2019 01:56 PM

True 250cc upgrade?

Does anyone know of a true 250cc cylinder head and jug that can be found?

Wild Dog 05-28-2019 04:51 PM

229 is the max that the CG can go. Remember that the CG was born as a 125cc.
What people do to get more juice out of the 229cc, they put a crf230 piston, they workout the carter to make it a bit bigger, custom cams, custom connecting rods, port and decked head, better mufflers, better carb.
When fully customized they can reach quite decent speed (for this type of engine), also they can reach about 62 mph in about 8, 9 seconds, which may not be too fast if you are used to bigger CC motorcycle, but again it's just a 229cc

FlatlandsTbr7 05-28-2019 09:03 PM

Thank you for the input wild dog, I might check out the 230 piston, my head is decked and exhaust has been evenly ported. I can run 65-70 on a good warm day comuting to and from work! Thought I'd just reach out there and see what I got back.

Weldangrind 05-29-2019 11:17 AM

There are bigger versions, but they're liquid cooled. They're commonly used in utility trikes in Asia and Mexico, with a tilting box over the rear axle. Jury is still out on the actual displacement, but it's likely between 250 and 270.

2LZ 05-29-2019 11:21 AM

Do we have a source for these custom cams?

ben2go 05-29-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlatlandsTbr7 (Post 310393)
Does anyone know of a true 250cc cylinder head and jug that can be found?

All I gots is dis here water jug. I think you meant cylinder with piston.

https://www.foodstorage.com/media/ca...gallon-jug.jpg

Wild Dog 05-29-2019 01:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 310479)
There are bigger versions, but they're liquid cooled. They're commonly used in utility trikes in Asia and Mexico, with a tilting box over the rear axle. Jury is still out on the actual displacement, but it's likely between 250 and 270.

Those are not related to the CG family, they are mostly suzuki or Kawasaki clones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 310481)
Do we have a source for these custom cams?

If you don't mind making an order in South American, then yes you do.

You have factory made either made in brazil o argentina.

Attachment 17121

for OHC variants
Attachment 17122

or custom made to the client taste.

Attachment 17124

Attachment 17125

Connecting rods in differnt size for the CGs

Attachment 17123

2LZ 05-29-2019 02:11 PM

Well isn't that cool!!!?? I'd love to cam the TT. Then it would really be worth the porting.

Wild Dog 05-29-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 310497)
Well isn't that cool!!!?? I'd love to cam the TT. Then it would really be worth the porting.

For the CG family in this area of the world there are a shiatload of parts. That's why i was able to source a pz30b plus the rebuild kit for 6 usd.
Those cams goes around 39 usd to 90 usd.

Megadan 05-29-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Dog (Post 310500)
For the CG family in this area of the world there are a shiatload of parts. That's why i was able to source a pz30b plus the rebuild kit for 6 usd.
Those cams goes around 39 usd to 90 usd.

I am actually in the process of trying to order one of those Ressalto cams for my Hawk. They have two versions with increased duration and no extra lift that supposedly will work with no fly cutting to the piston or recessing the valve seats that open up the upper part of the RPM range. I am at the point now where I know the cam profile is my limiting factor.

My difficulty is in trying to even order the stupid thing. Even with a translating program, the websites aren't setup to take international orders and sending e-mails is proving difficult. I almost wish they had a third party broker website like taobao to place an order through.

Tashka 05-29-2019 04:57 PM

http://www.webcamshafts.com

They have 2 different custom cams in their records but you gotta call them. Cleveland Cycle Werks got it through them. I dont know the cost but those Brazilian ones sound pretty goood

Tashka 05-29-2019 04:57 PM

My large limiting factor is my clutch right now.

Tashka 05-29-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

I searched the internet for a long time to find a better camshaft but all I found was brazilian sites who would only send them to brazilian adresses. So I contacted Douglas Ernani de Carvalho from WGK INDUSTRIAS. They were very helpfull. He personally send me the wgk 1010851 camshaft to Belgium. The part together with the freight cost me arround 90€. The part alone is 20€. I'm very grateful to Mr Carvalho. Not every company would take the effort. He would be glad to help the guys on this forum. So mail him if you are looking for a better camshaft.
douglasernani@hotmail.com
I found this info on a forum post about them

Ariel Red Hunter 05-29-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Dog (Post 310409)
229 is the max that the CG can go. Remember that the CG was born as a 125cc.
What people do to get more juice out of the 229cc, they put a crf230 piston, they workout the carter to make it a bit bigger, custom cams, custom connecting rods, port and decked head, better mufflers, better carb.
When fully customized they can reach quite decent speed (for this type of engine), also they can reach about 62 mph in about 8, 9 seconds, which may not be too fast if you are used to bigger CC motorcycle, but again it's just a 229cc

Yeah, but I confuse easily. I don't understand what "they workout the carter to make it a bit bigger" means...ARH :hmm:

Wild Dog 05-29-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 310503)
My difficulty is in trying to even order the stupid thing. Even with a translating program, the websites aren't setup to take international orders and sending e-mails is proving difficult. I almost wish they had a third party broker website like taobao to place an order through.

The issue is to find someone, that speaks english and works in the sales dept.
Other than that they will mostly glad to sell your parts for the engine
Try to contact the Mr Carvalho, WGK makes good products and they are quite popular.
Plus those parts are quite cheap in USD.