ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Ride Suggestions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Ride to Ensenada (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14043)

culcune 09-11-2014 12:16 AM

Ride to Ensenada

Anyone up for a ride to Ensenada to watch the start of the Baja 1000 in November?

Weldangrind 09-11-2014 01:12 AM

That would be an epic adventure! It is prohibitively far for me.

SpudRider 09-11-2014 03:27 AM

That sounds like a fun ride. :) Unfortunately, it's too far away for me, also. ;)

culcune 09-13-2014 01:33 PM

I am planning to ride from Yuma to Ensenada--there are several routes I can take, but I did want to meet up with member 'Lucien' who lives in Tijuana. He just informed me that the toll road from Tijuana to Ensenada is down, and will not be back to use until December. For me, there is a route that cuts down from the east and ends up in Ensenada, which I guess will be jam packed since no one can drive directly from Tijuana (which would be alot of the racers crossing from San Diego), so I wonder if Lucien would want to meet me along that route?

In March, or whenever the Baja 250 is held, I am also planning a shorter ride from Yuma to San Felipe.

Lucien 09-15-2014 01:56 AM

As I mentioned before, we´ll work something out culcune, anyway part of the toll road is open, but at certain pint (La Mision, i believe) you have to ride the free road for a while and then get back on the toll road,,,, as you suggested maybe we can meet somewhere in Tecate.... I hope this becomes epic!!

Lucien 12-16-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 172526)
I am planning to ride from Yuma to Ensenada--there are several routes I can take, but I did want to meet up with member 'Lucien' who lives in Tijuana. He just informed me that the toll road from Tijuana to Ensenada is down, and will not be back to use until December. For me, there is a route that cuts down from the east and ends up in Ensenada, which I guess will be jam packed since no one can drive directly from Tijuana (which would be alot of the racers crossing from San Diego), so I wonder if Lucien would want to meet me along that route?

In March, or whenever the Baja 250 is held, I am also planning a shorter ride from Yuma to San Felipe.

TJ-Ensenada toll road is reopening today!!!

culcune 12-16-2014 08:31 PM

Glad to read this! Will Chinabikes be safe on it? :)

Lucien 12-17-2014 01:12 PM

Yes, very safe, plus it has a beautiful view of the ocean all the way to Ensenada
FYI, the old free road, left a total of 15 deaths in accidents, while the toll road was closed

Maybe your accident prevented us from being there, TG..

culcune 12-17-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien (Post 176675)
Yes, very safe, plus it has a beautiful view of the ocean all the way to Ensenada
FYI, the old free road, left a total of 15 deaths in accidents, while the toll road was closed

Maybe your accident prevented us from being there, TG..

Wow! Perhaps my not being able to go did save us from something worse!? I can imagine the driving would have been worse that particular time due to the race!

I am planning to go to San Felipe-- There was a guy on advrider.com from Oceanside who did go to the 1000 and camped for low $$. He used to race in the late 1960's and into the 1970's in his own cars he built, so tries to go every year. I mentioned the 250 race, and he liked the idea. Perhaps we can all meet up in Tecate?

Lucien 12-18-2014 12:03 AM

Meet up in Tecate and then ride to TJ to take the toll road?

culcune 12-18-2014 10:21 PM

Or meet in Tijuana, ride south, and then head east to San Felipe?

Lucien 12-18-2014 10:29 PM

That works for me. There´s a Tecate-Tj toll Road, if you want, we can meet at the TJ toll booth?

Lucien 12-18-2014 10:32 PM

Maybe that also works for the Oceanside guy...

Lucien 12-19-2014 08:48 PM

From that point we can head to Rosarito via Boulevard 2000 and avoid going back to TJ

culcune 12-19-2014 09:27 PM

We might have to do a practice ride one of these weekends. Actually, I need some medications, so might take a ride into Algodones, but that is only about 15 minutes away from me even though it is in your state, Baja Norte! I am quite sure you would have no desire to come to Algodones, although I hear they have some crazy bars. Nothing compared to TJ, however ;). I definitely need new handlebars for a long ride, however, and still am waiting to hear what the lady's insurance is planning to do.