ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Hawk on the track (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22057)

Tashka 08-28-2018 03:35 AM

Hawk on the track

Hello! Any of you guys take your hawk to a mx track? i ride mine the 30 miles there and rip it out there. The hawk handles the jumps pretty good. I've never had the suspension bottom out on me, and I'll go about 10 feet high.

It is a little rough on the whoops. I've broke my fender a couple times and tank protector there xD

Riggs 08-28-2018 06:17 AM

Ha!......... How much do you weigh? Most of us who ride these Hawks bottom out the rear shock over something larger than a speed bump. I could maybe see someone weighing 110 lbs jumping a Hawk 10 ft in the air.

ChrisWNY 08-28-2018 08:00 AM

The weight of the Hawk alone is enough to bottom out the rear shock from a jump, so even if you're a horse jockey or the size of a 6 yr old you'll bottom out. Dual Sports in general are heavier and not designed to take the abuse of a MX track.

Bruces 08-28-2018 08:20 AM

I can see a bunch of new threads coming ,I bent the frame ,I broke the frame ,I broke the swing arm ,the steering head broke right off the frame so I must have a KTM clone frame,my rims are now flattened ,I got beat by a 7 year old on a yz60 ,and of course the good old “this Chinese bike is a piece of crap because everything is breaking on it “ which will be coming soon .
I would love to see some video of the “rip it out there “ stuff you are doing though .

2LZ 08-28-2018 10:07 AM

I can't remember who it was but someone here raced his Hawk and sent in pics. Pretty cool.

Tashka 08-28-2018 01:21 PM

I've broken the the passenger foot peg mount dropping it, broke lots of plastics, sheared the sprocket bolts, ECT.
But I fixed it all.
I weigh about 160. I have a tire mark on my muffler, but the rear shock is pretty stiff. I've been out there a couple times. I usually can keep up decently with the 2 strokes. I'm planning to do an enduro or a hare scramble on it this next year.

Once I got a pinch flat riding a trail (luckily installed a rim lock) in my front tire, and had to ride it back flat. it has a small dent and i had to true the wheel, but it's true.

I've been keeping an eye on the frame, its been holding up.

lefty 08-28-2018 02:35 PM

Easy Rider Vs Hard Rider

Running a Hawk on a track or a good woods single track smoothly would minimize damage. I did not say slowly cause a good rider could take a ten foot jump at speed and still land it gently. I am not that guy but know some that are able to do such things. My 2 cents worth:tup:

2015 Hawk 250
2006 883 Sportster
2005 1200 Roadster
1972 Honda CT70
Lost along the way;
1982 GS1100L
1983 Honda 185s 2ea.
1974 Puch 175mx
Right Arm

AresROC 08-28-2018 04:14 PM

I plan to take mine to desert trails, hills, and small MX tracks.

Q: Do you take the mirrors, lights etc off when you get to the track? I think a picture with the license plate on jumping in the air would be great!
http://www.canvasprintart.co.uk/pass...eatescape4.jpg

Tashka 08-28-2018 05:10 PM

I do not take mirrors or lights off. I usually just leave them on. The stock turn signals can actually take quite a beating, as can the headlight (more readily wants to pop out than to shatter). I plan to make a headlight protector of some sort after knocking it in the housing a couple times.

I only keep 1 mirror on the right side, I'm planning to switch it for a high quality mirror that will fold in such an occasion.

pistolclass 08-28-2018 07:42 PM

I've done a bunch of wheelies on my hawk and nothing broke so far. I can usually set her down somewhat gently. They are tough little bikes. It is not a KTM so I won't be skipping over the crest of whoops, which I probably can't do deep into my 40's. My Hawk is equal to my skills.

Tashka 08-30-2018 11:03 PM

I have a go pro that i will take to my next track. ill tape it to my helmet, lol.