ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   News, Support, & Feedback (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Reputation sytem? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=4212)

liverchip 09-01-2008 12:27 PM

Reputation sytem?

Perhaps we should impliment a reputation system similar to other miotorsports sites allowing members to add-to other members reps. Seems that this may solve the "bad apple" issue that has cropped up lately.

AZ200cc 09-01-2008 01:02 PM

Good idea, That way people know if they are gettnig good advice ot not.

Jim 09-01-2008 02:33 PM

Like karma? You can plus or negative karma each post and they go to an overall total for that user?

IronFist 09-01-2008 05:11 PM

Kharma credits, freeze dried kharma for sale. :lol:

I think its a great idea, I have no idea how to implement it, or how to guard against abuse. Giving yourself good kharma? Or sapping the kharma of a member you don't like, kind of abuse. But I do like the idea.

Better than recording the number of posts.

tigertamer 09-01-2008 05:21 PM

I haven't been here too long, but it seems the "roll up your sleeves" technique works pretty good. LOL

I don't object :wink:
Tigertamer

warrior91 09-01-2008 05:48 PM

Is this real Karma or the imitation stuff? :P

Jim 09-01-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronFist
Kharma credits, freeze dried kharma for sale. :lol:

I think its a great idea, I have no idea how to implement it, or how to guard against abuse. Giving yourself good kharma? Or sapping the kharma of a member you don't like, kind of abuse. But I do like the idea.

Better than recording the number of posts.

I think it is a standard mod, I'm actually not 100 % sure with phpBB, but with smf forum I think it is even an option in the stock build...

I think it could be a good idea, it was getting abused on another forum I moderated, but the members there we're not as good as our members.... I think it could work well here, then again I don't know if it really makes a difference, unless we go ahead and limit a users permissions based on their karma ranking, otherwise it is just a big popularity contest.

IronFist 09-01-2008 07:35 PM

ahhhh, the voice of experience. 8)

frostbite 09-03-2008 06:12 AM

This sounds like a good idea. I'll look into it. Jim is probably right I would bet money there is a phpbb module to do this very thing.

liverchip 09-03-2008 01:37 PM

From watching the drama unfold on TT about this very subject, perhaps we should leave this one alone. I humbly withdraw my previous suggestion.

AZ200cc 09-03-2008 02:33 PM

I'd like to think the members here are slightly better than most of the jerks and yahoos on TT. It's a huge lack of repsect on that page that causes the problems and most of them are 15 years old :lol:

katoranger 09-03-2008 04:11 PM

It seems to me that the members here have alittle higher IQ and level of respect than the average TT member.

I use a minivan forum to help keep the chysler going. It has a button that lets you "Thank" another member if they helped answer your question.

www.chryslerminivan.net to see what I am talking about.

Allen

partsdude 09-03-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger
It seems to me that the members here have alittle higher IQ and level of respect than the average TT member.

I use a minivan forum to help keep the chysler going. It has a button that lets you "Thank" another member if they helped answer your question.

www.chryslerminivan.net to see what I am talking about.

Allen

Kato that's awesome. I have to do the heater core on the wife's 99 before winter hits. I'm looking forward to checking it out! :wink:

katoranger 09-03-2008 04:33 PM

Good luck. Better plan on a couple days for that job.

Allen

liverchip 09-03-2008 07:29 PM

Ahh nothing like having to remove the dash and all ducting/controls.wiring to get to leaky/rusty core.