ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dealer & Distributor Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   CSC Motorcycles (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16743)

dpl096 05-30-2016 09:20 AM

CSC Motorcycles

1 Attachment(s)
I know we've discussed what might be in the pipeline at CSC for future models and several are hoping for a larger cc RX model but I'm thinking Steve & Company might cover one more base before the next generation RX. Possibly a Zongshen cruiser using the tried and true 250 engine to meet the needs of those customers looking for a high quality, value priced street bike. The Zongshen V-Storm, I think, was/is a very good looking bike. A dedicated street bike added to their adventure, sport and dual sport line-up kinda makes sense to me and I'm curious what the rest of you are thinking? Whatever it might be I'm satisfied it will be quality and well backed & serviced!

Skyteamst90 05-30-2016 11:10 AM

I agree the chinamotos need an enduro thats at least a 300cc or 500cc model and at some point 650 or 1200. And I also agree on the cruiser style in 500, 650, 800, 1200 sizes; that would be great. I think the china market just makes these smaller bikes, because that is their market, and for them to get in the american market of bigger bikes, they are going to have to update, upgrade, and build better bikes. With better components and quality control. They'll have to compete otherwise suffer the same fate as the YUGO.

tortoise 05-30-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpl096 (Post 219061)
curious what the rest of you are thinking

Actual scooters similar to the Lance 169cc models (which cannot be ordered online).

Adjuster 05-30-2016 06:36 PM

They are in serious need of an ATV with the typical excellent CSC treatment.

/

dpl096 05-30-2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 219107)
They are in serious need of an ATV with the typical excellent CSC treatment.

/

I damn near bought a CF Moto last year ... but ran across a mechanics special Polaris 700 twin and snagged it ... CF Motos are pretty good looking machines and you get a lot for your dollar.

2LZ 05-31-2016 03:09 PM

So far, the Chinese haven't been successful building a reliable larger displacement motor. I'm not saying they CAN'T....but to date, they haven't had much success there.

From what I remember is that for a very long time, their government wouldn't let them build anything larger than a 200. Culcune has much more (and more accurate) history on this than I. Hopefully he'll chime in.

dpl096 05-31-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 219227)
So far, the Chinese haven't been successful building a reliable larger displacement motor. I'm not saying they CAN'T....but to date, they haven't had much success there.

From what I remember is that for a very long time, their government wouldn't let them build anything larger than a 200. Culcune has much more (and more accurate) history on this than I. Hopefully he'll chime in.

I just can't help but think that with each passing day CSC/Zongshen's shadow creeps out a little further. Had Honda brought the Honda XRE 300 to the north american market maybe CSC's entry would have been more limited. I for one am very thankful Honda and the others missed their chance because I'v got a sweet CSC/Zong sitting in my garage and I'm a happy camper.

Sport Rider 06-01-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 219227)

on several of the retail sites, there are a variety of buggies for sale with 800 to 1100 cc motors. I'm guessing they are bringing in japanese components???

simonjester 06-01-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 219345)
on several of the retail sites, there are a variety of buggies for sale with 800 to 1100 cc motors. I'm guessing they are bringing in japanese components???

In my travels around the web I came across a 400CC:

http://www.onmywaymotor.com/mwm41-wh...torcycles.html

And I think I saw a couple of others on that site too or maybe Alibaba. So they're out there, but apparently not imported to the USA at this time. :hmm:

BlackBike 06-01-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonjester (Post 219347)
In my travels around the web I came across a 400CC:

http://www.onmywaymotor.com/mwm41-wh...torcycles.html

And I think I saw a couple of others on that site too or maybe Alibaba. So they're out there, but apparently not imported to the USA at this time. :hmm:

Good find