ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Hellcat finally snapped (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21267)

DudeMantia 05-17-2018 01:19 AM

Hellcat finally snapped

I guess I just pushed my bike too hard but while riding, the choke plate inside my PZ25 Carb ended up breaking in half. I found a large piece of the plate on the other side of the carb that got stuck on its way to the manifold. The worst of it all is that a small chunk got sucked into the engine somehow, and now the bike turns over but won't start up. I really should have switched the carb sooner, the plate itself had signs of it being over tightened from factory.

I'll have some pictures within the week, I'm taking it over to a shop to crack it open and see the damage soonish.

In any case a new engine doesn't exactly break the bank to hard. :shrug:
Hope it doesn't come to that though.

DudeMantia 05-17-2018 01:32 AM

Pz25

1 Attachment(s)
This is where the plate was.

JerryHawk250 05-17-2018 07:47 AM

Hopefully it just got stuck in the intake valve and not letting it close.

lineman55 05-17-2018 04:26 PM

That royally sucks. That is not a part that should freaking break. I'd be livid over that. I see the two phillips head screws, they didn't loosen up, the plate just broke? What the hell is up with that? Did you get stranded far?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeMantia (Post 280234)
I guess I just pushed my bike too hard but while riding, the choke plate inside my PZ25 Carb ended up breaking in half. I found a large piece of the plate on the other side of the carb that got stuck on its way to the manifold. The worst of it all is that a small chunk got sucked into the engine somehow, and now the bike turns over but won't start up. I really should have switched the carb sooner, the plate itself had signs of it being over tightened from factory.

I'll have some pictures within the week, I'm taking it over to a shop to crack it open and see the damage soonish.

In any case a new engine doesn't exactly break the bank to hard. :shrug:
Hope it doesn't come to that though.

DudeMantia 05-17-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lineman55 (Post 280301)
That royally sucks. That is not a part that should freaking break. I'd be livid over that. I see the two phillips head screws, they didn't loosen up, the plate just broke? What the hell is up with that? Did you get stranded far?

It wasn't too bad, Just a nearby town. I kind of worry about taking it to busy areas. All I had to do to take it home was toss it in the back of a truck with the help of another person. really light bike, I could see an opportunistic thief going for it at some point.

I was unsure if the plate just got too loose and the vibration broke it in half, but It looked as if the screw heads were tightened down pretty hard on the piece I found.

Chinabike 05-17-2018 06:17 PM

shit that sucks man, sorry to hear.
I'll go look at my stock carb, its in a box.

Chinabike 05-17-2018 06:39 PM

If it helps any.
So the screws stayed intacked?

https://preview.ibb.co/iuJbwJ/IMG_0603.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/du8LOy/IMG_0602.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/mhjuiy/IMG_0601.jpg

Hellkitty 05-17-2018 07:56 PM

That should have never happened. Let me ask you, besides the carb issue, how has your Hellcat been holding up? How many miles do you have on it? Have you had any other issues? Just curious because I have one.

DudeMantia 05-17-2018 08:15 PM

highlighted choke plate

1 Attachment(s)
The red part got sucked into the engine, I have the green part around here somewhere.

I bought this bike with the intention of learning about the mechanics of it all, but I never really planned for this kind of issue.

Would it be a decent idea to take just the head off and look around in there for a start?

JerryHawk250 05-17-2018 08:24 PM

That big of a piece couldn't of gotten to far. I would pull the head.

DudeMantia 05-17-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellkitty (Post 280317)
That should have never happened. Let me ask you, besides the carb issue, how has your Hellcat been holding up? How many miles do you have on it? Have you had any other issues? Just curious because I have one.

It was running absolutely fine, I put 1600 miles on mine and changed the oil a few times. Only thing I've had to fix on it before was the High beam on my headlight burnt out. Beyond what happened recently which was avoidable I would say hellcats are worth it. It's going to eventually teach me about engines, and how motorcycles work.

eventually... :doh:

Chinabike 05-17-2018 08:57 PM

You sure its not just stuck in the intake pipe?
If its in the head hopefully it didn't tear anything up in there.

BlackBike 05-17-2018 10:20 PM

Did you hear the engine rattle before it shut down. If injested, I think you would have heard the bag-o-change sound. If somethingsin there, I would think you could remove the plug and turn the engine (by hand?) to feel if it gets blocked by forgiven object. But then again, that s a small flat piece. Let's hope for the best.

Weldangrind 05-18-2018 01:07 PM

X2 on pulling the intake tube, like Chinabike says. You might get luck and be able to fish it out with needle nose pliers. A magnet might also do the trick, since the intake and the head are likely alloy, whereas the choke plate is probably plated steel.

Chinabike 05-18-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 280389)
X2 on pulling the intake tube, like Chinabike says. You might get luck and be able to fish it out with needle nose pliers. A magnet might also do the trick, since the intake and the head are likely alloy, whereas the choke plate is probably plated steel.

Do what Weldangrind said first before you pull head. Try a long flexible magnet