ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   My new DLX (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=33476)

BriNbigD 11-04-2023 06:16 PM

My new DLX

2 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone! Picked up my 2023 DLX today from TxPowerSports (as I’m local).
Did I get a counter-balanced engine?!

BriNbigD 11-04-2023 07:11 PM

It’s official

MotoCheez has confirmed the c/b engine! I was going back and forth over the X and DLX because of that c/b engine. Now I’ve got everything I wanted (except for the 6th gear…maybe I should go check that too!)

Do©Hawk 11-05-2023 08:10 PM

Awesome! I have a 2022 DLX.

BriNbigD 11-05-2023 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Do©Hawk (Post 401267)
Awesome! I have a 2022 DLX.

Is it counterbalanced?

Do©Hawk 11-06-2023 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BriNbigD (Post 401273)
Is it counterbalanced?

I don't think so. I think that's new for 23'. But, it's my 1st motorcycle experience so it's hard to miss what I've never had.

BriNbigD 11-06-2023 05:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Do©Hawk (Post 401324)
I don't think so. I think that's new for 23'. But, it's my 1st motorcycle experience so it's hard to miss what I've never had.

When I re-read my question it sounded snarky. I apologize. I was only curious as to the 2023 updates.

Speaking of upgrades check out my headlight inside and wiring bundle behind it! All LED and smooth!

Thumper 11-06-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BriNbigD (Post 401328)
When I re-read my question it sounded snarky. I apologize. I was only curious as to the 2023 updates.

Speaking of upgrades check out my headlight inside and wiring bundle behind it! All LED and smooth!

The snarkometer hasn't wavered up at all! Snark-free...

You've got nothing but adventures and fun ahead of you on this bike! Post a photo now and then !

Do©Hawk 11-07-2023 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BriNbigD (Post 401328)

Unfortunately, text can be emotionally vague and/or misleading and is open to interpretation. I didn't think your question was snarky. All good

The LEDs are an upgrade from the 22 model. The previous owner of mine put in an LED headlight bulb. I changed out the front signals to an LED version. I'll do the back eventually, but haven't yet.

BriNbigD 11-07-2023 10:02 AM

The LEDs are an upgrade from the 22 model. The previous owner of mine put in an LED h

I have H4 LED ready to install but found the picture I posted when I pulled the headlight. No boot, not H4 connection. Already LED, I’m assuming…

BriNbigD 11-09-2023 05:18 PM

Magnetic oil drain bolt

2 Attachment(s)
Unless TxPowerSports added this, I have a magnetic oil drain plug on the bike!
I upgraded the pegs with larger, better ones. Had to use the belt sander to hog off the right amount, but they are a great improvement.

BriNbigD 11-09-2023 05:24 PM

Improvements

I’m pretty sure TPS didn’t touch the oil as what I just drained out is an abomination. I wouldn’t even call it oil. I don’t know where the Chinese get this stuff?!

I’ve also inspected all of the welds and they look REALLY good. No missed welds, etc. They’re not quite as good as on my Ninja 400, but WAY better than I could do—and more than acceptable. Even the passenger peg attachment points are welded as if someone gave a crap!

Do©Hawk 11-09-2023 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BriNbigD (Post 401453)
Unless TxPowerSports added this, I have a magnetic oil drain plug on the bike!
I upgraded the pegs with larger, better ones. Had to use the belt sander to hog off the right amount, but they are a great improvement.

From whom, I don't know, but the magnetic plug is an upgrade. On my 22 model, the previous owner made that upgrade.

I think I have the same foot pegs. I also had to grind some material off. Loctite those studs on the pegs. I lost 2 in the 1st week before I pulled them all and added loctite

BriNbigD 11-09-2023 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Do©Hawk (Post 401456)
From whom, I don't know, but the magnetic plug is an upgrade. On my 22 model, the previous owner made that upgrade.

I think I have the same foot pegs. I also had to grind some material off. Loctite those studs on the pegs. I lost 2 in the 1st week before I pulled them all and added loctite

I tightened them all, but did not remove them and loctite them. Will watch closely! If I have to pull them all I will. Thanks!