ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Anyone near this route? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=10785)

katoranger 04-02-2012 02:22 PM

Anyone near this route?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Au...mra=ls&t=m&z=7

FastDoc 04-02-2012 02:34 PM

Not me bro but you'll be passing through some beautiful country.

katoranger 04-02-2012 02:42 PM

Looking for places to stop since I will driving a 15 year old car pushing 200K with a trailer load of stuff that I wish to not be stolen. Also Buford the Cat will need a break at some point.

Breaking the news to the group now. Looks like I am awaiting the official job offer on a transfer to Kansas. The family cat, myself, and the tractors will likely make the move first. Probably be May 6-7.

Will be making the same trip driving two more cars a few weeks later. Won't have the trailer though. Things will be more secured.

If anyone is close to this route and wouldn't mind me and a loafing cat to stop for alittle while.

FastDoc 04-02-2012 02:48 PM

I'm afraid I don't even know anyone along your route.

I'm only moving 5 miles and I get panic attacks thinking about it.

katoranger 04-02-2012 03:07 PM

I have people in Alabama. It is not that far along though. Don't know anyone past there really.

2LZ 04-02-2012 07:55 PM

Sure don't know anyoneon that route....but I'm smack dab in the middle of moving and I know what Doc's talking about. I hope yours is a smooth one and much luck to you.

katoranger 04-02-2012 08:58 PM

Buford will make the drive a challenge.

Looks like not many people out that way.

Weldangrind 04-02-2012 09:17 PM

Maybe someone on the route will chime in. All Buford will need is a comfy cat bed on the back seat and a litter box; we used the type with a hood over it. After a while, he'll get tired of freaking out, and he'll curl up and relax. I recommend earplugs.

katoranger 04-02-2012 09:23 PM

I am thinking that it may be better to just drive and get it over with too. I can stop and take breaks and just keep going until we get there.

My old car will probably need some breaks after a few hills also.

FastDoc 04-02-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ
Sure don't know anyoneon that route....but I'm smack dab in the middle of moving and I know what Doc's talking about. I hope yours is a smooth one and much luck to you.

Where to?

2LZ 04-03-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ

Where to?

One of your favorite areas, Doc.... Amador Co. The thriving metropolis of Volcano. We got a place 1.5 miles west of Dafodil Hill on Shake Ridge.

FastDoc 04-03-2012 05:08 PM

I'm very familiar. :D

My ex's ex (sounds strange but makes sense) lived on on Daffodil Hill. I forgot the name of the street but I think it's the same. Nice enough guy. Jacka$$ should have warned me not to marry his ex but whatever... :evil:

Beautiful area, Volcano, especially if you like Kirkwood. Great ride to Sonora through Angel's Camp etc. 8)

I SERIOUSLY considered moving home rather than staying in Washington, but I'm broke and can't afford the temporary but large drop in income associated with starting a new practice.

Also, WHEN I go back to California, its going to be San Luis Obisbo.

SpudRider 04-04-2012 12:08 AM

Please keep us updated as the trip approaches, Allen. :) Also, please send me some stainless steel mesh before you move! :lol:

Spud :)

katoranger 04-05-2012 09:48 AM

I am now taking the much newer minivan. It will still be loaded with stuff and a trailer.

FYI. I am moving to Kansas.

Weldangrind 04-05-2012 10:51 AM

Congratulations! It sounds like a done deal. Good luck on the trip; do you plan to just crash in the van if you need a break?