ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Ride Suggestions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Fly and ride RX-3 home from Cali to East/South (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14320)

thillskier 01-08-2015 01:59 AM

Fly and ride RX-3 home from Cali to East/South

Anyone wanting to fly out/Ride back to East coast/South are welcome to join us. Mike, (wolftrax), myself Tommy (thillskier), and a few others MAY be joining us. We will take approximately a week to do the ride, and camp and inexpensive motel it back across on 65mph type roads. NOT Interstates when possible. I also will start a thread on adv forum as well.
I'm thinking, by the time the bikes get here, we get them sorted and set up, etc, it will be March and be nice weather if we stay south. There will be support in the group for any "new bike" issues as well, as CSC will support the ride back and assist with any issues and or parts anyone may need.
Should be FUN:)!

SpudRider 01-08-2015 04:59 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread. :) You are fortunate you can take a nice, warm, southern route back home. ;)

Huck369 01-08-2015 01:05 PM

I'll post as a maybe, but if my bike can be shipped by the end of Feb, will probably just have it shipped.

thillskier 01-09-2015 08:51 AM

Hopefully warm;)!

Yes, we will definitely be going south as possible:)! Also, by the time all gets done, it will most likely be 2nd week of March, anyways, and SHOULD be Spring ...certainly MUCH warmer than February...I'm bringing the heated vest and will install some grip heaters, unless Steve has sourced some of those "mitts" he was blogging about he saw (and was trying to source) in China:)!
hehe
Anyone else have a source on those "mitts" for cold weather riding?

Matt, 3rd week sounds even better for me (and weather;)! Lets TENTATIVELY set it up for the third week of March..Should be MUCH warmer than in February!, and thus MUCH more enjoyable!!!

thillskier 01-09-2015 08:55 AM

List of Riders

Please repost any who are interested in the fly ride as a "sure currently" or "possibly interested".

For Sure
1.Tommy (thillskier)
2. Mark

Possibly Interested
1. Huck369
2. Miss America

SpudRider 01-09-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thillskier (Post 177408)
...I'm bringing the heated vest and will install some grip heaters, unless Steve has sourced some of those "mitts" he was blogging about he saw (and was trying to source) in China:)!
hehe
Anyone else have a source on those "mitts" for cold weather riding?

The Tusk Mitts from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC get good reviews and are very reasonably priced at $15.99. :tup:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...m=tusk%20mitts

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/i...an_mit_blk.jpg

This item is currently out of stock. However, it is expected to be restocked on January 16. :)

Wolftrax 01-09-2015 10:02 AM

My work schedule is set in stone. I work 14 days on and get 7 days off. I'm looking at 02/24 through 03/02 or 03/17 through 03/23. Will probably plan on the last period. I suspect bikes won't be available till the and warmer weather.

katoranger 01-09-2015 11:12 AM

We will be requiring daily updates with pictures.

SpudRider 01-09-2015 07:18 PM

X2 on the photographs and updates. :)

Wolftrax 01-09-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger (Post 177415)
We will be requiring daily updates with pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 177427)
X2 on the photographs and updates. :)

You're wish is my command.

SpudRider 01-09-2015 08:02 PM

:lol:

Miss America 01-09-2015 08:08 PM

Sorry I've been MIA. Working WAY too much and after staring at computers all day I haven't wanted to log onto anything after work.

I just posted up over on ADV as well, but I was just informed that my vacation plan has changed at work and *might* be changing again shortly. We just got acquired and it seems our HR can't seem to make a logical decision on PTO. My options, as of right now, are ship the bike or do the ride and not get paid. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about how a full-time worker should have to make this decision. :-\

Anywho... if I get good news about the vacation then I'm definitely in for the ride and can be flexible with my schedule. Otherwise I have a big decision to make.

SpudRider 01-09-2015 08:57 PM

Thanks for checking in, Miss America. :) We understand your situation, and we hope things work out well for you.

culcune 01-09-2015 10:41 PM

If you guys are riding south, come through Yuma! If not, let me know if you are on I 10 and I can meet you guys north of me. Maybe even if you take I 40 and stopover in Lake Havasu. Look at a map and see which route south you think you will take.

katoranger 01-10-2015 09:06 AM

Post a route plan if possible. I am sure you will be many hours south of me. That time of year in Southern Kansas or Oklahoma is usually cold.