ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Video and Pics (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Vader 125 mods (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20651)

Bvader141 02-18-2018 07:26 PM

Vader 125 mods

5 Attachment(s)
Bought my Vader January of last year and have done quite a bit to it so far.

Engine/ performance - 141 cc big bore kit front tbolt, 16t front sprocket, custom made underbelly pipe made from stock pipe, vm26 mikuni carb with pod filter

I've also installed a genuine Honda grom seat, eBay protaper metal mulisha bars, CNC brake/clutch controls, custom built fender delete and tag mount, also customized the rear luggage rack for a better look

Bvader141 02-18-2018 07:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple more pics

Megadan 02-18-2018 11:05 PM

Looks sharp!

jsumd 02-19-2018 12:16 AM

Looking good! I really like the grom seat on there. Any issues fitting it?

Bvader141 02-19-2018 01:54 AM

I appreciate that guys ! No issues with fitting the grom seat except a couple tabs on the seat had to be trimmed down. I can take a couple pics to show you if you'd like to see what it takes to make it work

Weldangrind 02-19-2018 10:48 AM

Nice looking bike. Is there a cat in the exhaust pipe?

JerryHawk250 02-19-2018 11:08 AM

Nice looking bike. :tup: If there's a cat in the exhaust pipe i would gut or remove. :)

Bvader141 02-19-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 273787)
Nice looking bike. Is there a cat in the exhaust pipe?

There was a cat but I split it open and gutted it when I made the exhaust. It was a stock exhaust but I cut down the muffler ,removed the baffle inside and gutted the cat then cut it down to fit under instead of the stock location.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 273791)
Nice looking bike. :tup: If there's a cat in the exhaust pipe if would gut or remove. :)

letsride 02-19-2018 10:29 PM

Looks great! These little bikes interest me alot! What was the gains with the big bore kit? Costly? Anything else you care to share, please do. Not a whole lot of how to and mod threads on these.

Bvader141 02-20-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsride (Post 273819)
Looks great! These little bikes interest me alot! What was the gains with the big bore kit? Costly? Anything else you care to share, please do. Not a whole lot of how to and mod threads on these.

Thanks alot ! I just installed the big bore kit about a week ago so I haven't really been hard on it yet but I can tell you it has definitely made a significant difference. Once it's good and broken in I'll report back with the power differences. I ordered the tbolt USA big bore kit for lifan 125cc engines with the 14 mm pin and had ordered a z40 cam but unfortunately it doesn't fit. So far I've also ordered CNC clutch/brake levers for a grom and they fit well, honda from seat that fits perfectly except for trimming a couple other tabs. I think for the most part honda grom parts will swap right over to the Vader, not everything but so far I know that the light assembly, seat , wheels / wheel parts, levers fit. It's been alot of trial and error with this thing and there isn't much info on the web right now.

jsumd 02-22-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bvader141 (Post 273778)
I appreciate that guys ! No issues with fitting the grom seat except a couple tabs on the seat had to be trimmed down. I can take a couple pics to show you if you'd like to see what it takes to make it work

yeah, i would appreciate that! :clap:

Bvader141 03-09-2018 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the new otb chain adjusters for a Honda grom and they fit!! It's a huge upgrade over the stock chain tensioners on the Vader or any grom clone.

Bvader141 03-09-2018 08:11 PM

Also ordered a yoshimura exhaust and honda grom integrated tail light , still waiting on them to come in so more pics soon

Hellkitty 03-12-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bvader141 (Post 273849)
Thanks alot ! I just installed the big bore kit about a week ago so I haven't really been hard on it yet but I can tell you it has definitely made a significant difference. Once it's good and broken in I'll report back with the power differences. I ordered the tbolt USA big bore kit for lifan 125cc engines with the 14 mm pin and had ordered a z40 cam but unfortunately it doesn't fit. So far I've also ordered CNC clutch/brake levers for a grom and they fit well, honda from seat that fits perfectly except for trimming a couple other tabs. I think for the most part honda grom parts will swap right over to the Vader, not everything but so far I know that the light assembly, seat , wheels / wheel parts, levers fit. It's been alot of trial and error with this thing and there isn't much info on the web right now.

Does that big bore kit come with a Honda style head that allow you to bolt on an exhaust made for a Grom or is it just the cylinder and piston?

Bvader141 03-18-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellkitty (Post 274836)
Does that big bore kit come with a Honda style head that allow you to bolt on an exhaust made for a Grom or is it just the cylinder and piston?

Unfortunately the kit I bought did not come with the head, only the piston and cylinder. The Yoshi exhaust I ordered for a grom does not fit either 😠. I just ordered a couple different stainless mandrel bends for a 1.5 inch exhaust so I'll cut up the new grom header and weld a new downpipe to match the Vader head.