ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Anyone know how to correct the mileage on a Vader/Razkull odometer? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20280)

Jamesfl 11-20-2017 10:47 AM

Anyone know how to correct the mileage on a Vader/Razkull odometer?

I have to replace the speedometer/Odometer on my Vader as display started acting up due to what appears to be water damage. Does anyone know how to advance the mileage on these Odometers to reflect the correct mileage?

Azhule 11-20-2017 11:25 AM

Take some scissors, pen, paper, and tape... use the pen and write " + X,XXX " on the paper; when " X,XXX " equals the mileage on your old speedometer... use the scissors to cut the " + X,XXX " down to size and tape the paper next to/under the new Odometer numbers :hehe:

All joking aside, why do you need it to show the actual miles? If/when you sell it just make sure you tell them to add X,XXX to get the real odo mileage :D

Jamesfl 11-20-2017 02:27 PM

I bought the bike used and have not registered it or transferred the title into my name as I only ride on non-public roads at this time. I would prefer the mileage to be correct to so that when I sell the bike I can provide the new owner with the signed title and avoid having to track down the former owner and dealing with odometer disclosure statements.

JerryHawk250 11-20-2017 03:12 PM

How many miles are we talking about? Maybe hook a drill or small motor to the sending unit and let it ring up the miles. Just don't overspend the rpms and peg it out.

Adjuster 11-20-2017 05:48 PM

I saw it in a movie once you jack up the rear end and put it in reverse and let it run. Just make sure it doesn't fall off the jack and crash through the back wall of the garage and down an embankment. I probably would not attempt this if your name is Ferris or if you know anyone named Ferris.

/

Jamesfl 11-21-2017 01:16 AM

I am actually trying to advance the new odometer about 800 miles not reverse it. Doing it with a drill or motor might take awhile.

JerryHawk250 11-21-2017 06:40 AM

Strap it down on the thread mill for a few days. Lol

Jamesfl 11-21-2017 04:34 PM

Lol

BlackBike 11-22-2017 11:23 AM

This seems like a non issue. If you attempt to break into it you will probably be buying a replacement. As long as it is working now, get out there and ride! The value is so little on these , a future prospective buyer will not be concerned .

sshevie 11-22-2017 08:19 PM

Honestly for 800 miles I wouldn't worry about it.

jsumd 11-26-2017 01:23 AM

I think you are overthinking it. If I'm not mistaken there is a place on your dmv forms to put that you have replaced the odomoter on the bike and that the stated mileage on the new one is not correct. I know this because I had to do it on my XT225 that had a busted speedo.

Skin Mechanic 11-30-2017 08:51 AM

I wouldn't waste my time with it, the odometers on these bikes are wrong anyways. I have an indicated 2743 miles on my bike's odo but the actual mileage is 2496.