ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Winter escape (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20347)

fjmartin 12-04-2017 10:55 PM

Winter escape

1 Attachment(s)
It’s been cold and rainy in the PNW and I finally had enough so I decided to head South on the RX3. This will be a two week trip down to SoCal. Plan was to go straight down I-5 from the Seattle area to CSC to have some things done to the RX3 that’s I didn’t want to do myself and then connect with another RX3 buddy and his friend to ride around the Salton Sea. So Sunday morning I loaded up the bike and headed South. It rained a LOT. My Klim gear, A* Toucan boots, heated jacket liner, heated grips and new grip muffs kept me dry and warm

fjmartin 12-04-2017 11:06 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Made it to Grants Pass with no issues. 440 miles. This morning I left Grants pass but had to take HWY 199 to Crescent City, CA as the Sisque pass was covered with snow and ice. Lots of construction on 101 slowed my progress and I have stopped in Willits for the night. BBQ and a Beer!

AZRider 12-05-2017 01:06 AM

Safe travels and keep us posted on your trip.

Emerikol 12-05-2017 02:49 AM

Looks like a really fun trip, FJ! Keep the rubber side down and your head on a swivel. The drivers out there are crazy! Keep us posted and let us know if you need anything.

fjmartin 12-05-2017 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another long day on the Bike heading South. 400 miles. Coolest sight was crossing the Oakland bridge then just lots of rolling hills of wheat. Staying in the big city of Buttonwillow tonight.

AZRider 12-05-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fjmartin (Post 270197)
Another long day on the Bike heading South. 400 miles. Coolest sight was crossing the Oakland bridge then just lots of rolling hills of wheat. Staying in the big city of Buttonwillow tonight.

Make sure that you get in a couple of laps on the race course.

BlackBike 12-05-2017 10:49 PM

Bridges are just cool...thanks for sharing the pics.

fjmartin 12-06-2017 06:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Made the last 140 miles into Azusa today and arrived at CSC. Wind was brutal coming over the grapevine and it took all I had to stay in my lane. The team at CSC is working like a NASCAR pit crew doing all the service items I want taken care of plus a few extras like a KIPO exhaust. Coming in towards CSC on HWY 210 I went through the smoke from the wildfires in the area. Steve the owner was nice enough to lend me his RX3 while mine is being worked on.

sjeff35 12-06-2017 06:40 PM

KIPO exhaust??? Do tell!

Sullybiker 12-06-2017 06:40 PM

What mods are you having done? Kipo exhaust?

Lovely pictures as always, mate.

fjmartin 12-06-2017 07:11 PM

KIPO is a Colombian company that makes a drop in exhaust system for the ATK 250. The Colombian version of the RX3. Ohio Dan put a ne on and like it. Gerry at CSC has one and says it adds some horsepower with better airflow. Problem is that KIPO won’t sell in the US. CSC tried to get them and got some to test but the deal fell through. I’m getting one of the samples. Looks nice and is a bit lighter. Don’t know what it will sound like yet. Has a screen inside that should work for a spark arrestor.

sjeff35 12-06-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fjmartin (Post 270267)
KIPO is a Colombian company that makes a drop in exhaust system for the ATK 250. The Colombian version of the RX3. Ohio Dan put a ne on and like it. Gerry at CSC has one and says it adds some horsepower with better airflow. Problem is that KIPO won’t sell in the US. CSC tried to get them and got some to test but the deal fell through. I’m getting one of the samples. Looks nice and is a bit lighter. Don’t know what it will sound like yet. Has a screen inside that should work for a spark arrestor.

Hmmm, I'll be going to Bogata for work next year at least once. I wonder what customs would say???

:yay:

fjmartin 12-06-2017 07:23 PM

I’m getting the full standard service which is a full inspection, spark plug, fuel filter, air filter, oil change, clutch pack, tranny bolt torqued, tires, radiator and brake fluid, wheel trueing, Fix rim ding, linkage lube, new RTV on rocker cover, valve job and the exhaust. Wanted them to really go through the Bike since I’ve got 16,250 miles on it AND I’m riding to Prudhoe Bay in July.

fjmartin 12-06-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjeff35 (Post 270268)
Hmmm, I'll be going to Bogata for work next year at least once. I wonder what customs would say???

:yay:

Bring a clarinet case with you and put it in there.

AdventureDad 12-06-2017 10:33 PM

Awesome !!!! Keep us posted indeed on all the work, and your ride, of course. Make SURE to eat at IN N Out Burger at least once. Also, while youre there, what spark plug are they recommending we go to? There was a thread about it, but I can't find it. Just curious, and ride safe.