ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   May Have Just Lost My RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16898)

2LZ 06-19-2016 03:31 PM

May Have Just Lost My RX3

Well, we got up this morning and I said, "I know you have some things you want to get done today but before anything, let's go for a quick burn...." Mrs. 2LZ happily agreed and we hit the garage.

Her Vic is kind of a handful on the twisties so I suggested she ride the RX3 and I'll take Q. Poor Q has been neglected since the RX3 arrived so he was in need of some well-deserved love. The RX3's seat height is lower, so it just made sense she ride it.

After about 5 miles of her adjusting to the RX, I'm out in front and she's now right on my butt. I ratchet it up a bit and she's back there tucking and shifting like she'd ridden the thing for a year.

We stopped at an overlook and she commences to tell me how good it handles and how fun it is. I said, "Don't get too used to it, your TT250 should be here soon."

We continued the ride, cat and mousing the rest of the way now. I'd toss Q deep into a corner and as I'm sweeping out downshifting and rolling it on, she'd square the damn corner and take me on the inside. WTH!?

Anyway, we got back and she got off and continued to tell me how impressed she was with the RX3's predictable handling and what an absolute blast it is to ride, once you get used to the power band and shift points. Once again, I told her not to get TOO comfortable on it.

That TT250 better hurry up!

Tiger12XC 06-19-2016 03:36 PM

Congrats Mrs. 2LZ on your new RX3! I didn't want to fight my wife to ride hers so I had to get my own.

dpl096 06-19-2016 04:32 PM

go girl go ! Mine would love to ride the RX3 but she's just too short legged and I'm not lowering it ... she wants one bad enough she'll get one. . . . time will tell.

Ron B 06-19-2016 06:52 PM

Something tells me you should have kept both bikes and not let your brother have one.

FastDoc 06-20-2016 12:04 AM

You got a good there 2LZ

I wish they all could be California girls;-)

detours 06-20-2016 01:22 AM

That's a fine problem to have there, 2LZ. You can't lose no matter how that turns out!

BlackBike 06-20-2016 02:06 AM

That q orange looks nice too

rtking 06-20-2016 02:08 AM

What do you mean "may" have lost your RX3? I think Mrs. 2LZ is the proud owner of a nicely broken in RX3. :p

Hopefully Mrs. 2LZ will be happy with the TT250. But then again, if she likes that bike also, we may see Mrs. 2LZ join the forum telling us about her two new bikes? :p

Ron B 06-20-2016 08:40 AM

If it hasnt shipped yet go you better go ahead and call csc and shift the money over to a new RX3 :)

2LZ 06-20-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B (Post 221794)
If it hasnt shipped yet go you better go ahead and call csc and shift the money over to a new RX3 :)

I'll just wait till my brother sells his blue one! ;-)

On a different note, running Q up against the RX3 was eye opening. Of course, we weren't pushing as hard as we could because she knew the RX wasn't broken in yet, but I can definitely say that between the mods and the lighter weight, the little 200cc in Q may just be able to take the RX3 in a straight line. It definitely had a stronger midrange pull. That may have been power/weight ratio though. The RX3 is not a light 250 in stock trim.

I do wish that CSC would come out with an ECM remap someday. That would give us the ability to match some aftermarket exhaust to the mapping for some extra grunt.

Weldangrind 06-20-2016 12:43 PM

This is exactly the reason I haven't encouraged Mrs. Weldangrind to ride my TW.

Ron B 06-20-2016 01:59 PM

How is your brother doing with his blue one? has he commented on it to you?

2LZ 06-20-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B (Post 221877)
How is your brother doing with his blue one? has he commented on it to you?

For the few times he's ridden it, he likes it. Both of us have always ridden since we were kids but he's not as passionate about bikes as I am. His long gravel driveway does dump out onto a fast moving highway. He's thinking it may be a bit too small for all of his open roads. He's going to ride it a while and see....

FastDoc 06-20-2016 05:07 PM

The RX3 can safely go on the highway long enough to get off the highway.

2LZ 06-20-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc (Post 221902)
The RX3 can safely go on the highway long enough to get off the highway.

Ya know Doc, you can just feel that there's so much more in this little motor that it's dying to give, but with the mapping and stifled exhaust, "it is what it is". It's a ton of fun and more than adequate for the back roads and the 55 mph speed limits. I just can't help but think there's another 5-8 HP minimum, waiting to be unleashed somehow.

If this was a carbureted version, that would be fun to tinker with. I did the same mods to Q that Boostcrazy did on his XF200 and he got 20hp out of it on the dyno, from the stock 15hp.