ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   The Transformation! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18002)

S2wheels 01-04-2017 06:33 PM

The Transformation!

5 Attachment(s)
Here's a little something I'm working on. Enjoy.

S2wheels 01-04-2017 06:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics.
Still gotta ways to go.

Krasi_BG 01-05-2017 02:38 AM

I sure hope that frame and front suspension will manage to cope with the "redistribution of masses" :)

S2wheels 01-05-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krasi_BG (Post 239866)
I sure hope that frame and front suspension will manage to cope with the "redistribution of masses" :)

Yes indeed....Plus I will be modding the forks. Making them fully adjustable. That's even if I decide to use them.

Weldangrind 01-05-2017 12:03 PM

That looks like a 250 Ninja motor; love it! I would have never thought of that swap. I would have gravitated towards a bigger GY6-based motor, but your idea is so much better.

ben2go 01-05-2017 12:21 PM

I hate pocket bikes but this peaks my interests.

S2wheels 01-05-2017 04:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 239897)
That looks like a 250 Ninja motor; love it! I would have never thought of that swap. I would have gravitated towards a bigger GY6-based motor, but your idea is so much better.

thank you, yes it is the kawi 250 motor and complete swingarm setup. I'm not gonna use the rear swingarm though. It weighs essay to much. So I'm gonna try the cbr250r swinger, hoping it's weighs less.
I did think about going with a bigger gy6 based motor. But since I love to race road course. I felt it would have severe limitations especially on tight tracks.
The Kawasaki motor offers the best bang for the bucks. That why I went with it it has more HP stock in the 250cc 4stroke class. Plus it was the cheapest in price and haven't changed much for years to year.
My other choice was gonna be this. A twin cylinder 600cc motor but it would've required more money and work.
50hp stock but it wouldn't have had no gearbox.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 239900)
I hate pocket bikes but this peaks my interests.

If it wasn't for my love of racing. I wouldn't have given them a second look. This though is about the size of a ysr/Honda grom.
I'm my opinion if you find one dirt cheap. It could be worth it to do a custom build. If you have a specific use in mind. So far including the price of this scooter. I have $800 in to this not including man hrs.

S2wheels 01-07-2017 04:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Didn't do much today, I put the fairings on. To get a visual on how the much the bottom of the motor. Sticks out underneath the belly pan. I will have to extend the belly pan a little bit. Once I put the headers on. They will stick out a little bit from underneath.
I also order 1 of the bigger wheels I hope to use. Only bought 1 because if it turns out. The 15in wheels are to big. I wouldn't lose out to much on the money side.
Need the larger wheel to help setup the front-end. Have to make sure I have plenty of room the the headers and radiator.
This swingarm will not be used. It is much to heavy to be used for anything besides a boat anchor.. I'm gonna try the cbr250r swingarm setup.

dh 01-07-2017 08:48 PM

That's a nice little bike!!! Is it going to be street legal?

S2wheels 01-08-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dh (Post 240131)
That's a nice little bike!!! Is it going to be street legal?

thanks...
I'm really not to interested in getting it registered. I'm guessing that if I did. It would still be tagged as a scooter/moped.
If I get the itch to get it registered. I would like to try and get tag as a custom bike of some sorts. So that way it wouldn't fall under the 30mph and no gearing rule.
Other than that, being built for some trackday fun. I love being on the tracks and racing.

Weldangrind 01-08-2017 07:26 PM

The bodywork covers the motor nicely. Nobody would know what you're packin'.

S2wheels 01-09-2017 05:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
So I got in the bigger wheel. 15in dual discs on the rear. It looks like its supposed to be. On the front the wheel looks like its eating the bike. A little to big. So I came to the conclusion a 14in wheel probably would've been better.....lol So I chalk this up to a $100 mistake.
I will continue to use this wheel to help finish the bike. Then go down to a smaller wheel.

BlackBike 01-09-2017 07:01 PM

S2... could you link the original bike. What was the original engine displacement? Thanks

S2wheels 01-10-2017 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 240276)
S2... could you link the original bike. What was the original engine displacement? Thanks

It was a 50cc 4stroke scooter originally.
http://wholesaleatv.com/product/49cc-dongfang-sst/

BlackBike 01-11-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2wheels (Post 240302)
It was a 50cc 4stroke scooter originally.
http://wholesaleatv.com/product/49cc-dongfang-sst/

Thats disgusting. Remarkable what you have done with it.