ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Arrival of Latest Batch of RX3s? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15884)

Dualsport Chic 02-09-2016 03:56 AM

Arrival of Latest Batch of RX3s?

I assume a few other North American riders are also waiting for the ship to arrive in Long Beach, CA with their New RX3s. Has anyone heard of when it is to dock? And, from those that have already taken delivery of their RX3s, how long a process is it from docking, to build up of their individual bikes at CSC, on to delivery? I am in the Norteastern U.S. and hoping to receive mine by the end of March - is this a reasonable expectation?

Thanks guys and gals!

SpudRider 02-09-2016 05:05 AM

Someone reported the bikes are scheduled to arrive very soon. I don't believe the bikes will be delayed very long in customs. Therefore, I think it's very reasonable for you to expect to receive you bike before the end of March. :)

superdude 02-09-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 204346)
Someone reported the bikes are scheduled to arrive very soon. I don't believe the bikes will be delayed very long in customs. Therefore, I think it's very reasonable for you to expect to receive you bike before the end of March. :)

The date I've seen and heard from expectant riders and CSC was today 2/9 they were arriving into port. Id say Spud is pretty accurate you figure it takes some time to get them unloaded at the port clear customs get picked up by CSC and then assembled and ready for you, putting the bike at your door before month is over.

DanKearney 02-09-2016 07:31 PM

I hope there are some TT250's in the same container.

Cheers,

Dan K.

SpudRider 02-09-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanKearney (Post 204400)
I hope there are some TT250's in the same container.

Cheers,

Dan K.

No, I'm afraid the TT250 bikes were scheduled for a later manufacture date than the RX3 bikes.

rtking 02-09-2016 09:08 PM

I can't wait to see the new RX3s on the road! The color scheme looks great, and I am anxious to hear people's review of the adjustable forks and bar end weights. And I'd be curious to see if the poll numbers mirror the colors that are delivered on the RX3. Seems like Silver is a hit for 2016, and it is stunning to see it in person.

surfndirt 02-13-2016 08:23 AM

I'm itching for mine too, waiting patiently here in South Carolina! Hopefully it'll be delivered within a few weeks!

surfndirt 02-13-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtking (Post 204403)
I can't wait to see the new RX3s on the road! The color scheme looks great, and I am anxious to hear people's review of the adjustable forks and bar end weights. And I'd be curious to see if the poll numbers mirror the colors that are delivered on the RX3. Seems like Silver is a hit for 2016, and it is stunning to see it in person.

Oooh I didn't even realize they had bar end weights. My first addition to the bike was gonna be either adding some brushguards (Not the CSC ones, proper metal wrap arounds), or collapsible levers. From what I've seen on older posts, I haven't seen any collapsible levers, although I don't personally know how interchangeable/generic they are?

RedHawk47 02-13-2016 10:21 AM

Latest update: http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=20218

rtking 02-13-2016 04:19 PM

Thanks RedHawk47. The colors look really good... the silver looks really striking to me. Can't wait to see the 2016s out on the road and to read SurfnDirt's "unboxing" report!

SpudRider 02-13-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfndirt (Post 204605)
Oooh I didn't even realize they had bar end weights. My first addition to the bike was gonna be either adding some brushguards (Not the CSC ones, proper metal wrap arounds), or collapsible levers. From what I've seen on older posts, I haven't seen any collapsible levers, although I don't personally know how interchangeable/generic they are?

I haven't found any compatible levers for the Zongshen RX3. I only found a compatible brake lever for my Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra), and the RX3 brake lever is different.

surfndirt 02-14-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 204634)
I haven't found any compatible levers for the Zongshen RX3. I only found a compatible brake lever for my Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra), and the RX3 brake lever is different.

Thanks Spudrider, looks like I'll probably fitting some brushguards then for sure.

jbfla 02-14-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 204634)

This from Ryan at CSC, when inquiring about "shorty" levers:

"We have not found any shorty levers yet, I’m sorry to say. We've taken the stock levers down to a lever manufacturer and compared them to levers for Japanese applications, and the only thing that matched up was the clutch to an old Suzuki, but no one that I'm aware of has a shorty lever for it"

jb

Adjuster 02-14-2016 02:24 PM

I don't understand why CSC doesn't align themselves with a CNC shop. A small local CNC shop could get these parts designed and manufactured in days. The correct mounts for the hand guards with no modding, these shorty levers etc etc.. CSC has the market cornered for aftermarket parts for the RX3 and the upcoming TT. Small batches are no problem for a smallish local CNC metal shop. Heck I have heard of people that have CNC machines in their home garage.

/

Jay In Milpitas 02-14-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 204713)
I don't understand why CSC doesn't align themselves with a CNC shop. A small local CNC shop could get these parts designed and manufactured in days. The correct mounts for the hand guards with no modding, these shorty levers etc etc.. CSC has the market cornered for aftermarket parts for the RX3 and the upcoming TT. Small batches are no problem for a smallish local CNC metal shop. Heck I have heard of people that have CNC machines in their home garage.

/

Like maybe Pro One? http://www.pro-one.com/