ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Sightings (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   RX3's in Volcano! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15345)

2LZ 10-18-2015 01:37 AM

RX3's in Volcano!

Well what do you know? There I was coming back from Pine Grove on a little back country road that connects Pine Grove and Volcano....and I came up behind two bikes. They were going along kind of slowly, taking in the sights. I saw the rider on the bike in front pointing to the left toward Indian Grinding Rock State Park. Obviously they were from out of town and enjoying the beauty of what Amador County has to offer.

At first I thought they were on a Kawasaki, or Suzuki or some other adventure bike, then I thought. "No way those could be RX3's...", but the panniers looked familiar from pictures.

I followed them into the park as they parked off to the side, I pulled up next to them and asked if they were on the new RX3. They said yes and then were kind enough to offer for me to check them out....which I gladly accepted!

Needless to say the RX3 exceeded all of my expectations for fit and finish and one of the gentlemen was nice enough to allow me to mount the saddle and at 6' and 190....I was comfortable. The ergonomics were surprisingly well set-up also!

I apologize that I can't remember their names but it was very nice to run across some of our fellow China Riders way out in Volcano. Also, they were nice enough to allow me to take a pic of this VERY rare sighting so I could share it here on our site! Ride safe guys!

SpudRider 10-18-2015 04:38 AM

Thanks for posting the sighting, 2LZ. :)

I'm surprised to hear you say the RX3 "exceeded all of my expectations for fit and finish." It's a Zong, 2LZ. :wtf: Of course the fit and finish are excellent. ;)

:hehe:

Are you ready to join The Cult of The Zong? Of course, you realize, resistance is futile. :lol:

Weldangrind 10-18-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 194899)
...at 6' and 190....I was comfortable.

Sure. Rub it in.

So cool that you ran across a couple of RX3's! Did the guys confirm that they're members here?

2LZ 10-18-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 194902)
Thanks for posting the sighting, 2LZ. :)

I'm surprised to hear you say the RX3 "exceeded all of my expectations for fit and finish." It's a Zong, 2LZ. :wtf: Of course the fit and finish are excellent. ;)

:hehe:

Are you ready to join The Cult of The Zong? Of course, you realize, resistance is futile. :lol:

Some day Spud! Some day..... I'd say my only concern with the RX3 is the power that they churn out only being a 250. I'd like to get a ride on one someday.

2LZ 10-18-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 194931)
Sure. Rub it in.

So cool that you ran across a couple of RX3's! Did the guys confirm that they're members here?

The gentleman on the blue RX3 is a confirmed China Rider. I'm not sure about the gentleman on the orange/yellow RX3.

Cyclone54 10-18-2015 06:30 PM

Nice to meet you 2LZ. Wade (blue) and I, Carl (orange) are indeed members here, but don't post to often.

Had a great time exploring the twisties around Volcano and ended up staying the night at the historic St. George Hotel in Volcano.

Got lots of cool pictures that we will have to share when we make it back home. As of now we are down in Murphy's Ca. Drinking a cold one.

Jay In Milpitas 10-18-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone54 (Post 194957)
Nice to meet you 2LZ. Wade (blue) and I, Carl (orange) are indeed members here, but don't post to often.

Had a great time exploring the twisties around Volcano and ended up staying the night at the historic St. George Hotel in Volcano.

Got lots of cool pictures that we will have to share when we make it back home. As of now we are down in Murphy's Ca. Drinking a cold one.

Carl, where do you and Wade call home?

Jay In Milpitas 10-18-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 194935)
Some day Spud! Some day..... I'd say my only concern with the RX3 is the power that they churn out only being a 250. I'd like to get a ride on one someday.

Slide on to one of those Victory's and cruise on out this way one weekend and I'll make it happen. Power wise I'd say the RX3 is somewhere between your Husky and your 200, more towards the Husky.

2LZ 10-18-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Excellent! I'm glad you were able to stay at the St George. I thought making it all the way to Washington would have been quite a jaunt after the late start you got because of the lightning storm.

By the way....not a half hour after we met, my neighbor walked over and I was telling him about seeing your bikes and he asked, "Was it a blue one and an orange one? They just now turned around in my driveway and headed back toward Daffodil Hill." Our place is right across the street from that driveway you turned around at and apparently, he said I just missed you. I bet Rams Horn Grade was a HOOT on those RX3's!

Next time you and Wade are in town, give me a heads up and the next cold one is on Mrs 2LZ and I at the Whiskey Flat (St George)....

2LZ 10-18-2015 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas (Post 194964)
Slide on to one of those Victory's and cruise on out this way one weekend and I'll make it happen. Power wise I'd say the RX3 is somewhere between your Husky and your 200, more towards the Husky.

May have to take you up on that one of these weekends next Spring........

Jay In Milpitas 10-18-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 194967)
May have to take you up on that one of these weekends next Spring........

Spring???? phffffftttt. Oh wait, You're in Volcano which is sort of West Nevada. Here in the Bay Area we don't really have Spring. We do have Winter, which is normally about the second & third week of January. The rest of the year is called Riding. The only exception is Might Ride which is when the high temps make it uncomfortable to suit up. That's usually one of the weeks in mid September.

SpudRider 10-18-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Thanks for saying hello, Carl. :)

If you have time after you return home, please do post a report, including some of your excellent photographs, in our Ride Reports Forum.

http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=113

2LZ 10-18-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas (Post 194970)
Spring???? phffffftttt. Oh wait, You're in Volcano which is sort of West Nevada. Here in the Bay Area we don't really have Spring. We do have Winter, which is normally about the second & third week of January. The rest of the year is called Riding. The only exception is Might Ride which is when the high temps make it uncomfortable to suit up. That's usually one of the weeks in mid September.

You're close. Volcano is just outside of Jackson. A mere 1.5 hours from the Bay Area. We ride almost all year here as well. Actually, it's not because of the weather, I just had some health issues and I've been benched from driving or riding for six months. Not my choice, trust me. Sneaking a quick trip in the car to the store in Pine Grove is a wee bit different than mounting the Vics and heading to the Bay Area.

Jay In Milpitas 10-19-2015 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 194987)
You're close. Volcano is just outside of Jackson. A mere 1.5 hours from the Bay Area. We ride almost all year here as well. Actually, it's not because of the weather, I just had some health issues and I've been benched from driving or riding for six months. Not my choice, trust me. Sneaking a quick trip in the car to the store in Pine Grove is a wee bit different than mounting the Vics and heading to the Bay Area.

Wishing you a good, solid recovery.

SpudRider 10-19-2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas (Post 195004)
Wishing you a good, solid recovery.

X2; I hope you are continuing to recover well, 2LZ. :)