ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   TT vs. Hawk (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17835)

letsride 11-29-2016 09:32 PM

TT vs. Hawk

Ok, so I'm gonna go ahead and put it out here. So, just what is my extra 1,000 dollars plus buying me in a TT250? I can see the forks are inverted on the TT and the thing is 50 state legal (not that that matters to me, or at least I hear for S.C.) And I see that CSC assembles the bike, which I don't care about that, I don't want "professional" assembly. Are they made by the same factory? Anyone ever park a Hawk next to a TT and compared them in person. Someone sell me on spending an extra grand plus. READY, SET,....................GO!! :clap:

timcosby 11-29-2016 10:01 PM

just a few things added to get dot/epa road use in all 50 states approval as far as i see

pistolclass 11-29-2016 10:04 PM

If SC is good to go on Registering the Hawk get the Hawk and save the $1,000 for a go kart for the "kids".

letsride 11-29-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

If SC is good to go on Registering the Hawk get the Hawk and save the $1,000 for a go kart for the "kids".
Spoken like a true wise man. A Hawk it will probably be. I've watched tons (maybe all of them LOL) of videos on them both. And the forks look to be the difference. Maybe the TT is just the answer the the laws in the Peoples Republik of Californie. LOL No offense to my Cali brethren! After all the first letter in C.A.R.B is California. :D Please don't take this as a CSC bashing thread. I'm just curious. I know all that leg work to get them legal isn't cheap. And I'm glad to see a dealer like them out there.

OUTERLIMITS 11-30-2016 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsride (Post 237058)
Spoken like a true wise man. A Hawk it will probably be. I've watched tons (maybe all of them LOL) of videos on them both. And the forks look to be the difference. Maybe the TT is just the answer the the laws in the Peoples Republik of Californie. LOL No offense to my Cali brethren! After all the first letter in C.A.R.B is California. :D Please don't take this as a CSC bashing thread. I'm just curious. I know all that leg work to get them legal isn't cheap. And I'm glad to see a dealer like them out there.

I'm in California and will still probably go the hawk route (going to register a pair of them at my brother's in AZ). Just too much of a difference in price to pass up. Also, just because they are inverted forks, does not necessarily make them better.

After all, technically this bike has inverted forks as well....
http://www.cyclechaos.com/images/thu...T70-Blue-2.jpg

moparrob 11-30-2016 02:42 AM

Being a California resident I was extremely pleased to be able to buy a new and affordable STREET LEGAL 250 dual sport from China. It really is a big deal out here with the emissions Nazis and all. I ended up buying two of them and they are a blast - now that they have new sprockets, pipes and re-jetting.

hertz9753 11-30-2016 05:57 AM

I know companies switched to upside down forks to eliminate the forks from getting hung up in ruts with the long travel and make them less prone to flexing on dirt bikes. Neither of these bikes have long travel forks but people are looking for what they are used to seeing.

I don't have a problem with leading axle front forks if they don't hang 3 or 4 inches below the axle. But if you put nice old 1981 Yamaha YZ 465 in front of me I would ride it and sound like little girl the whole time.

mtiberio 11-30-2016 07:01 AM

tt250 has
300 watt alternator
2 accessory plugs switched to the right switch cluster
helmet lock
tool kit and tool kit holder
USD forks
1 year unlimited mileage warantee
decent parts source

perhaps other differentiators...

wilserchinarider 11-30-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtiberio (Post 237071)
tt250 has

helmet lock
tool kit and tool kit holder
decent parts source

I believe I noticed a helmet lock on my hawk under the left rear side cover. Hawk comes with a basic tool kit. Parts are parts :)

Hawk has more aggressive off road type tires that are street legal DOT approved. TT tires are less aggressive and likely better for street use.

I've had many china bikes, i wouldn't let the forks of the TT sway your opinion, the forkes on the Hawk work pretty well. Same for the balanced engine on the TT, I've had both and don't consider it a game changer....

I forget who it was on the board here that has both and preferred the non CB motor, so go figure.

The real major difference is CARB cert.

culcune 11-30-2016 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilserchinarider (Post 237072)

Two major differences-- EPA/DOT for the TT250 (street legal in ALL states) EPA off-road certification for the Hawk (street legal in MANY states due to street equipment)

Mudflap 11-30-2016 08:27 AM

I have both the balance shaft and standard engines and prefer the standard, however mine are 200 cc engines which could make a difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilserchinarider (Post 237072)
I believe I noticed a helmet lock on my hawk under the left rear side cover. Hawk comes with a basic tool kit. Parts are parts :)

Hawk has more aggressive off road type tires that are street legal DOT approved. TT tires are less aggressive and likely better for street use.

I've had many china bikes, i wouldn't let the forks of the TT sway your opinion, the forkes on the Hawk work pretty well. Same for the balanced engine on the TT, I've had both and don't consider it a game changer....

I forget who it was on the board here that has both and preferred the non CB motor, so go figure.

tommy. 11-30-2016 09:30 AM

I have a TT :tup: and a Hawk:tdown:. I would buy another TT before a Hawk.

Merlin 11-30-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy. (Post 237077)
I have a TT :tup: and a Hawk:tdown:. I would buy another TT before a Hawk.

Why?

tommy. 11-30-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 237079)
Why?

It's my opinion about my two bikes. I like the TT :tup:

Remember Merlin I can't say why because I could be to harsh, can't have that now can we.

mtiberio 11-30-2016 10:37 AM

this whole balance shaft vs not has me thinking. I have had many thumpers, and my TT250 is the smoothest. It feels like it would run at 8200RPM all day, and my hands and feet don't suffer. I cannot imagine it would be better without the balance shaft.

As far as the forks go. I doubt there is any measurable benefit. Certainly the "adjustable" rear shock on my TT is still a sh*t shock. I'd certainly feel better taking apart the conventional fork of the Hawk.

nice not having to worry about electric heated gear with the 300W alternator on the TT.