ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Web Deals - NEW! (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Brozz 250 Speedo Correction using SpeedoDRD (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=27572)

Musictrek 10-30-2020 01:44 AM

Brozz 250 Speedo Correction using SpeedoDRD

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23206I installed the SpeedoDRD on the Brozz 250 with success and programed the little device with accuracy to a GPS signal with ease. The Brozz has three wires coming off the wheel signal sensor. The wires are Red, Green and Yellow. When wiring up the SpeedoDRD. The signal wire coming from the Brozz is the Red wire. Green is common ground and Yellow is positive. I believe any of the SpeedoDRD would work to wire up cause none of them have the right plug and play connections. I just clipped the connectors off and just hard wired to the wires coming from the wheel signal side. I can still unplug the connector from the digital display if needed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...88a677cb318cac

https://radpaul.weebly.com/brozz-and-hawk-250.html

JerryHawk250 10-30-2020 06:42 AM

I installed one on my X22R. Well worth the money to have an accurate Speedo.:tup:

The SpeedoDRD-U1 is the universal kit. It will have bullet connectors included with the kit. ;)

Musictrek 10-30-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 348227)
I installed one on my X22R. Well worth the money to have an accurate Speedo.:tup:

It does keep me from thinking this bike goes so fast when I really was only going gps 55 when Brozz said 62. Wait a minute, these numbers sound like early retirement lol.:lmao:

JerryHawk250 10-30-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 348232)
It does keep me from thinking this bike goes so fast when I really was only going gps 55 when Brozz said 62. Wait a minute, these numbers sound like early retirement lol.:lmao:

:p I am 62. lol
Here's a link to the SpeedoDRD U1. It doesn't have a connector installed on it but includes the bullet connectors. https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-2014...UAAOSwSy5dQa7f

Musictrek 10-31-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 348234)
:p I am 62. lol
Here's a link to the SpeedoDRD U1. It doesn't have a connector installed on it but includes the bullet connectors. https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-2014...UAAOSwSy5dQa7f

I should use these next time
https://www.amazon.com/Glarks-Waterp...166956&sr=8-15

JerryHawk250 11-05-2020 10:48 AM

I just picked up the SpeedoDRD off of Ebay for $45. I put one on my watch list a few days ago that was $65. I was just sent an offer by the seller for $45. I jumped on it. I've picked up a few good deals like that. I found out if you watch an item with one left most of the time they will make you an offer after a few days. I picked up a 11:1 Wiseco piston and Hot Cam for a fraction of the original cost for my X22R that way.

Musictrek 11-05-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 348529)
I just picked up the SpeedoDRD off of Ebay for $45. I put one on my watch list a few days ago that was $65. I was just sent an offer by the seller for $45. I jumped on it. I've picked up a few good deals like that. I found out if you watch an item with one left most of the time they will make you an offer after a few days. I picked up a 11:1 Wiseco piston and Hot Cam for a fraction of the original cost for my X22R that way.

That was a good price!

JohnC 11-09-2020 03:10 PM

I had a conversation with 12oclocklabs. Sent them pictures of the connections on the Brozz. Turns out the connectors are the same as for the Honda Code H1. But the wires need to be re-pinned. If you get the H1 unit, to make it work change the wires on the Speedodrd unit.

On the connector to the Speed Sensor side, switch the red and white wires. (These are male connectors.) On the gage side connector of the Speedodrd unit, switch the red and blue wires. (These are female connectors.)

In order to get connectors loose to come out of the connector, you have to squeeze little tabs that hold the metal connectors in the plastic. Need good eyes to see the tabs.

Once you switch the wires on both connectors on the Speedodrd unit, they will plug right into the Brozz speed sensor and gage. Just like it was made for it.

JerryHawk250 11-09-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnC (Post 348780)
I had a conversation with 12oclocklabs. Sent them pictures of the connections on the Brozz. Turns out the connectors are the same as for the Honda Code H1. But the wires need to be re-pinned. If you get the H1 unit, to make it work change the wires on the Speedodrd unit.

On the connector to the Speed Sensor side, switch the red and white wires. (These are male connectors.) On the gage side connector of the Speedodrd unit, switch the red and blue wires. (These are female connectors.)

In order to get connectors loose to come out of the connector, you have to squeeze little tabs that hold the metal connectors in the plastic. Need good eyes to see the tabs.

Once you switch the wires on both connectors on the Speedodrd unit, they will plug right into the Brozz speed sensor and gage. Just like it was made for it.

The H1 is what i just installed on my Venom Ghost. I only had to swap the white and blue signal wires as they were reversed. I think the H1 will fit most of these China bikes. Yu will just have to verify the proper pin out but at lease the connectors are the same.

Musictrek 11-09-2020 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23292I got rid of the stock wire connector all together. went with this.

https://radpaul.weebly.com/brozz-and-hawk-250.html

Marc Hufnagel 08-22-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnC (Post 348780)

Ok I got the H1 in the mail today but for some reason it’s definitely not working as intended. I determined that my speedometer reads 5 high at 60. I flipped the red and white wires on the one speedodrd connector as mentioned and the double red either the blue.

I found I need a -8.30 from the calculator in their website.

After printing out the instructions I programmed it as indicated but am getting random numbers on the speedometer when moving, especially seeing 199 but lots of other numbers too. Thoughts? Wanted to ask as you have done this successfully. Thanks.

JerryHawk250 08-23-2021 08:23 AM

Reset it back to factory settings and start over. If you mess up while setting up it will be damn near impossible to calibrate. I know on my X22R i had kind of the same issue. Once i reset it and started over it worked perfect.

Marc Hufnagel 08-23-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 365176)
Reset it back to factory settings and start over. If you mess up while setting up it will be damn near impossible to calibrate. I know on my X22R i had kind of the same issue. Once i reset it and started over it worked perfect.

Hmm reset and reprogram the same thing. Random numbers and lots of 199.

Reset I followed for v4 (confirmed I have v4)

hold 10 red blinks then release.
fast red/green
hold, then release after color cycle to green.
then red/yellow (orange as indicated) then leds shut off.

then ign off then back on. hold 5 red, then hold until red led then release.
hold 10 red blinks
hold red 8
hold red 3.

-8.3 correction.

JerryHawk250 08-23-2021 11:42 AM

I didn't use the calculator on the web site. I used the formula for GPS calculation. Try calculating it that way and try again.

Using the Speed of a GPS device the formula is:
Correction Percentage = ((GPS Speed / Speedometer Readout) * 100) – 100.

Marc Hufnagel 08-23-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 365183)
I didn't use the calculator on the web site. I used the formula for GPS calculation. Try calculating it that way and try again.

Using the Speed of a GPS device the formula is:
Correction Percentage = ((GPS Speed / Speedometer Readout) * 100) – 100.

I have no idea then. Using that I get 9.09

With it still inline I did a factory reset and drove forward a bit and got wildly fluctuating numbers which I also got using 9.09 (both negative percent and positive just for fun)