ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Brozz electrical issue! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19246)

joker 06-01-2017 04:09 PM

Brozz electrical issue!

Hello so I just purchased a new battery but for some reason I can't get any power. I can kick start the bike and everything lights up but no power when I turn the key and use the battery to start it. Please any suggestions?

JerryHawk250 06-01-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker (Post 257957)
Hello so I just purchased a new battery but for some reason I can't get any power. I can kick start the bike and everything lights up but no power when I turn the key and use the battery to start it. Please any suggestions?

Check all connections from the starter button to the connection to your starter solenoid and make sure there is power going to it when you push the starter button. Does the Brozz have a safety switch on the kick stand? might check that too if it does. There should be 2 red wires on the positive post of the battery. one with a fuse and the other to the solenoid. Make sure they are both hooked up.

joker 06-01-2017 04:51 PM

I checked the ground which was I think a green wire under the gas tank connected to the spark plug module. I took it off and I was able to start the bike by kicking it over, everything lit up when the bike started, I was also able to use the electric start when the bike was running. It's got to be something that just has to do with the connections to the battery

JerryHawk250 06-01-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker (Post 257964)
I checked the ground which was I think a green wire under the gas tank connected to the spark plug module. I took it off and I was able to start the bike by kicking it over, everything lit up when the bike started, I was also able to use the electric start when the bike was running. It's got to be something that just has to do with the connections to the battery

Could be one of the safety switches like clutch lever switch, neutral switch.

JerryHawk250 06-01-2017 05:25 PM

Just thought of something. Doesn't the Brozz have a remote start? I know some have had issues with it.

joker 06-01-2017 05:33 PM

Ok so far I've checked the grounds on the plug and on the starter, along with the clutch switch. Neutral switch idk how to check although the green neutral indicator light is on when in neutral. Any other ideas?

joker 06-01-2017 05:35 PM

It does have the remote! I wonder how I would go about adjusting it

JerryHawk250 06-01-2017 05:45 PM

Temporarily disable the remote and see if that works. See this thread. http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ghlight=remote

joker 06-01-2017 06:55 PM

Ok so I disconnected the remote and alarm exactly how that thread showed. When I kick the bike over to turn it on it starts fine runs and idles. When I turn the key off then back on the guage cluster flashes blue then turns off. How can I upload a video to show exactly what it's doing?

BigWeld 06-01-2017 07:30 PM

This might sound stupid, but did you put acid in the new battery, and allow it to "soak" before charging it with only 1 or 2 amps?

joker 06-02-2017 11:48 AM

Yes haha I did I also purchased a brand new maintenance free battery. I read the wires going into the harness from the battery might be too thin to let the voltage threw. If I turn the bike on by kicking then turn the key off and back on, the rpm guage will light up for a split second then turn back off.

JerryHawk250 06-02-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker (Post 258038)
Yes haha I did I also purchased a brand new maintenance free battery. I read the wires going into the harness from the battery might be too thin to let the voltage threw. If I turn the bike on by kicking then turn the key off and back on, the rpm guage will light up for a split second then turn back off.

Did you check the fuse?

joker 06-02-2017 01:59 PM

Where would that be located? I really appreciate your help!

JerryHawk250 06-02-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker (Post 258060)
Where would that be located? I really appreciate your help!

it should be right by the battery on one of the red wires. Mine is in a white housing.

joker 06-02-2017 02:05 PM

Thank you I'll check once I'm out of work!