ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Registration Issues (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Plate Stolen (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24696)

Magician16 10-05-2019 05:03 PM

Plate Stolen

I had my Magician parked in the garage, and I'd taken side panels and exhaust off for maintenance. They were laying on the floor beside the bike. I didn't get around to putting it back together 'til today, so it's been sitting there for a week, cold and raining here every day. Put it together, started it and was warming it up for a ride when I noticed my license plate was gone. Somebody actually came in the garage and stole it.

tortoise 10-05-2019 05:54 PM

If city, county, or state law enforcement utilize license plate readers . . pretty good odds of eventual detection.

wedooit 10-06-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magician16 (Post 320665)
I had my Magician parked in the garage, and I'd taken side panels and exhaust off for maintenance. They were laying on the floor beside the bike. I didn't get around to putting it back together 'til today, so it's been sitting there for a week, cold and raining here every day. Put it together, started it and was warming it up for a ride when I noticed my license plate was gone. Somebody actually came in the garage and stole it.

Miracle they didn't take anything else. Darn thieves!

culcune 10-06-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortoise (Post 320668)
If city, county, or state law enforcement utilize license plate readers . . pretty good odds of eventual detection.

Magician16, you did report this, correct?

Armycopter 10-07-2019 08:27 PM

Could it have fallen off on your last ride and you didn’t notice?

Magician16 10-11-2019 11:52 AM

I reported it, and I had to get another plate. I had it bolted on one side with a heavy zip tie holding the other side. The cut zip tie was lying beside the bike.

OneLeggedRider 10-11-2019 05:36 PM

Getting a plate stolen off a street bike is a pretty common thing and here's why. A guy might have a bike that is a little iffy and can't get a title for it. Or maybe he's like me and doesn't like pulling over for a cop when he knows he can just twist the throttle and be gone in meer seconds.

For a year and a half I rode my KZ650 around with a plate so old it had some rust on it and hadn't been stickered for 7yrs. I had this cop follow me all the way through the city of Marietta and when we stopped at the last light he turned on the lights. I gave him the universal peace symbol and engaged the warp drive. Seconds later he was nothing but an unpleasant memory on an otherwise pleasant day.

wedooit 10-12-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider (Post 321160)
Getting a plate stolen off a street bike is a pretty common thing and here's why. A guy might have a bike that is a little iffy and can't get a title for it. Or maybe he's like me and doesn't like pulling over for a cop when he knows he can just twist the throttle and be gone in meer seconds.

For a year and a half I rode my KZ650 around with a plate so old it had some rust on it and hadn't been stickered for 7yrs. I had this cop follow me all the way through the city of Marietta and when we stopped at the last light he turned on the lights. I gave him the universal peace symbol and engaged the warp drive. Seconds later he was nothing but an unpleasant memory on an otherwise pleasant day.

Excerpts from the onelegged chronicals!:lmao:

Magician16 02-03-2024 05:22 PM

Resurrection of this old thread. I just got off the phone with my son. He's using my truck in North Dakota while I'm in Chandler, AZ. It's a 2001 Ram 3/4 ton. His wife was driving the truck a couple days ago because her car needs repair. She noticed that even though a current registration was in the center console, the tabs on the license plates were from 2020. Somebody stole the tabs off the license plates. Probably used a razor blade. Now I think I know who stole both the tabs and the motorcycle plate. Next door neighbor's son is most likely the culprit. When I get back, I'm going to check his plates.