ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   News, Support, & Feedback (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   China Riders Convention? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=3230)

Mavrick 05-21-2008 03:58 PM

China Riders Convention?

I was thinking about how wonderful this site is and how everyone is so friendly. (Especially ImEazy!) And I thought that maybe it would be awesome to have some sort of convention each year where we all meet up and ride! Eh? Who's with me?

maf119l 05-21-2008 04:50 PM

We have tried to get something like that going before,but so far it has not worked out.Everyone has work or tight budget.Now that we are gettng a lot of new members,maybe we can get something started.Maybe something in a couple of diffrent area's so it would not be so too for someone to drive.

TeamCheap 05-21-2008 05:24 PM

Yep sounds great and I'd love to get together for some fun rides but I/we wont go unless its close enough to us like in michigan, ohio, indiana or pennsylvania.

Ohio is iffy since I suspect the state troopers would be lining the trails much like they do the expressways. :lol:

culcune 05-21-2008 05:25 PM

We've discussed an Arizona ride.

liverchip 05-21-2008 05:31 PM

Kalifornia rides have also been kicked around.

kczukiman 05-21-2008 05:32 PM

Where ever it is I'll bet it would make the news. :D
I'll ride in the back.Can't have too many spare parts. :wink:

SpeedSouth 05-21-2008 08:10 PM

I keep waiting for someone to kick around an Atlanta ride. I think Kato works too much. I might have to get his schedule and just follow him to work one day...lol

I'd be willing to ride the the EX into a neighbor state for a meet...if it wouldn't offend anyone.

We should be able to group a Southeast, Northeast, Southwest and Mid-West meet fairly easy...and then let those planning to make the trip decide what's the most neutral location for them.

I guess I am stating the obvious. 8) :lol:

katoranger 05-21-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedSouth
I keep waiting for someone to kick around an Atlanta ride. I think Kato works too much. I might have to get his schedule and just follow him to work one day...l

I guess I am stating the obvious. 8) :lol:

What's a day off?

currently off on Thursday and Fridays, but only if one of my other jobs doesn't call.

Allen

IronFist 05-21-2008 08:27 PM

I'll travel 100 miles to meet a ChinaRider. 8O
I'll travel 200 miles to meet a group. :D

TeamCheap 05-21-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronFist
I'll travel 200 miles to meet a group. :D

We travel that far(one way) just to get to the trails, we ride then turn around and head home. :lol:

I/we would travel to neighboring states to have a fun weekend get together.Of course I'm talking of trailering our stuff and doing the HEAVY driving in the cushy TB then breaking out the bikes when we arrive.

We actually have talked about going to the east coast and dragging our bikes along in the trailer to have something fun to sight see on.
(my wife has never seen an ocean-but we're surrounded by the great lakes- :roll: )

I might even go the ferry route over to wisconsin, that is fun.

katoranger 05-21-2008 08:58 PM

A SE get together in North GA or NC would be about as far as I could go.

Allen

Mavrick 05-21-2008 09:26 PM

Where do you live, IronFist.

And I'm in the MidSouth.

katoranger 05-21-2008 09:37 PM

He is in the great white north with Red Green.

Allen

DesertDog 05-21-2008 11:52 PM

well what time should i start the bbq IN MY BACK YARD ! huhmmmm

need a moderator, administrator, 8O

how about this someone type up an application form , like joining a club only for lets say a group organization, like a family reunion.

fill it out mail it in (yes email it as well) , to someone that would like to be a cordinator

1st year in charleston sc , just a general idea,
then 2nd yr maybe the midwest (mn) so canada wont have to far to go eh!
3rd yr southern states GA
and so on till eventually we fall off into the pacific ocean and swim our way to china for the mega grand reunion, :?:

VinceDrake 05-22-2008 12:20 AM

WOooOO!!! Minnesota! Rock On! I'm in! (Short Drive from here.... :))

--Vince