ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   got hit! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20124)

timcosby 10-19-2017 09:17 PM

got hit!

right in the left side. caught it out of the corner of my eye in time to raise my left foot. big ol coon ran right into me!:lmao: bent the hell out of the shifter. shifted with my heel till i got back home. bfh fixed the shifter right back into place.

JerryHawk250 10-19-2017 10:02 PM

Lol, Well? Did the coon make it? Lol just consider yourself lucky that you didn't crash. My brother in law nailed a big dog once and just about totaled his Harley

pete 10-20-2017 12:22 AM

my mate years ago ran into a swarm of bees....
pissed off bees are not fun...

timcosby 10-20-2017 01:21 AM

i was on my way to eat and it was dark so i didnt see where he went but he wasnt in the road when i came back. i see deer in that same place at night all the time thats what worries me that would hurt.

2LZ 10-20-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timcosby (Post 267361)
I see deer in that same place at night all the time thats what worries me that would hurt.

I nailed a deer about a month ago. Riding in Volcano is like riding through a petting zoo.
Came darting out from a creek with brush that hung over the road. A nanosecond time to react. Fortunately I was coming off a steep hill riding the brakes. I caught it in the rear end and spun the deer around like a top. The RX3 handled it well.....but I chalk it up to more luck than anything.

Glad to hear your bike is ok. Can't say so much for the coon!

Megadan 10-20-2017 02:41 PM

Yeah, that could have been way worse! If all it cost was a messed up shifter, then it makes for a great story lol. I ran over a Possum with the back wheel of my Goldwing - the bastard ran out and I missed him with the front wheel (thankfully), which was enough force to make the rear wheel leave the ground for a couple of seconds... felt like an hour. Glad I didn't do whatever the wrong thing to do in that situation was lol.

culcune 10-20-2017 08:12 PM

I have to laugh because I hit a dog the other night. I don't think I mentioned that I work as an independent contractor for a local courier company here in the Yuma metropolitan area (much, much bigger that you would think since it includes miles of county areas) after my day job. I had a delivery out in California (Yuma is on the California state line as well) in a way out place. Most of what I courier is food from restaurants that don't usually deliver (think Doordash, Ubereats, Grubhub, Postmates, etc). The customer I had delivered to several times lives on a 2-lane road several miles north of Yuma. This customer lives near a 'terror' dog (Chihuaha) that chases me for several hundred feet. I always have this dog on my mind. What I wasn't prepared for was a much larger dog about 2 miles out. It dashed across the road, and started chasing me, as well as its buddy, and I was able to outrun both of them. Well, on the way back following the drop off (and getting chased a second time by the reliable neighbor's Chihuhua). I forgot where I saw the larger dogs, and sure enough, out of the darkness, came the terror, and BUMP! as it tried biting my scooter, I felt a solid thud of my kickstand hitting the dog squarely in the head at about 50 mph. I glanced back but only could see the second dog trying to pick up where its (fallen?) buddy had relented, so I dared not double back. If it makes anyone feel better, the customer ordered something else, and I reluctantly took the order, but where I remembered hitting the dog, there was no sign of anything and I did look both ways both going to the customer's home and on my way back to Yuma following the second delivery.

BlackBike 10-21-2017 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 267376)
I have to laugh because I hit a dog the other night. I don't think I mentioned that I work as an independent contractor for a local courier company here in the Yuma metropolitan area (much, much bigger that you would think since it includes miles of county areas) after my day job. I had a delivery out in California (Yuma is on the California state line as well) in a way out place. Most of what I courier is food from restaurants that don't usually deliver (think Doordash, Ubereats, Grubhub, Postmates, etc). The customer I had delivered to several times lives on a 2-lane road several miles north of Yuma. This customer lives near a 'terror' dog (Chihuaha) that chases me for several hundred feet. I always have this dog on my mind. What I wasn't prepared for was a much larger dog about 2 miles out. It dashed across the road, and started chasing me, as well as its buddy, and I was able to outrun both of them. Well, on the way back following the drop off (and getting chased a second time by the reliable neighbor's Chihuhua). I forgot where I saw the larger dogs, and sure enough, out of the darkness, came the terror, and BUMP! as it tried biting my scooter, I felt a solid thud of my kickstand hitting the dog squarely in the head at about 50 mph. I glanced back but only could see the second dog trying to pick up where its (fallen?) buddy had relented, so I dared not double back. If it makes anyone feel better, the customer ordered something else, and I reluctantly took the order, but where I remembered hitting the dog, there was no sign of anything and I did look both ways both going to the customer's home and on my way back to Yuma following the second delivery.

Damm!!

The worst I've done is run over a squirrel's tail:hehe: lucky sob.

culcune 10-21-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 267385)
Damm!!

The worst I've done is run over a squirrel's tail:hehe: lucky sob.

:lol: At least you can eat squirrel...

BlackBike 10-21-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 267388)
:lol: At least you can eat squirrel...

That got me think about a dog on a spit but found this instead...more unrelated banter:hehe:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/...vernepator-cur

culcune 10-21-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 267407)
That got me think about a dog on a spit but found this instead...more unrelated banter:hehe:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/...vernepator-cur

Maybe they roasted squirrels using those dogs??!! :)

timcosby 02-21-2018 12:37 AM

almost hit a bison out in yellowstone last summer. doing 25mph and just as i got to him he wheeled around and crossed the road his tail almost hit my left hand. should of patted him on the butt as i passed.

Sir kayakalot 02-21-2018 08:17 AM

I'm thinking if you hit a bison all it would do is piss him off.... those things are huge and you just can't appreciate how big til you're up close to one

Mudflap 02-21-2018 09:22 AM

Worst thing I've hit on a bike was a moose. That was about 5 years ago in Alaska on my touring bike. I'll take a raccoon any day.