ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   new owner/new to the group (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19096)

nickle_wayne 05-18-2017 02:57 PM

new owner/new to the group

Hello all!! Just purchased my Hawk!! Pretty excited about doing the mods and seeing what she will do. I will check all threads, but may have a few questions along the way, please forgive me in advance for my ignorance!!! Looking forward to my Hawk experience!!!:clap:

nickle_wayne 05-18-2017 03:20 PM

one quick question about the threads, before I signed up and logged in, and was just browsing, I feel like when I clicked on a thread, I would see the original post first and then the responses in the order they were added; now that I have logged in, it is the opposite, I see the most recent response first and have to go to the very end to see the original post.

Is there a setting to change this that I am missing?

Bruce's 05-18-2017 03:25 PM

There is a setting but I have no idea how to change it other than it would be in your settings section .

JerryHawk250 05-18-2017 03:51 PM

In your User Control Panel go to edit options then Thread Display Options Towards the bottom of the page there is a place to chance it. Oh yeah , welcome aboard. :hi: Main thing to do to Hawk before you even ride it is Change the oil, check and tighten all bolts (use Loctite) and grease axles and swing arm bolt. The rest of the mods you can do after the motor is broke in. Take it easy those 1st few hundred miles.

nickle_wayne 05-18-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 256291)
In your User Control Panel go to edit options then Thread Display Options Towards the bottom of the page there is a place to chance it. Oh yeah , welcome aboard. :hi: Main thing to do to Hawk before you even ride it is Change the oil, check and tighten all bolts (use Loctite) and grease axles and swing arm bolt. The rest of the mods you can do after the motor is broke in. Take it easy those 1st few hundred miles.

thanks for the info, problem fixed.

JerryHawk250 05-18-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickle_wayne (Post 256293)
thanks for the info, problem fixed.

Glad to help. So do you have the Hawk or just have it ordered?

nickle_wayne 05-18-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 256294)
Glad to help. So do you have the Hawk or just have it ordered?

Picking it up tomorrow, bought it from an individual. It has 71 miles on it. Current owner had to put a new battery on it out of the crate, but that is all they have done. They have already tagged it and are waiting on the title to return.

hertz9753 05-18-2017 08:23 PM

I like the red ones.

old kid 05-18-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 256291)

like jerryhawk said before you ride it change the oil,, if you dont do anything else before you take it for a ride get the rice oil out of it.

BTW nice bike :tup:

JerryHawk250 05-18-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickle_wayne (Post 256320)
Picking it up tomorrow, bought it from an individual. It has 71 miles on it. Current owner had to put a new battery on it out of the crate, but that is all they have done. They have already tagged it and are waiting on the title to return.

Good deal. I would still do everything I said just to be on the safe side. Hopefully the previous owner did a good job of prepping the bike.

dpl096 05-18-2017 09:27 PM

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new bike! Can't stress enough to not take what the previous owner said they may or may not have checked. Change the fluids and go over every fastener with loctite. Be safe, ride smart, make memories and have fun:tup:

Megadan 05-18-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 256337)
Good deal. I would still do everything I said just to be on the safe side. Hopefully the previous owner did a good job of prepping the bike.

I agree with this. I have a personal saying, "never trust your life to anybody that isn't you." Take the time to check everything over before you ride it too much. Congrats on your purchase!

nickle_wayne 05-18-2017 09:47 PM

Thanks to everyone, I will go over everything mentioned. It's like Christmas Eve over here, just want to get It home and get started. Looking forward to good times!!!

BlackBike 05-18-2017 11:03 PM

Save that oil for authentic stir fry
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...314ae75a7f.jpg

It was on the menu tonight , stir fry vegetables and rice ...just plain good food!

Weldangrind 05-19-2017 02:13 AM

Welcome, Nickle Wayne! Thanks for joining us.