ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   TT250 home made tidy tail (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34091)

superjocko 04-12-2024 04:53 AM

TT250 home made tidy tail

5 Attachment(s)
The stock taillight on the newer TT250 is decent enough looking, and the turn signals themselves are nice, small LED units, but the fender extension had to go. Also, after a couple mostly self-induced but partially tire-induced little tip-over spills on my single track adventure a couple weeks ago I had tweaked the right rear turn signal bracket pretty good. I straightened it on the spot enough to be serviceable but I couldn't help but think the rear signals could be tucked in a little tighter and therefore better protected. I will say that I was pretty impressed that the turn signal itself came out unscathed.

So... That lead me to this afternoon/evening/late night project. I'm well pleased with how it turned out. Please pay no mind to the tweaked license plate bracket. I cobbled up the stock one to sort of fit my vision for how I want to mount the plate, but the tweaked stock bracket is temporary as I'll be heading over to a friend's shop to make a proper aluminum bracket on a metal brake. Anyhow, enough of my rambling. The pictures will tell the rest of the story better than more words.

edit: The first picture is how it was stock.

superjocko 04-12-2024 04:55 AM

A few more pictures

5 Attachment(s)
And the last batch of pictures...

TominMO 04-12-2024 07:02 AM

Nice! Personally I would get rid of the advertising and side reflectors as well, for a cleaner look. If you needed the reflectors for inspections, you could just reattach them temporarily. But if you ride at night you might want to retain them. I do get that the license plate surround does give you a little more "fender".

Sport Rider 04-12-2024 08:20 AM

yeah, I'd lose the CSC advertising too.

superjocko 04-12-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 406854)
Nice! Personally I would get rid of the advertising and side reflectors as well, for a cleaner look. If you needed the reflectors for inspections, you could just reattach them temporarily. But if you ride at night you might want to retain them. I do get that the license plate surround does give you a little more "fender".

The side reflectors are on the 90-degree corners of the modified stock plate bracket. I already had to mess with it enough (cutting off and grinding down spot welds for extra parts on it, etc.) to get it tweaked into kind-of fitting, so I didn't bother with cutting off the ends the reflectors mount to. When I make a proper bracket the reflectors will get the heave-ho.

The plate frame is currently hiding some of the ugliness of the hacked and tweaked stock plate bracket. I'll cut a thin sheet of UHMW plastic the exact size of the plate to act as a stiffener and mount that and the plate up to my proper bracket once I make it. I just have to wait for my buddy to get back in town and get some of his front-burner projects out of the way before I go over to his shop to properly fabricate a suitable bracket. One thing I lack at home is a proper metal brake to do quality bending. This shabby bracket, and hiding some of it with the plate frame, will do in the meantime.