ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Ride Reports (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   first run around town (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17841)

pistolclass 12-01-2016 04:24 PM

first run around town

I got my Hawk back in the spring and didn't get around to registering it until just recently. I have mostly been offroad and a little jaunt on the road I live on.

Today the weather was dry and about 55 degrees so I ventured out on the roads. I haven't driven on the street in 25 years. I'm still drive like everyone is trying to kill me. I'm very defensive rider.

Well I can tell you the ride was outstanding. I buzzed around Lyman's orchards then rode to powder ridge ski resort. What a great ride. Next time I will record the trip.

JerryHawk250 12-01-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 237193)
I got my Hawk back in the spring and didn't get around to registering it until just recently. I have mostly been offroad and a little jaunt on the road I live on.

Today the weather was dry and about 55 degrees so I ventured out on the roads. I haven't driven on the street in 25 years. I'm still drive like everyone is trying to kill me. I'm very defensive rider.

Well I can tell you the ride was outstanding. I buzzed around Lyman's orchards then rode to powder ridge ski resort. What a great ride. Next time I will record the trip.

LOL I know the feeling. It wasn't 25 years but long enough to were I stuck to back roads out in the country to avoid other vehicles. But I got over it real quick. I still avoid the city riding because people just don't look out for us. To much talking on phone and texting and driving. I was going to ride this weekend but 75% chance of cold rain.

2LZ 12-01-2016 04:42 PM

Congrats on the ride! Freedom is a cool feeling...but you're right, especially since the advent of the cell phone. They really are out to kill you...and their drunk, and blind, and deaf. It's just a matter of getting used to it and watching your wits.

Keep cruising!

pistolclass 12-01-2016 06:47 PM

Winter is starting to take hold in CT. Not sure if I can wait 4 months to ride again. Any day there is above 50 degrees, I'm riding.

jct842 12-01-2016 07:10 PM

Ride like you are invisible!

pistolclass 12-01-2016 07:25 PM

Everytime a car is near me I look for an escape route. There was one point were I felt the car behind me wasn't paying attention so I pulled to the shoulder and waved her by. Sure enough she was on the phone.

Weldangrind 12-02-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 237193)
I haven't driven on the street in 25 years. I'm still drive like everyone is trying to kill me. I'm very defensive rider.

Do that every time.

Congrats on getting out there! I could ride at this time of year, but this is the rainy season for us. The number of days where it isn't pouring don't justify the insurance until about February.

Merlin 12-02-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 237202)
Winter is starting to take hold in CT. Not sure if I can wait 4 months to ride again. Any day there is above 50 degrees, I'm riding.

Around here Ill be happy with days above freezing. :tup:

BlackBike 12-02-2016 11:57 AM

I drop my florescent yellow left glove a lot when they get too close, flash flood lights , horn, what ever it takes, only to make me feel better, I doubt it does any good .