ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   09 qlink xp 200 clutch problem i think (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14615)

weiser23 04-24-2015 06:03 PM

09 qlink xp 200 clutch problem i think

coming home i was down shifting and a high pitch noise came from engine and it died . I restarted the bike noise still there left out clutch and it died i did get it started and limped home. even in neutral it it go seems to be in gear or at least a heavy drag when engine is running i can go through the gear no grinding but let out the clutch in neutral and there is rubbing noise it slips bad in 5th when just trying to start from stand still and there is alot of play in clutch handle. I hope some one can point me in the right direction to get my bike back up and running bike has 31000 km on it

humanbeing 04-24-2015 07:09 PM

With that mileage, the fraction plate maybe worn OR other parts ... Ref to http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14564 for how to open the case ...

weiser23 04-24-2015 08:20 PM

i use 10 w 40 motorcycle oil when i start out in first gear and leave off the gas is slows down fast feels like the breaks are on even if you push it backward its like break are on hard. as soon as you put it in neutral it frees up

humanbeing 04-25-2015 12:25 AM

Adjust the cable may solves it .Otherwise, u need investigate what's F***ed inside the case .Situation varies in each bike ...Up-shift w/o clutch (very easy to learn) saves it from early wearing.

weiser23 04-25-2015 06:29 AM

Would the clutch make first gear feel like the breaks are on .and I can go through the gears at a stand still with the clutch on ...I really dont have the ways and means to rip that engine down

weiser23 04-25-2015 08:37 AM

I mean I could probably handle the clutch but to split cases I just don't have a place to do it. That why im asking if the stuff im describing could just be a clutch. And are qlink clutch assembly compatible.with other companies

weiser23 04-25-2015 09:00 PM

I did adjust the clutch cable and it didn't help. Starting out in first gear and when you leave off the gas and it feels like the breaks are on, if you lift the back wheel and hit the gas in first gear spins normally and when you leave off the gas it stops abruptly

Adjuster 04-25-2015 10:41 PM

Does the wheel spin freely in the air with clutch engaged or in neutral? Stuck/dragging brakes are very common.

/

weiser23 04-26-2015 11:15 AM

Wheel spins freely in neutral spins in first grear till you pull in the clutch than it stops like you slammed on the breaks

The Thinker 04-26-2015 02:07 PM

So just to understand what is happening here, the wheel spins freely when in neutral but if you change gears to first while pulling in the clutch the wheel stops and has resistance?

weiser23 04-26-2015 03:01 PM

Yes in first gear the wheel.spins you rev the engine wheel spins fine if you put the clutch in it stops fast and has a lot of resistance

The Thinker 04-26-2015 03:10 PM

I dont think that is internal. If the clutch wasn't adjusted correctly the wheel would keep spinning when you pull in the clutch in 1st gear. As Adjuster said, this sounds more like rubbing brakes...

weiser23 04-26-2015 04:06 PM

The only thing is as soon as you.put it in neutral it frees up I will check.breaks.
I.tried with engine off and.same thing.heavy resistance in gear but fine in neutral

Adjuster 04-26-2015 04:12 PM

Something is very unusual with your problem. If you fully engage the clutch the wheel should spin freely no resistance and no matter what gear. What happens to the wheel spin if you have it in neutral and engage the clutch? I am very interested to hear what turns up to be causing this problem.

/

Adjuster 04-26-2015 04:17 PM

I am going to guess after reading over your thread something has had a catastrophic failure. Either your clutch or gearing has completely failed. Does the engine run and idle fine in neutral?

/

The Thinker 04-26-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 183634)
I am going to guess after reading over your thread something has had a catastrophic failure. Either your clutch or gearing has completely failed. Does the engine run and idle fine in neutral?

I am beginning to think the same thing. If it were me I would remove the engine from the bike and spend a day or two carefully tearing it apart and checking out whats going on in there. Once you get in there you will most likely see the culprit immediately.

Adjuster 04-26-2015 04:52 PM

I don't know if you have to remove the engine but start with the clutch and look for the broken part then move on to the gearbox. Like Thinker said it will probably be pretty obvious when you find it.

/

weiser23 04-26-2015 06:59 PM

Even with engine off in any gear there is residence but not in neutral and.slips in.fifth. I never had trouble with the.clutch prior to.this.it all start with a high pitched noise and the engine stalling

weiser23 04-26-2015 07:04 PM

Can a clutch just go out all of sudden I.guess is what I should have asked in the first place and what are.the signs or normal things that can happen

weiser23 04-26-2015 07:07 PM

Engine runs good

Adjuster 04-26-2015 07:36 PM

Going out all the sudden is what tells me something has actually failed/broken as opposed to worn out.

/

weiser23 04-26-2015 07:51 PM

I will start with clutch go.from there .I got.4 years out of a
$ 1200 dollar bike mite have to up grade ..it sucks I just put new tires on it

The Thinker 04-27-2015 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weiser23 (Post 183648)
I will start with clutch go.from there .I got.4 years out of a
$ 1200 dollar bike mite have to up grade ..it sucks I just put new tires on it

I paid $1,900 for mine after catchup registrations etc and have gotten 7 months out of it >:( however my situation is not as bad as yours appears to be. You can check out my thread here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14564

How I see it is I got a new Suzuki supermoto (engine is made in suzuki factory) for under $2k and knew something was going to give out, however TaoBao makes replacements ridiculously cheap. My plan is to fix my XF200 then ride the shit out of it till I save enough to get a WR250R, DRZ400, or RX-3. Then I will sell the XF200 for whatever is appropriate and put that into extras for the new bike.

I say just open up your engine, see what needs replacing, replace it, then A) ride the bike again, or B) sell it and put the money towards another bike.

weiser23 04-27-2015 08:54 AM

Thanks for your input will keep you.posted

Weldangrind 04-27-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weiser23 (Post 183556)
I mean I could probably handle the clutch but to split cases I just don't have a place to do it. That why im asking if the stuff im describing could just be a clutch. And are qlink clutch assembly compatible.with other companies

The good news is that you do not have to split the case to inspect / service the clutch. Just remove the clutch cover, and take many pics.

weiser23 05-19-2015 05:20 PM

I had a friend over to hear the bike and he also thinks it the clutch ... amazon has dr 200 clutches for sale could anyone tell me if the dr 200 clutch fits a qlink xp200. it has the five spring setup like both the dr and xp

humanbeing 05-19-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weiser23 (Post 185335)
... amazon has dr 200 clutches for sale could anyone tell me if the...

The link?
U can't find the EXACT problem w/o open the case...
Find the ??? 1st
---
btw
Early batch's starter clutch (secretly recall & improved) are famous for fails...
A Brit had this http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?7142 problem after replacing it (cause: no HIGH tensile thread locker...)

weiser23 05-31-2015 09:51 PM

bought a clutch from ebay every thing seem to match but they had 5 steel plates instead of 6 so i used 1 old one and now the clutch wont work at all , it still goes through the gears with engine off, and starts and sounds ok but if you try to start the engine in gear with clutch on it did not work and clutch is real tight. this sucks its the best time to ride and im stuck driving my car

weiser23 06-01-2015 04:46 PM

when i had everything apart it looked OK the push rod bearing plate washer all looked good i measured a few clutch plates and they were acceptable according to the manual. but the manual also shows 5 clutch and 4 steel plates I took out 6 and 6 out , I cant figure out why its not doing anything but make a little noise when engaging the clutch not as much as the old but a little, guess i will take it apart and put old stuff back in and see what happens

weiser23 06-01-2015 06:13 PM

eureka. I looked at the Suzuki diagrammed and they had the clutch plate first i thought i put them in the way i took them out I guess I was wrong now i need a clutch cale and 2 throttle cables and im set

weiser23 06-01-2015 07:30 PM

it seems that i lost second gear. it grinds like hell if i give it gas or down shift. even pushing back and forth with engine off . i guess i will have to skip 2nd

weiser23 09-22-2015 09:35 AM

have been riding without 2nd and 5rd gear for awhile,i tightened my chain cause it was really loose and i started getting really bad grinding , after checking i found the chain was hitting engine guard. so i know the chain is bad.but i started the engine and still have grinding. after take side cover off i found the whole clutch basket had a 1/2 inch movement in all directions, the washer still bent over to keep nut from loosening. what is the next thing to do without opening the cases or trashing the bike.

Mudflap 09-22-2015 09:47 AM

I would remove the clutch assembly to have a look at the splines on the clutch basket. They are usually aluminum and ride on the hardened steel input shaft. They eventually wear out and the clutch becomes loose. A complete clutch assembly runs about $40 on Ebay.

BTW, the clutch basket splines were starting to wear on my Lifan 200 engine so I replaced the clutch. Easy job.

weiser23 09-22-2015 12:08 PM

I took the clutch basket off and it looks like the shaft it self has a lot of play in it ...it should not have a lot of play in it right ??????

Mudflap 09-22-2015 02:51 PM

Correct. The transmission input shaft should not have a lot of play. The shaft is supported by ball bearings on both ends and the only way to change them out is to split the crankcase.

weiser23 09-22-2015 04:03 PM

what would cause the clutch and transmission to act up by just tightening the chain

Mudflap 09-22-2015 04:58 PM

May have nothing to do with tightening the chain but there is a chance it's related. If the chain is overly tight it puts a lot of stress on the countershaft and bearings which could cause problems with other transmission parts.

Rv 09-02-2016 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weiser23 (Post 186328)
bought a clutch from ebay every thing seem to match but they had 5 steel plates instead of 6 so i used 1 old one and now the clutch wont work at all , it still goes through the gears with engine off, and starts and sounds ok but if you try to start the engine in gear with clutch on it did not work and clutch is real tight. this sucks its the best time to ride and im stuck driving my car

So the dr200 clutch works in the xf200?? I've been searching for this answer for weeks haha

2LZ 09-03-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rv (Post 230279)
So the dr200 clutch works in the xf200?? I've been searching for this answer for weeks haha

Hey there. Apologies for the delay. I've heard the 125 clutch will do the trick but my Q Link clutch has yet to need replacing so it's a guess. Wish I could be of more assistance.
I'll do some searching and see what I can come up with.

Rv 09-12-2016 08:06 PM

I got it, the dr200 clutch is a perfect fit!