ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Finally feeling spring fever in the U.P. need a battery (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=23157)

upgasgas1224 03-13-2019 09:49 PM

Finally feeling spring fever in the U.P. need a battery

finally a few days above 32 hasnt been this way since November and now i had the itch to mess with the bike even tho it will still be 2 months till the snow melts and i can hit the trails... bad news the stock csc battery failed over the winter and wont take a charge anyone have any recommendations on a replacement ? i did install the back rack and truck today looks nice not happy with the price and csc forgot to send the hardware for the plate mount and back rest on the trunk but they quickly sent out what i needed back in january and its taken until now for me to stop having cabin fever and feel the need to start prepping for summer. 200plus inches of snow .... so sick of this white bullshiz

upgasgas1224 03-13-2019 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
opinions on these i expected more for the money.

Bud1968 03-13-2019 10:00 PM

I'm in lower Mi. was a little warmer today also, looking forward to getting back on my Hawk, got it late last year so didn't put many miles on it only about 100. I really like the bike, must be awesome riding up there I never have but always wanted to beautiful up there.

upgasgas1224 03-13-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud1968 (Post 303065)
I'm in lower Mi. was a little warmer today also, looking forward to getting back on my Hawk, got it late last year so didn't put many miles on it only about 100. I really like the bike, must be awesome riding up there I never have but always wanted to beautiful up there.

well let me know ive been up here my whole life and know alot of nice trails and places to stop and eat i am planning on taking the bike down there a few times

Bud1968 03-13-2019 10:32 PM

Thanks, that would be awesome I'll definitely keep that in mind.

512customs 03-15-2019 09:02 AM

What part of the UP are you? Been up to copper harbor a few times... I’m wanting to go back this year and bring my hawk so I can hit some trails.

2LZ 03-15-2019 10:28 AM

Opinions on the CSC trunk? It's small but it's VERY sturdy. Far thicker than most inexpensive aftermarket trunks.

mjstef 03-17-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upgasgas1224 (Post 303063)
finally a few days above 32 hasnt been this way since November and now i had the itch to mess with the bike even tho it will still be 2 months till the snow melts and i can hit the trails... bad news the stock csc battery failed over the winter and wont take a charge anyone have any recommendations on a replacement ? i did install the back rack and truck today looks nice not happy with the price and csc forgot to send the hardware for the plate mount and back rest on the trunk but they quickly sent out what i needed back in january and its taken until now for me to stop having cabin fever and feel the need to start prepping for summer. 200plus inches of snow .... so sick of this white bullshiz

Don't you snowmobile? I'm just below Gogebic County in Northern Wisconsin and was grooming trails last night yet. I was hoping it would hang on till the March 31'st closing date so i could at least get a few more miles in but it looks like near 50 all next week......

upgasgas1224 04-02-2019 12:47 AM

sorry for the late reply but im currently in marquette county and sorry your hopes for snowmobiling till the end of march musta fell threw cuz of that big thaw we had

Digger 04-05-2019 08:48 AM

Batter

I bought a battery for my Hawk from a seller on ebay, 40$ shipped to the house. Lead acid, terminals are switched but works fine. I'm from Michigan too. Any good riding around the Big Bay area?

mjstef 04-05-2019 11:37 AM

I'm under the Western UP in Wisconsin and we got 107". Calumet 2 hours north got 300+. We just quit grooming snowmobile trails 2 weeks ago.......