ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   50CC Jonway Scooter Craigslist find. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17169)

andyj812 07-28-2016 12:35 AM

50CC Jonway Scooter Craigslist find.

1 Attachment(s)
I found these 2 scooters on Craigslist for $75.00 each. They were listed as running when parked last year but won't start this year.

andyj812 07-28-2016 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These scooters are both the same 2011 of models, the red one shows a little over 1600 miles on the clock *they register miles not kilometers). the blues on has 266 miles on the clock. The red on had a working battery charger under the seat.

andyj812 07-28-2016 12:45 AM

The first thing I did was adjust the valves on both of them before I attempted to start them. The red one's gas smelled ok so I put a battery in from my daughter's tao tao quad and after a little effort the red one started up . I changed the engine and gear oil and have put about 50 miles on it so far. This thing is fun, Like Louis once said, I think I'm becoming a "scooter nerd".

andyj812 07-28-2016 12:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The blue one I can get running if I put gas in the spark plug hole (after the spark plug) or spay starting fluid in the intake. But I can't get in to stay running with the carb. I took advantage of my wife being and work and cleaned the carb out on the table, II replace the carb and i started and ran for a minute and gas start flowing out of the side of the carb. I tried to to disassemble the top end of the carb but rounded the screws off so I'm just orderd a new one.

andyj812 07-28-2016 12:55 AM

Besides the carb, I need to buy 2 batteries and a set of mirrors for each scooter.

nonone 07-28-2016 01:17 AM

That's a hell of a deal. You just need the consumables. That carb looks like someone left ethanol gas in it for a while anyway.

Azhule 07-28-2016 01:37 AM

Why are these kind of deals no where near me :hehe:

Slap the working carb on the 'non working' scooter and take it for a spin too, it's being left out of all the fun :p plus it will give you a nice idea of what else (if anything) you might need for it :D

andyj812 07-28-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhule (Post 226377)
Why are these kind of deals no where near me :hehe:

Slap the working carb on the 'non working' scooter and take it for a spin too, it's being left out of all the fun :p plus it will give you a nice idea of what else (if anything) you might need for it :D

I thought about it but I have all the plastics off and new carb will be here in a couple days. The red one is fun to ride but I have no shortage of scooters. I bought my wife a Tao Tao Quantum 150 for Christmas last year and I have been riding that. My Crf250l at the dealership for a recall and they are taking their sweet time on that. I bought my 18 year old son a 2014 Tao Tao ATm50 with 307 kms on it last week off craigslist for $300. Wish I would have waited a week. It looks brand new, previous owner sold it because it woudn't idle, a valve adjustement took care of that.

andyj812 07-28-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonone (Post 226371)
That's a hell of a deal. You just need the consumables. That carb looks like someone left ethanol gas in it for a while anyway.

Beside the carb being all gunked up I siphoned the old smelling gas out of the gas tank and "rinsed" it out with some fresh gas and installed a new fuel filter. There is another pair on craigsist near me for $100 a piece OBO. If they are still there tomorrow I may scoop those up as well to get running and list back on Craigslist.

correction: the 2 scooters for 100 a peice on craigslist are already gone