ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   View - Video Interactive Eye Wear (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=8148)

Weldangrind 11-03-2010 11:26 AM

View - Video Interactive Eye Wear

Found a link for this on CL this morning. Seems like a good idea: http://www.videowatch.ca/

SpudRider 11-03-2010 10:48 PM

The camera seems to take pretty good video. :)

Spud :)

TurboT 11-04-2010 12:50 AM

Interesting time stamp on the video, almost 3 years ago!

Barnone 11-04-2010 10:41 PM

Neat device. Wonder if it will fit inside my full face helmet with the visor up? Probably not since my regular sun glasses are tight.

BillR 11-06-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnone
Neat device. Wonder if it will fit inside my full face helmet with the visor up? Probably not since my regular sun glasses are tight.

Interesting device. Would like to see it "in person" before I would throw cash at it.

Scorpion Exo900 helmet
Turn off the sound.
It's a neat hat if you wear glasses. The built in shades are the "bees knees".
Bill R

Weldangrind 11-06-2010 01:33 PM

Do you have that specific helmet Bill? I've always wondered how they would perform in a crash situation, vs. a non-removable canopy.

BillR 11-08-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Do you have that specific helmet Bill? I've always wondered how they would perform in a crash situation, vs. a non-removable canopy.

I do have the Exo 900 in Neon Yellow. I started out with the Exo 700, very satisfied with it except for the difficulty wearing glasses (and that's any one-piece helmet I tried).
The 700 is a quieter helmet regards wind noise.
I feel that the 900 will provide sufficient facial protection in the event of ground contact :wink:
The chin bar is the same thickness and build up as the one on the 700, just hinged to move up. It contacts on metal plates built into the helmet shell. The bar lock feels firm and secure.
If I were racing I would definitely use a one-piece unit, but for everyday use, the modualr can't be beat, IMHO.
Bill R

VIEW 11-15-2010 03:14 PM

Video Sunglasses

Hi All:

I am the owner of VIEW-Video Interactive Eyewear (www.videowatch.ca) and a rider too!

Sorry about the date thing, the video was taken in late August on the Rockys HD Cancer run to Turkey point. It was one of our first and we FORGOT to reset the date, lol (darn bikers, too busy riding to read the instructions, hehe).

Anyway, I hope you will all take a look at the clip on the website, these are HI DEF versions of the glasses, with a bonus 2g card. And I will be happy to answer any questions on them. Also note we ship Canada/Us! Average 3-4 days in Canada, up to 10 days to the US.

check out-www.videowatch.ca and like us on FACEBOOK (just hit the LIKE button on our webpage!)

Shiney side up
View
Sharon Robertson

waynev 11-15-2010 05:35 PM

Nice, that would be great for taking vid of my RC planes as i can always look at them while recording.

BillR 11-15-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynev
Nice, that would be great for taking vid of my RC planes as i can always look at them while recording.

That's a good one. We always fussed when we messed up the pan on a low fly by...
Bill R

SpudRider 11-15-2010 09:24 PM

Re: Video Sunglasses

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIEW
Hi All:

I am the owner of VIEW-Video Interactive Eyewear (www.videowatch.ca) and a rider too!

Sorry about the date thing, the video was taken in late August on the Rockys HD Cancer run to Turkey point. It was one of our first and we FORGOT to reset the date, lol (darn bikers, too busy riding to read the instructions, hehe).

Anyway, I hope you will all take a look at the clip on the website, these are HI DEF versions of the glasses, with a bonus 2g card. And I will be happy to answer any questions on them. Also note we ship Canada/Us! Average 3-4 days in Canada, up to 10 days to the US.

check out-www.videowatch.ca and like us on FACEBOOK (just hit the LIKE button on our webpage!)

Shiney side up
View
Sharon Robertson

Thanks for saying hello, Sharon. :)

Spud :)

TurboT 11-16-2010 12:47 AM

Hmm.. someone's been googling where her product shows up on the web!! :)

I think the product is cool, but I struggle with the "HI DEF" part.

Typically, anything 720P and higher would be HD. Your resolution parameters have the 720 in the wrong spot, the first number. You are actually recording in Standard Def with the second resolution number being 480. (DVD Quality is 480p)

TV quality HD is usually in 1280x720p while blue ray HD is 1960x1080p (P for "Progressive Scan")

I'm not trying to pick at the product, they seem cool for the price, just wanted to clarify my understanding of the video format.

Weldangrind 11-16-2010 01:48 AM

Welcome Sharon! Don't let TurboT scare you off; he's a tech master and a gentleman. :D

MICRider 11-16-2010 06:27 AM

Hi Sharon,
The glasses look cool! Just wanted to let you know though, your buy it now button on your webpage leads to a blank page. I was going to take the plunge on em but it wouldn't let me :D

Cheers,
Stew

VIEW 11-16-2010 07:53 AM

Hi there, just tried the ADD TO CART button, is workingnow, musta been a PAY PAL problem, sorry bout that, if you would like to order is working now!

As to the HD thing, there were other versions of these glasses around, most are either a 320 or a 640, and my business partner, who is a Broadcast Engineer, insisted we go with the 720 as they are Hi Def. As far as I know we are the only ones offering this higher end version.

If you click the VIDEOLINK button at the bottom of the page, my tech friend, you will have a droolfest over his products,lol.

And thanks for the welcome, I will be on and off here, if anyone has any questions!

Have a great day all!