ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   New RX3 New England owner! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18127)

vttrailboss 01-27-2017 08:38 AM

New RX3 New England owner!

Hi all,

I ordered a new RX3 the other day, and should be at my door in a week or so! This is my first brand new bike... first 250cc... first adventure bike... first Chinese bike... first internet (no test/see in person) bike purchase.... etc. etc. Believe it or not, I'm not much of a gambler either! ;-)

Thanks to a ton of reading, watching and comparing to my past bikes I think I've made a good choice. I really like all the support from CSC, and this forum. Turning a wrench isn't a problem... I actually prefer to do my own work (trusting a shop to do the right thing every time isn't so easy anymore).

Take it easy,
Jeff

JerryHawk250 01-27-2017 08:42 AM

Welcome to the forum! You picked a good bike for a 1st for every reason you purchased it for. I don't personally own one but quiet a few on here do and seem to like them. Should be a good reliable bike and excellent company you purchased it from.

Sport Rider 01-27-2017 09:14 AM

Welcome!

<sarcasm>

not sure why you would buy such a piece of crap as an RX3, but hope you enjoy it! :p :p :p :D

</sarcasm>

Great group here....feel free to ask any questions and get smart azz responses. :hi:

Oh....and we need pics when it comes in!!! :tup:

JerryHawk250 01-27-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 241590)
Welcome!

<sarcasm>

not sure why you would buy such a piece of crap as an RX3, but hope you enjoy it! :p :p :p :D

</sarcasm>

Great group here....feel free to ask any questions and get smart azz responses. :hi:

Oh....and we need pics when it comes in!!! :tup:

:lmao: Sport Rider. He didn't read the fine print when he signed up. "Must post picture within 24 hour of signing up or you will be ban for life" lol. We'll give him a break this time.

Weldangrind 01-27-2017 11:43 AM

Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

vttrailboss 01-27-2017 01:55 PM

I popped a few on here, but they haven't appeared yet. ;-)

vttrailboss 01-28-2017 07:55 PM

01/28/17 Trailer Closed - ready for dispatch.

:D

Dualsport Chic 01-29-2017 01:53 AM

Welcome to the New England RX3 club! I'm down along Rte 7 in Litchfield County, CT. There are a few of us here in New England and the group is growing steadily. I took my RX3 up to VT (Lake Bomoseen) for a 360 mile day ride back in November and it did just great. Will be traveling up there quite a bit this summer with Rex as well.

If you are interested, I lead a 165 rider small-mid displacement D/S group called Northeast Dualsport Riders (NDR) and we have three RX3 owners as members including myself - Check us out: https://www.meetup.com/Northeast-Dualsport-Riders/

Welcome again - and now the question - what color did you order??

Best,

DC

vttrailboss 01-29-2017 07:50 AM

DC,

I ordered Silver (the practical side of me decided over the orange). Thanks for the site, I'll check it out. Do you see a need for the 13t sproket? I drove through Green Mountain state forest yesterday, and wondered if the 250cc would haul my 210lbs up some of those hills. I can't wait for those roads/trails to thaw!

BTW; You were around one of my stomping grounds (Bomoseen). I keep a boat on it, and ice fish on it in winter.

Take it easy

Dualsport Chic 01-29-2017 08:37 AM

Give the stock sprocket a chance first on the terrain you plan to travel - as if you go lower, you'll only lose some top end. Remember - it is more road oriented - yet it will do fast gravel roads, but you'll bash it up with the low clearance you try to do Class IV or trail riding with it so I see no need for more down low grunt. I have the silver as well!

culcune 01-29-2017 11:50 AM

Welcome to here! You would probably be doing yourself a favor to join Dualsport Chic's group as you would get the most use out of your new bike, and you would have a couple other RX3's around you to compare notes on. Plus, as the saying goes "I wouldn't want to join a group that has me as a member" wouldn't apply since I live in Yuma, AZ! :)

pistolclass 01-29-2017 09:46 PM

Sounds like we might be able to get a nice little showing at the 2017 middletown motorcycle mania. Going to coerce motocheez into going, and maybe his buddy Vee and son. I would love to see a bunch of china bikes represent.

Dualsport Chic 01-30-2017 05:50 AM

Not much 'Adventure' to be found at the Middletown event - a bunch of built out sport bikes and cruisers - and lots of ape hangers however, if you're into that kinda thing. Try the Dirt Daze Rally first week of June in Lake Luzerne, NY - part of Americade but at a separate and distinct locale. More folk there an adventure rider can network with. Myself and several of my NDR team will be leading ADV and D/S guided tours - come join the fun - great event - with KTM demos!

Dualsport Chic 01-30-2017 06:02 AM

A bit more on NDR for those Northeastern US D/S and light ADV enthusiasts:

https://youtu.be/cTOoIIHvaqw

vttrailboss 02-01-2017 03:24 PM

about halfway!

1 Attachment(s)
It should be about halfway here at this time :-)